Does anyone still run seeds in there GH?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I really don't have the room indoors to test the sativa leaning strains. I was just wondering the risks of planting seeds in my GH vs the chancing of them herming. I was told that sativa leaning strains very rarely herm?
I'm looking at running Nevilles Haze, NL#5 x Haze, SSH and Jack Herer from seed.
Thoughts

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm a bit confused too. I grow a lot of SATIVA strains, mostly from seed. In general, most growers don't prefer Sativa because of the looser buds and everyone likes the nuggs. As a result, the Sativa strain on general is less crossed genetically, at least in my observations. There are a million new indica strains, but relatively few sativa strains, and many are supposedly landrace.
I think the mixing of genes has allowed the hermaphrodite trait to get established, and now it is embedded into some strains. I think this is why you don't hear much about Sativa hermaphrodites. That is NOT to say that you might still get an occasional male flower, but they are uncommon IMO.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You should have no problems growing Sativas in a greenhouse. They are pretty resilient and do well indoors or out, although their height makes them a little more attention needing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I really don't have the room indoors to test the sativa leaning strains. I was just wondering the risks of planting seeds in my GH vs the chancing of them herming. I was told that sativa leaning strains very rarely herm?
I'm looking at running Nevilles Haze, NL#5 x Haze, SSH and Jack Herer from seed.
Thoughts

Sounds like good old stable strains to try to me. The hermies seem to be coming from later crosses. The plants you list are well bred.

But as far as sativas and sativa leaning hybrids reversing. I have had it happen a few times but usually from stress caused by my own grower errors rather than seeming genetic alone.

Top Bottom