Does everything look ok?

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I am completely new to growing. I attempted 5 seeds 1 month ago and I completely failed. Long story short, exhaust was not plugged in and my grow tent got to 106 degrees with seeds I put directly in soil without germinating. I'm attempting 5 new plants of autoflower Grandaddy Purp. I germinated seeds with paper towel method for 48 hours, planted them 5 days ago and I can't figure out if plants look good or not. In comparing my plants to other pictures, in some discussions I would say they look good but in other discussions I would say the leaves are curling and scared I may be overwatering. I have 1200 Watt Bloomspect LED about 13 inches away, 1 exhaust, 2 small fans, planted in Sungrow Black Gold organic soul, my current temp is 77.9 Far., humidity is 47% (I literally just watered with spray bottle so humidity may be slightly up.), I always balance my PH at 6.0 when I water, not using any nutrients, and doing an 18/6 light schedule. I would love people thoughts. Do plants look good? To close to light? Leaves curling and showing signs of overwatering (I'm spraying/misting daily). Please don't laugh if my setup is bad or if I'm way off lol. Any thoughts would be awesome.

Does everything look ok
Does everything look ok 2
Does everything look ok 3
freezeland2

freezeland2

Careful not to overwater those solo cups. Did you add drain holes to them?

socks4free

socks4free

Did you add a ton of drain holes? In the sides along the bottom under the cup everywhere basically the solo cups tend to hold water in alot make sure your letting them dry out most of the way before watering again most new growers tend to mess up watering above all else.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Plenty of hole. One pencil size in center, and snipped 3 sides. It's just tough to tell cause when I Google some people's pics look the same and they are raving about how awesome their plants are doing and then when I Google "curling leaves" I see people with pics that look just like mine saying it's watering issues. Also, if it's overwatering and I dry them out for 2 or 3 days, will everything be OK? I got Grandaddy Purp because A.) It's one of my personal favorite smokes smokes B) I have read they are very hardy.

socks4free

socks4free

Yes they should bounce back if it's over watering and you let them dry and and start watering correctly

TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

How close is your light? Looks about 12 inches that may be too close

MrUnChained

MrUnChained

Im going to second that your light is wayyyyyyy to close lol no pro here but check what the manufacturer recommends or see what other people set ups look like who did a start to finish with that particular light.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank all of you. I'm gonna let them dry out for a day or 2, have 2 small fans circulating air as well.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

When you start watering again, use very little. I measure a 1/4 cup of water for a solo cup. Depending on the temperature, every 2 to 4 days at that stage. At this stage, you don't need to worry about saturating the whole cup, and if you do, it's hard to not drown the center, where the roots are. When the plant is about 3 or four inches tall, you can step it up a little, but slowly. Over watering kills more seedlings than anything else.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Tha k you guys. I shifted my fans a little closer to the cups and they all look perfect this morning

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Im going to second that your light is wayyyyyyy to close lol no pro here but check what the manufacturer recommends or see what other people set ups look like who did a start to finish with that particular light.
I have tried and only find pics of fully developed plants. They look way better this morning.

MrUnChained

MrUnChained

If they look better run with it every ones set up varies just have to dial yours in youll know for the next run 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

They are loving the setup now. I moved my room A.C. unit closer and got the Temps at 77, they are responding well to lights being 14 inches away. Only one is looking a little so so but after I picked up the cup I realized it was definitely over watered. But the other 4 bounced back really well

Top Bottom