Does Anyone Use Led Lights To Clone?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
I have a 4x4 tent and I want to put my moms and clones in the same tent so I was hoping to use an LED light for everything in the tent.
I have a 4 bank T-5 and a cfl but I think going with the LED would be cleaner and better?

juggernaut

juggernaut

I put the clones on a stool 3' tall and just use 2 domes(for good humidity) for 40 clones.
I might keep the cfl for clones and the LED for moms. I'm still trying to get it down to 1 light to make it easier in the tent.
Heat is a big concern. Also thought about a 250w or 400w MH

hermit186

hermit186

Not a good idea, use a florescent it produces the light they need and Led's are a different spread of the light they shoot straight down where the florescent project in every direction. I use florescent T-5 in my veg tray till 3rd or 4th week of veg. Then Led's from then on. Think about this mothers what you want and that is a plant reaching for the light and stretching out a little. That is not what you get with led's but is with cfls or florescent.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Any suggestions on a good LED light for a 2'x4' tent for my moms and clones?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have only used Advanced Diamond Series 300`s (DS 300) and have been happy with the results. One thing to remember, good LED`s are not cheap and cheap LED`s are not good. Check out what other peeps use. One more suggestion, use a couple smaller one`s verses one big one. Will cover more area and most important, if one takes a shit, ya still got light verses darkness with one big one.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

You can make a couple lights and get great results like this
SAM 1129

SAM 1131

SAM 1132

Latest posts

Top Bottom