Does going 12-12 for 5 or 6 days force flowering?

• Thread starter CannaGas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGas

CannaGas

So I had transplanted my biggest plant recently and kept it in a room where there's a big ass window with lots of sunlight. I cant keep it with the other plants under the LEDs cuz there is not a lot of space for the pot and the power goes out a lot. I keep all the plants in the window room during the day cuz they seem to love the sunlight a lot and move the ones I didnt transplant back to the bulbs. I've been using an almost 24-0 light cycle up until this point and I try to do the same with the plant in the window room. I would turn on the light in that room, though its not very strong I think its bright enough to keep the plant from flowering since I wanna go for a full 60 days or even more before flowering. The plants are growing slower than what I see online and dont know if its due to genetics since theyre bagseed or if I'm just not that great of a grower. I got 3 plants are around 47 days old and two 4 week old seedlings. The problem though is that the power went out at night a few times and the plants are getting around 12 hours of darkness. I keep an emergency light and put that onto the smaller plants because its more convenient than keeping it on the transplanted one. Its been like this for almost a week and now the power is more consistent. Would flowering have already began and if so should I continue 12-12 to avoid turning the plant into a potential hermie or will it be find to put it back onto 24-0.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes as plants reacted to going from 24/0 to straight 12/12, if you step em down say 16/8, and then 12/12 the hormonal response is slower .
Clones are fully matured and they flip faster then say seed.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
But seeds will be fine usually as they don’t sexually mature till about 3-4 months on life cycle so I think you are safe but try to keep more then 14 hrs of light until fully mature to say flower

CannaGas

CannaGas

But seeds will be fine usually as they don’t sexually mature till about 3-4 months on life cycle so I think you are safe but try to keep more then 14 hrs of light until fully mature to say flower
Great, I was really scared of an early flower. I'll definitely keep the plants under longer periods of light from now on. Thanks 🤜🤛

Top Bottom