Does cannabis in veg state have strong smell?

• Thread starter TomH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomH

TomH

I have an Apples and Bananas clone, that is 17 days* old (planted 17 days ago).
The branch was about 3 or 4 inches long when planted, it’s growing pretty rapidly.
This morning, while greeting her for the morning, I noticed a pretty strong weedy aroma.

She’s about 12” to 14” tall and starting to bulk up in the mid section.
The growing top was FIMMED about a week ago and seems to be helping with the bushiness of the plant.

There are no buds forming yet, I’m still running her at 18/6, temp is being pinned by a controller to 79 degrees, 65% RH.
I’ve smelled plants in veg state in the past an they smell like chlorophyll, but this is definitely a pot smell.

Anyone run into that before?

Does it ever carry over to the smell of the bud in full flower stage?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have an Apples and Bananas clone, that is 17 days* old (planted 17 days ago).
The branch was about 3 or 4 inches long when planted, it’s growing pretty rapidly.
This morning, while greeting her for the morning, I noticed a pretty strong weedy aroma.

She’s about 12” to 14” tall and starting to bulk up in the mid section.
The growing top was FIMMED about a week ago and seems to be helping with the bushiness of the plant.

There are no buds forming yet, I’m still running her at 18/6, temp is being pinned by a controller to 79 degrees, 65% RH.
I’ve smelled plants in veg state in the past an they smell like chlorophyll, but this is definitely a pot smell.

Anyone run into that before?

Does it ever carry over to the smell of the bud in full flower stage?
It can… give a little stem rub and you should pick up the general profile pretty well

E

elusiveshame

Every time I trim I get a good whiff of what she’s gonna smell like.

If you mean when you open the tent and smell inside, they can, but it’s typically not that strong. In flower, though, those smells will increase 10 fold.

TomH

TomH

Every time I trim I get a good whiff of what she’s gonna smell like.

If you mean when you open the tent and smell inside, they can, but it’s typically not that strong. In flower, though, those smells will increase 10 fold.
Yeah, it’s just walking into the tent, but not all the time.
I may have smelled it shortly after trimming a couple lower leaves, perhaps that was the reason.
Thank you

TSD

TSD

Sometimes, depends on the strain, I find my ladies put off a smell after they get watered especially. I like to think that means they're thankful for the drink lol.

Top Bottom