Does anyone know what i could do?

• Thread starter Bomeray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bomeray

Bomeray

Hello!
I planted these seeds on the 10th making them 10 days in soil.
One of them when the seed popped up had a dead leaf to start and I’m sure that’s what stunted her growth compared to the others. Is there something i can do to help her catch up or just wait it out.
Secondly 2 of the others seem to have a weak stem compared to the others. With the new leaves getting bigger it seem to be bending (i thought this was because it was moving towards the light) but it never straightened out. Is there something i can do to help them straighten out and strengthen the stem?

Does anyone know what i could do
Does anyone know what i could do 2
Does anyone know what i could do 3
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I like a full spectrum myself. At the proper intensity, solo cups with soil can take days and days to dry out before more water is needed.
they look good tho. Keep it up.👊

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

They have 4 on the bottom that connect the sides and 6 going around the sides about an inch up. Should i add more? The soil seems to be holding water way longer than i thought.
Also i read that putting the plants under blue light helps with beefing up the stem? Is this true?
I would say airflow strengthens the stems. Or you could wiggle it lightly side to side with your fingers once or twice a day can help with that. But really the airflow with the plant slightly rocking back and forth should help.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you are watering just a little too much, you can tell by the two round cotyledon leaves being curled down, but not bad enough to have caused damping off, yet anyways..
any cup, pot, bag your growing in should feel as light as a feather before watering. i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like 5,6,7 days before a watering.

Bomeray

Bomeray

Understood! I just propped them up with clothes pins because that’s all i had laying around rn and put a fan blowing slow air on them! Thanks so much! All my grow room stuff gets here Monday I’m just trying to keep them alive and healthy until the move 😂

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Understood! I just propped them up with clothes pins because that’s all i had laying around rn and put a fan blowing slow air on them! Thanks so much! All my grow room stuff gets here Monday I’m just trying to keep them alive and healthy until the move 😂
Just make sure it’s not direct air flow. Point fan at the wall to disperse air for the time being. There should be a gentle breeze like outside. Not like a hurricane where the plant is blowing all over the place.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Exactly^
airflow can increase more as they age. Start slow.
I subject my girls to some decent wind not hurricane force, but tropical for sure, in veg as they strengthen up best this way.
requires less staking later when they stack up.
Day 58. Lemon Thai. 2x4. 2girls.

BB7E3857 056A 4ADC 933A 0848A8DEC91E
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello!
I planted these seeds on the 10th making them 10 days in soil.
One of them when the seed popped up had a dead leaf to start and I’m sure that’s what stunted her growth compared to the others. Is there something i can do to help her catch up or just wait it out.
Secondly 2 of the others seem to have a weak stem compared to the others. With the new leaves getting bigger it seem to be bending (i thought this was because it was moving towards the light) but it never straightened out. Is there something i can do to help them straighten out and strengthen the stem?

Most of mine shoot out like that. I now only fill the cup half way and when it shoots up I fill the cup up with soil.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Did you punch lots of holes in the solo cups?
Swiss cheese those bastards.
I burn my holes in with a red hot coat hanger in solo cups and an old 3/8" drill bit I torch up on buckets. I've punched many a cup but split a bunch doing it. ...I love the smell of burning plastic in the mornings...lol ......no really I just like the nice round holes I get with the torch and deadly red hot metal poker...lol

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I lst my seedlings by moveing them back and forth a few times a day this will make your mainstem harden faster, if plant is leaning i tie 2 bread ties together and burn the plastic off half a tie, insert into dirt away from seedling and make a loupe to hold plant in place, i have used this trick for years, in pic just removed tie and plant is now stable.

20210318 165847
Pondracer

Pondracer

I use a paper clip I twist to make a brace to hold mine up. This happens when I have my light too high in the beginning and don't catch it. You have like 1 day to lower or they do what you see. Fan helps too, but I just brace them and wait another week or so, then they are fine.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I use a paper clip I twist to make a brace to hold mine up. This happens when I have my light too high in the beginning and don't catch it. You have like 1 day to lower or they do what you see. Fan helps too, but I just brace them and wait another week or so, then they are fine.
also sometimes when the ambient air temp is above 80 will sometimes cause stretching, as with the root zone being too warm/hot..

Top Bottom