Does anyone put epsom salt in the water you give to plants or foliar only?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I use about 1 tsp per 5 gal so about 1g per gal like @Dirtbag last few weeks of flower. Not for the magnesium but for the sulfur
Same, I use it for the sulphur. I try to get a few different sources of S in there.
I think 1gram/gallon is about the perfect dose if it's your primary source of MG and S like cemchris said.

GrowSince52021

GrowSince52021

Ive been thinking of using Epsom Salt as a foliar spray between watering as well.

Do you spray when your lights are off? I would think spraying during the light cycle would burn, no?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Ive been thinking of using Epsom Salt as a foliar spray between watering as well.

Do you spray when your lights are off? I would think spraying during the light cycle would burn, no?
I use pure crop 1 as a foliar 5 mins before lights out. I’m gonna add epsom salt to my IPM solution.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I use Epsom salts in my resivoir for the last 2/3 of flowering.

I use Epsom salts in my resivoir for the last 2/3 of flowering.
Last 2 or 3 of flowering , only with 1g/gallon of Epsom salts in Res?
Or mixed with bloom, booster / PK heavy ?
I remember at this time, the amount you gave was about 0.8-1.0 ec
Thanks ,

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I've put it in the water for soil. I've sprayed it on leaves. And I've mixed it into my DWC water. It's all fine
I’m growing organic and came upon this and plan on using it as a foliar the last few weeks of flower. How often do you foliar feed with epsom salt?

Ponky

Ponky

I’m growing organic and came upon this and plan on using it as a foliar the last few weeks of flower. How often do you foliar feed with epsom salt?
I only did once. I have hard water. And with the size of my sprayer droplets it left hard water stains. So I stopped. With soil or promix I toss some in the a couple times during early flowering. With my DWC buckets I toss in 5 grams with the rest of the food in flower. I wouldn't foliar spray buds. Only until about week 3. Then stop spraying.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I use about 1 tsp per 5 gal so about 1g per gal like @Dirtbag last few weeks of flower. Not for the magnesium but for the sulfur

Do you use it for every watering on the last few weeks or?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Epsom is completely chemical, man. Blows your organic out of the water immediately.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I only used it when I did niski nap grow wool when it was in winter and they had the rose look which they called black spot and used it as feed additive to nutes 👻🚂

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I would only use if need as the nutes have it all in a balanced diet better of with adding trace elements if your water is filtered as it has everything u need and cheaper then getting cal mag 👻🚂🤜🤛

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I dont use it for the mag... i use 1 g per gal for the mag in veg only because of my base nutes. 2 gram per gal in flower for the added sulfur while keeping mag in a decent ratio.
Ok so I got the epsom salt and would like to start applying some. I noticed you said use it the last few weeks of flower? I thought the last 2 weeks was the time to use only water to let the plant use up the remaining nutrients. I’ve found some conflicting things online but when I see you or some other well respected grower talk about techniques like this I pay attention. I’m almost done with week 4 of flower so figured it would be a good time to start for the added sulfur my plants can use. I’ve came this far I don’t wanna mess up now…

Latest posts

Top Bottom