Does clone root speed have any Impact on yield?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all,

I’ve always rooted my clones in jiffy cubes. My clones root in 10-12 days.

I’ve heard of people getting clones to root faster (7 days) using aeroponic propagators.

Does the speed of a a clone’s roots appearing have any impact of eventual yield, assuming the roots are healthy & vigorous and appear in less than 14 days? I’ve always assumed it makes no difference.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi all,

I’ve always rooted my clones in jiffy cubes. My clones root in 10-12 days.

I’ve heard of people getting clones to root faster (7 days) using aeroponic propagators.

Does the speed of a a clone’s roots appearing have any impact of eventual yield, assuming the roots are healthy & vigorous and appear in less than 14 days? I’ve always assumed it makes no difference.
Your assumption is right imo. Only benefit isI getting there a bit faster.

Andy

Andy

Agreed. Doesnt affect yield ultimately but may indicate a slow vegger. That may require more veg time for good yield.
Just to be super clear (I’m not great at explaining myself), all the resulting clones in my jiffy cubes are very vigorous with good roots. I take about double the amount I need and only select the best.

So I’m specifically talking about the difference between excellent, vigorously rooted clones that took 12 days in jiffy cubes vs excellent, vigorously rooted clones that took 7 days in an aeroponic propagator.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just to be super clear (I’m not great at explaining myself), all the resulting clones in my jiffy cubes are very vigorous with good roots. I take about double the amount I need and only select the best.

So I’m specifically talking about the difference between excellent, vigorously rooted clones that took 12 days in jiffy cubes vs excellent, vigorously rooted clones that took 7 days in an aeroponic propagator.

Ok. I have not seen a difference in the final plant die to rooting speed but if you are growing plants together it might benefit to keep the fast ones together. If you re clone for next time your results might be more even as far as growth.

Andy

Andy

Nice one - I always chuck all the slow rooters away & only use fast rooters for the crop. I’m thinking if you do that, there would probably be no difference between the two methods.

Top Bottom