Does in house really have a herm problem?

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I have heard that in house can have herm problems and “untested” gear(same criticisms as seed junky) and is this actually true? I’m looking to buy a few packs to hunt in a new room with a bunch of plants from clone and I’d like to stay away from a hermie prone breeder but I keep seeing one person say yes and then another say no.
What have been your experiences with in house? I’m looking specifically at the platinum crosses(platinum dosi and platinum giant)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Any breeder with as many new strains constantly as in house or many of the other “big names” on the forums today are going to have a lot of variance in their seeds and of course with such uncontrolled variance there will be sensitive plants from limited breeding practice.

Proper breeding takes time. Time is money.

cottageman

cottageman

Any breeder with as many new strains constantly as in house or many of the other “big names” on the forums today are going to have a lot of variance in their seeds and of course with such uncontrolled variance there will be sensitive plants from limited breeding practice.

Proper breeding takes time. Time is money.
This is why I’m asking about experience and specifically about his platinum line because he’s worked the platinum for years, including re making platinum to cross so it should be one of his more stable strains

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is why I’m asking about experience and specifically about his platinum line because he’s worked the platinum for years, including re making platinum to cross so it should be one of his more stable strains

i have no personal experience with his stuff. But his prices are ridiculous and he has put out hundreds of different strains in only a few years.

My favorite breeders put out maybe 30 strains in 20 years.

I just dont trust the chuckers for our meds.

I tried useful seeds. Another current volume strain chucker. His fem seeeds were only $60 for 10 seeds. Every plant is quite different.

I like that for fun and variety but yields are all over the place and so is structure and all plants have had a nanner or two show up under any stress.

But again. I have not tried ihg so take my info with a grain of salt so to speak.

I also dont think seeds should cost hundreds of dollars. Shame legal weed brings down the price of weed but higher price seeds.

Damn good marketing!

cottageman

cottageman

i have no personal experience with his stuff. But his prices are ridiculous and he has put out hundreds of different strains in only a few years.

I tried useful seeds. Another current volume strain chucker. His fem seeeds were only $60 for 10 seeds. Every plant is quite different.

I like that for fun and variety but yields are all over the place and so is structure and all plants have had a nanner or two show up under any stress.

But again. I have not tried ihg so take my info with a grain of salt so to speak.

I also dont think seeds should cost hundreds of dollars. Shame legal weed brings down the price of weed but higher price seeds.

Damn good marketing!
10 fem seeds for $130 (his gear is 30% off right now) is not expensive at all in my opinion especially if you find a worthy keeper. 10 clones from a good dispensary costs at least that much if not more and elite cuts can sometimes cost $1k or more

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

Damn good marketing!

Bingo

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

10 fem seeds for $130 (his gear is 30% off right now) is not expensive at all in my opinion especially if you find a worthy keeper. 10 clones from a good dispensary costs at least that much if not more and elite cuts can sometimes cost $1k or more

Ok. I have not checked recently. I just remember packs of seeds for $250-$300 talked about on the riu thread. There are hundreds of pages now on that thread.

cottageman

cottageman

I see people say this but I also see people saying they’ve popped multiple packs of his without herms which is why I’m asking. I’ve popped fem seeds from people who barley put out lines and they’ve hermed so that’s not always the best indicator

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I see people say this but I also see people saying they’ve popped multiple packs of his without herms which is why I’m asking. I’ve popped fem seeds from people who barley put out lines and they’ve hermed so that’s not always the best indicator

100% true. I'm just backing his statements on pollen chuckers. Not much time, or knowledge of plant biology, is required.

Good luck!!!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The thing about fems is if everything runs smooth and perfect they probably won’t herm, throw a little stress in at the wrong time and bam! Doesn’t matter who or how they were femmed. And another thing about fems is don’t leave undergrowth that won’t see light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The thing about fems is if everything runs smooth and perfect they probably won’t herm, throw a little stress in at the wrong time and bam! Doesn’t matter who or how they were femmed. And another thing about fems is don’t leave undergrowth that won’t see light.

All my plants have been fems. Some have hermed. Most have not. Almost always nutrient stress related.

But i almost never pick a leaf and my buds are developed down to the bottom of the plant for the most part.

cottageman

cottageman

For anyone wondering I ended up buying 2 packs of the platinum dosi and a pack of watermelon soda from Umami seeds.
I asked a few people who actually had experience with the platinum line and they all said it was pretty stable and one of their favorite platinum crosses produced so I can’t wait to see what the phenos turn out like in my new room

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

All my plants have been fems. Some have hermed. Most have not. Almost always nutrient stress related.

But i almost never pick a leaf and my buds are developed down to the bottom of the plant for the most part.

If you have Fem seeds that hermed , thats not because of nutrient stress, its because the breeder made them from shit genetics, the breeder pushed out shit product to make a buck, instead of taking the time to test select good genetics, making him a shit breeder. all the newer guys are doing it, short cuts for a buck. Most of the newer guys and even the some not so new breeders don't even mention any wheres what the terp/flavor profile is, no write or anything, just list the mother / father and some kind of time line. Thats because they don't test their stuff enough to know and their not confident enough to say what your going to get because their just pushing it out. I called a few of them out on it lately, they think everyone stupid. lets just say they don't like it when getting called out.

FourthCity

FourthCity

If you have Fem seeds that hermed , thats not because of nutrient stress, its because the breeder made them from shit genetics, the breeder pushed out shit product to make a buck, instead of taking the time to test select good genetics, making him a shit breeder. all the newer guys are doing it, short cuts for a buck. Most of the newer guys and even the some not so new breeders don't even mention any wheres what the terp/flavor profile is, no write or anything, just list the mother / father and some kind of time line. Thats because they don't test their stuff enough to know and their not confident enough to say what your going to get because their just pushing it out. I called a few of them out on it lately, they think everyone stupid. lets just say they don't like it when getting called out.
So you think its impossible to cause a plant from a fem seed to herm from stress? In my experience its definitely something that can happen if you are not careful, that being said some strains have proven more prone to it than others and some will herm solely based on genetics. Also, most strains (if they aren't back crossed with themselves) are going to have different phenotypes that can contain a range of terps and flavor profiles depending on which of the parent strains is more dominant, this doesn't imply a shit breeder. I'm more skeptical of the breeders with big claims than the one that just tell you lineage and flowering time.
I have heard that in house can have herm problems and “untested” gear(same criticisms as seed junky) and is this actually true? I’m looking to buy a few packs to hunt in a new room with a bunch of plants from clone and I’d like to stay away from a hermie prone breeder but I keep seeing one person say yes and then another say no.
What have been your experiences with in house? I’m looking specifically at the platinum crosses(platinum dosi and platinum giant)
You may have to grow a few of each strain before you find the keeper you want but that is pretty normal. I have a keeper Slurricane that has been cloned and grown several times now and its always fantastic, I also grew their slurricane x animal cookies x ogkb 2.1 and was very impressed. Slurricane is currently my all around best strain, it is resilient, potent, high yielding, beautiful to look at, and a great smoke. I point out the resiliency because it seems to show less stress when conditions are not ideal (for ex my ac was out for a month) than most other plants I have grown. I have not seen any signs of pollen sacks or herm traits on either of the in house genetics strains I've had.
Slurricane
slur3-jpg.954470

Slurricane x Animal Cookies x OGKB v2.1
animal-cookies-x-slurricane-7-x-ogkb-v2-1-jpg.942692

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No they are diesel/ thai hybrids and ed rosenthal bud hybrids worked for a long time starting in the 90’s using stable classic genetics that were all the originals.

But keep coming to conclusions

Picky plants sometimes reverse under stress. Many great strains like ESCD may do this if stressed enough.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It's a craps shoot honestly these days. Sorry I have never even heard of them or know anyone who has run any of it.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

If you test your female plants properly and do things right there is a less then 1% chance you will have herms, but this take time and effort, I know breeders that will tell you the same thing. and I bet that if you worked a line well enough you'd get females that are very unlikely to herm, but its easier and faster a to say oh this line is prone to herm. and if you make fem seeds that you no will have hems in them then yes your a shit breeder in my books.
I'm not saying its impossible to cause a plant from a fem seed to herm from stress, but if your females are tested properly and selected properly, you will be pollinating them with female sperm so to say, and then your chances of herms are like 1%. but many breeders are not doing that. I took plants that hermed and it took a few generations and careful selecting and testing but in the end I had plants that didn't herm . I have strains thats are 20 years old or better, original from that time, and they have been worked with many strains some of the ones mentioned above, and guess what they don't herm, because i did my do diligence, and put in the work in so it would happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom