Does anyone else run their veg lights 24/7

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reloader

reloader

I am just curious because I have found it works well to have veg and clone room in one area. I run a 400 mh light 24/7 and It serves well for vegging big plants but also growing clones and even seedlings, so the cost of having it run that much is worth it. I have found that a 400 mh (digital ballast) run 24/7 only cost about $20 a month.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Done it both ways, and 24 hours isn't more costly if you have someplace to put all those plants you're growing so quickly! If not, then I'd say you have more scheduling problems than lighting problems.

I never had a problem with the ladies taking a long time to flower going from 24/7 veg to 12/12 flower.

I have done the 36-48 hours of darkness between veg and bloom and found no significant changes, other than being a bit quicker to set flowers. It didn't shorten cycle times.

Having dark time in veg does make temperature management a bit more tricky, but this shouldn't stop those who want to do it.

J

John Ditchweed

I read a couple studies on it.... from both studies the general 20/4 seems to work best for thickness and overall growth rate. The 24/0 is going to get you shorter plants with tighter nodes but overall will still be a tad smaller plant. any combination works really its what suits your needs

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

im experimenting with gas lantern schedule anyone know of any results using this veg schedule?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
My plants always have varying degrees of purpling stems throughout most of their lives. I used to worry about it. After doing a little research I came to the conclusion that if my plants are perfectly healthy in every way otherwise that I could stop worrying about the purple stems. I have not thought twice about it since, and my garden produces excellent results.

outwest

420Gator

420Gator

im experimenting with gas lantern schedule anyone know of any results using this veg schedule?
couple years back I remember seamaiden using a weird schedule like the one u posted in the other thread, maybe shoot her a PM

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Some strains will exhibit signs of purple stripes on stems, This is perfectly normal.. But a high % of purple stems I see on the boards is due to Mag deficiency.. Up the mag and you'll see the stems green up nice.. Green stems in veg is what you want , and it will perform much better in early bloom and will speed up the rooting process of clones as well..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

can mag and phosphorous have a relationship their im just asking?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i appreciate that.....back on the subject of veg. schedule i think the stretch happens at night ...and the plant on a 24 hr veg cycle is going through some unatural stuff...plant needs some kind of cycle and some say they take it on there own in the 24 hr. but have any of you tried to rest after working i mean rest out in the sun i mean theres even more to it for plants and photosynthesis and everything im no chemist...

Latest posts

Top Bottom