Does anyone put epsom salt in the water you give to plants or foliar only?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I got the epsom salt and would like to start applying some. I noticed you said use it the last few weeks of flower? I thought the last 2 weeks was the time to use only water to let the plant use up the remaining nutrients. I’ve found some conflicting things online but when I see you or some other well respected grower talk about techniques like this I pay attention. I’m almost done with week 4 of flower so figured it would be a good time to start for the added sulfur my plants can use. I’ve came this far I don’t wanna mess up now…
You can start it now... even when flushing you want a small amount of ppm.

Madmax

Madmax

Say you have a week to go in flower and your runoff was for eg 500ppm last feed...if you go straight water does that water mix with remaining salts and plant uses that..cauase thatz what i did and over a period of 4 days 4 waterings the ppm dropped 100ppm ea watering.i just want to know would the plant b using that and is it okay to do it without giving anymore nutrients..

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You can start it now... even when flushing you want a small amount of ppm.
Sounds good! 2 grams per gal in flower I love learning more and more about all the nutrients cannabis uses and what they do

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Say you have a week to go in flower and your runoff was for eg 500ppm last feed...if you go straight water does that water mix with remaining salts and plant uses that..cauase thatz what i did and over a period of 4 days 4 waterings the ppm dropped 100ppm ea watering.i just want to know would the plant b using that and is it okay to do it without giving anymore nutrients..
Depends on the CEC and media... its typically used to reduce the ppm over the last 7-14 days. I mean there are several reasons ppl do or do not flush. I'm not able to explain them all. For me I boost sulfur to help with terp production. I haven't had lab tests done that conform this but in my own use I feel it dies help under my conditions with my nutrients. much depends on the nutrients you use... when it comes to nutrients it's all about ratios. There are too many variables at play to make a blanket statement that an addition of anything other than a PGR (and even then) will have a positive or negative impact on your grow.

Madmax

Madmax

Depends on the CEC and media... its typically used to reduce the ppm over the last 7-14 days. I mean there are several reasons ppl do or do not flush. I'm not able to explain them all. For me I boost sulfur to help with terp production. I haven't had lab tests done that conform this but in my own use I feel it dies help under my conditions with my nutrients. much depends on the nutrients you use... when it comes to nutrients it's all about ratios. There are too many variables at play to make a blanket statement that an addition of anything other than a PGR (and even then) will have a positive or negative impact on your grow.

Shes pretty much reads zilch after 5 days in coir/perlte .i just watered till i seen a little runoff not actually flushing..i dont use that word lol.i call it watering 😃..

Top Bottom