Does anyone what this is???

• Thread starter K_83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K_83

K_83

This year has been a battle! Please see attached pics. Any information on what I'm dealing with is highly appreciated!

Does anyone what this is
Does anyone what this is 2
Does anyone what this is 3
Does anyone what this is 4
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Aphids maybe, fungus gnat larve, there are too many to guess. I need a close up of them to be sure.
But you also have light stress there and maybe a root issue.

What are you growing in?
How often do you water?
How much do you water?
How much and how often on feeding?
pH?
Lights and distance from canopy?

One of these will help;
USB Microscope

Microscope
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No matter what they are, you still need to treat and correct issues if you want to save the plant.
May we have some pix of the plant also?
Side views, and pix of the pot and whats in it.

If you have this, use it. If you don't get some.

PlantTherapy
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

Thrips. Scorched earth time, amigo. Burn it down, spray pyrethrin on everything. Vacuum, wipe down, start over. I grew roses and had a helluva time with these. They just won't fucking go away. I lost a rose in the family for 100 years. Attacked the blossoms. Neem oil helps with these, but not if it gets out of hand. I can't see how bad your infection is by the pictures. You can blast the room with Raid but I don't know if it kills all stages of these.

Last edited:
K_83

K_83

No matter what they are, you still need to treat and correct issues if you want to save the plant.

Thank you....I ordered that yesterday! Two plants in soil outdoor. Haven't watered much...been raining..started on lower leaves and has spread up. Doesn't seem to like sun bc more prevelant in the am than after sun all day.

K_83

K_83

Sucks...gorgeous on the outside...hollowed out from the inside...started bout 1.5 weeks ago and been using spinosad...with no help

20210816 110706
20210824 072621
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok. When it comes from the bottom up, it has something to do with the soil or what you are feeding.
Check pH, runoff ppms.
Since you are growing outside, you need to use organic methods to correct, UNLESS you always feed store bought nutes from a bottle.

K_83

K_83

Wondering if the white "things" are causing it...or a product of the dying leaves (if caused by some other issue)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Also, 'hollowed out' is normal when the inside is not getting much light.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

You're right, destroying everything is drastic. I just hate bugs. I just know they shit on the weed and it bothers me.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You're right, destroying everything is drastic. I just hate bugs. I just know they shit on the weed and it bothers me.
Yeah, I hear you. There are options now that we did not know about before. And just think of the bug poop as extra protein. 😂

Top Bottom