Does my Northern lights look okay?

• Thread starter GriddleStick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GriddleStick

GriddleStick

Hi,

Its my first grow,I found a northern lights seed in bag and stated to grow it. I'm not sure how far along it is now but the plant is in flower.

I've learned a lot from this plant and can't wait to keep growing more. Its in flower but I never kept track of how far along it is. I'm concerned the buds may be really small and want to know what I can do to improve the yield.

Plant started off in a ghetto grow box I made and only recently moved into a 2x2x4 grow tent with 600w led full spectrum lighting have a carbon filter and ducting. I haven't added any additional nutes because honestly I'm scared of killing it and don't trust myself to do it properly. It's growing in promix herb and vegetables mix.

I keep the light about 1.5-2 ft away from the highest bud. I would love some recommendations on how to improve or even how add nutrients. Please be easy on me I've never really had a green thumb. The really young picture is before I put into new tent with new equipment and the rest are 12 days after the new environment.

Thanks in advance.

Does my northern lights look okay
Does my northern lights look okay 2
Does my northern lights look okay 3
Does my northern lights look okay 4
Does my northern lights look okay 5
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Looking ok so far. You have a long way to go. She just started flowering

NorGrower

NorGrower

Hey there. Great job for a first time grower, keep it up. You'll learn more and more as you go along so the coming grows will be incrementally better.
I would like to point out that based on the first image, you'll likely have a blurple light. The Chinese are happy to describe these as "full spectrum" even though they emit almost exclusively red and blue light, as we see in the image.

When the lamp is advertised as "600W" it won't actually pull 600W from the wall. The "600W" is rather a bad comparison to HPS lights. I.e. the wattage description of your LED light indicates what its equivalent would be in the HPS-category. This is poor way of comparing or presenting lights, I might add. There is no obvious correlation between LED and HPS wattage so manufacturers make up numbers as they go along.

Generally speaking, blurple lights have poor efficacy and coverage so even if it might pull 100 or 150 real watts, it's light output and intensity (PPFD) is usually low. The reason I'm saying is this is to give an indication of what harvest you should expect, which is to say, not a massive one. I would guess you're looking at around 0.5g/real watts.

If your budget allows, I would consider adding more supplemental light as you go into flowering. By the looks of it, your plant can definitely do with more light and nutrients. If you start adding nutrients, start off small and increase every other week. Light and nutrients are your plant's food. Not giving your plant food will result in a small plant and small harvest.

Good luck growing and learning!

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

yep it will need more than i say in previous post. it seems i was superhigh yesterday hehe :P

GriddleStick

GriddleStick

Hey there. Great job for a first time grower, keep it up. You'll learn more and more as you go along so the coming grows will be incrementally better.
I would like to point out that based on the first image, you'll likely have a blurple light. The Chinese are happy to describe these as "full spectrum" even though they emit almost exclusively red and blue light, as we see in the image.

When the lamp is advertised as "600W" it won't actually pull 600W from the wall. The "600W" is rather a bad comparison to HPS lights. I.e. the wattage description of your LED light indicates what its equivalent would be in the HPS-category. This is poor way of comparing or presenting lights, I might add. There is no obvious correlation between LED and HPS wattage so manufacturers make up numbers as they go along.

Generally speaking, blurple lights have poor efficacy and coverage so even if it might pull 100 or 150 real watts, it's light output and intensity (PPFD) is usually low. The reason I'm saying is this is to give an indication of what harvest you should expect, which is to say, not a massive one. I would guess you're looking at around 0.5g/real watts.

If your budget allows, I would consider adding more supplemental light as you go into flowering. By the looks of it, your plant can definitely do with more light and nutrients. If you start adding nutrients, start off small and increase every other week. Light and nutrients are your plant's food. Not giving your plant food will result in a small plant and small harvest.

Good luck growing and learning!
Thank you so much! Thats great advice my wife bought me those lights as an early Christmas gift. Is there any recommendation for fairly decent cheap lights? And at this stage of its life what nutrients would you recommend?

Latest posts

Top Bottom