Does Exhaust Fan Need To Run 24/7

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My night co2 hovers about 800ppm. I don't have any rh issues, I run deheuys and ac.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have an intake and exhaust fan on speed controllers, plugged into a thermostat set at 74*. When the tent temp gets above 75*, fans come on at about 30% speed. Temp drops below 72*, fans turn off. Works perfectly, costs about $30 for the thermostat. I got the 2 inline hurricane fans and 2 controllers off Craigslist for $70.

I'm going to amend my previous post. Now that the rains have started here, RH is becoming a big problem in the tent. Like 97% when the lights are off.
Since I can't pick up a Titan fan controller yet, I've been messing with the thermostat settings, but I think I'm going to have to run them constantly for the time being. Too much humidity in the air around here right now.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You need a dehumidifier. Fans won' cut it. A fan just moves air, nothing more or less.

Enforcer

Enforcer

You need a dehumidifier. Fans won' cut it. A fan just moves air, nothing more or less.
True, but the fans will move the high humidity air in the tent out, while brining less humid air in. I have a small dehumidifier in the tent and like I said, during lights out it gets real high. When I turn the fans on, I can watch the humidity drop on the readout. You are correct in that if I want to drop it below the ambient RH, I will need a bigger dehumidifier.

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

Got exhuast fan and a 6in inside fan clamped to a pole in tent. The clip fan runs all the time but trying to figure out this new timer to set for on and off at periods of time...seems to be in 90's here again for another week before fall temps come back and inside of 4x2x5 tent get about 81 during day in sunroom but when was cooler and mornings were in mid 50's temp would be around 65 but move up as day and sun came out to around 74....what is good temp to keep in it....humidity only runs around 60's or high 50's

Enforcer

Enforcer

Got exhuast fan and a 6in inside fan clamped to a pole in tent. The clip fan runs all the time but trying to figure out this new timer to set for on and off at periods of time...seems to be in 90's here again for another week before fall temps come back and inside of 4x2x5 tent get about 81 during day in sunroom but when was cooler and mornings were in mid 50's temp would be around 65 but move up as day and sun came out to around 74....what is good temp to keep in it....humidity only runs around 60's or high 50's
81*F is ok for LEDs, for HID lights I like it closer to 78*F. I like to keep the day/night swing to 10-15 degrees. Anything below the low 60’s will slow growth considerably.

Latest posts

Top Bottom