Does anyone use jobes fertilizer spikes for your nutrient?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I am looking at doing auto plants with the 4-4-4 spikes and the 2-7-4 spikes in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. I am thinking about breaking 1 of the 4-4-4 spikes in half and putting it into the pot when I put the coco coir in then break 1 of the 2-7-4 spikes in half and putting it in at the start of flower. Would that work similar to biotabs with it?

NairnM16

NairnM16

I am looking at doing auto plants with the 4-4-4 spikes and the 2-7-4 spikes in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. I am thinking about breaking 1 of the 4-4-4 spikes in half and putting it into the pot when I put the coco coir in then break 1 of the 2-7-4 spikes in half and putting it in at the start of flower. Would that work similar to biotabs with it?
Give it a try
Start at a low ppm nd slowly increases till you see slight tip burn then go back to the lowest dose again should be fine
Best way to learn is to just do it
Let us know the results if you do go ahead with this
Good luck all the best

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Give it a try
Start at a low ppm nd slowly increases till you see slight tip burn then go back to the lowest dose again should be fine
Best way to learn is to just do it
Let us know the results if you do go ahead with this
Good luck all the best

It's my understanding that these "Jobes Fertilizer Spikes" are slow release and might not release fast enough for coco. I could be wrong about that though. Doesn't hurt to try but keep your normal plant food on hand if deficiencies show up.

I'm pretty sure they won't over-feed. I'm not confident they will feed enough. At least this is what I've heard before ... Someone here may have tried them already and might have better input. Those spikes have been around for years.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yep did a whole grow using the 4-4-4 and Tomato spikes in bloom, it went so smooth my only complaint was how boring it was (you'll have to add calmag regularly though) I'll find the link and post it up when I get a moment

Edit: I wasn't in Coco, don't think I would try it in Coco, but I'll put the link up anyway

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I also have dr earth dry fertilizer in 4-6-3 and 3-9-4. I may do a mix of 70% dry 4-6-3 and 30% 3-9-4 fertilizer when I put the plants in the pot then put in a 2-7-4 spike when it starts flowering and also top dress with some dry 50 50 mix of the 4-6-3 and 3-9-4 dry fertilizer at like a half strength of it.

the123321

the123321

Yep did a whole grow using the 4-4-4 and Tomato spikes in bloom, it went so smooth my only complaint was how boring it was (you'll have to add calmag regularly though) I'll find the link and post it up when I get a moment

Thanks. You did the 4-4-4 spikes and the 2-7-4 spikes? I do plan to put calmag with the silicon in the reservoir that feeds it with the autopots. Did you use coco for it? I have been trying to find out more information on this for a while. Would you mind telling me how big your pots were and how many spikes you used and when?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks. You did the 4-4-4 spikes and the 2-7-4 spikes? I do plan to put calmag with the silicon in the reservoir that feeds it with the autopots. Did you use coco for it? I have been trying to find out more information on this for a while. Would you mind telling me how big your pots were and how many spikes you used and when?
I don't get involved with Coco it's just not my thing but a lot of people like it so I don't really want to comment on it further, anyway here's the link, if you try it maybe start a journal I'd like to follow along, good luck!

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I will read your thread. I wonder if a mixture of the spikes and dry fertilizer amendments in top dressings would work better with the coco.

the rrock

the rrock

keep up the post ,ive got dozens of spikes and they work great for veggies and flowers,but never even thought about using on cannabis

Latest posts

Top Bottom