Does Potassium Silicate addition add Too much Potassium?

• Thread starter plumsmooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

I like the PH increase I get with the addition of a tsp of Armour SI to my Power Grower RDWC upon reservoir change of 2.5 gallon.
I am trying to figure out if the Armour SI N-P-K of 0-0-4 with the 1 Tsp is enough to throw off the numbers I get with either a Jacks 700 PPM or a GH Flora 1000 PPM as my base nutrient?

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

I was wondering this too. Something I'm playing around with also, I've been adding a little potassium silicate for like a nutrient and potassium bicarbonate as a buffer or ph adjuster but no idea if what I'm doing is ideal.

I wonder what the signs of too much potassium looks like? Anyone experience this?

Edit: I've used 0ppm ro water with k silicate as a buffer and it did work, I did need to adjust the PH.. I'm guessing it eats the buffering silica? and drops to a low phpotassium bicarb does seem to hold its bufferinbg properties a lot longer and predictable than silicate but I have very limited experience in this so it's all just playing around for me right now.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

I also believe absorbability of Silia in solution is directly related to the acidity of solution? If that is true then adding some Phosphorus Acid i.e. GH Ph Down might interact with the Silicate and generate small amounts of Silicic Acid?

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Sounds right to me, I add the silica first then everything else, all I know is to add it first I assume for that reason. You seem to know about the chemical reactions that will occur any idea about potassium bicarbonate and how that would react ect. I seem to be able to add that after without negatively affecting anything, I feel like my nutrient regement is pretty good now but I'd be lying if I said it was perfect and that I fully understand it.

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Sounds right to me, I add the silica first then everything else, all I know is to add it first I assume for that reason. You seem to know about the chemical reactions that will occur any idea about potassium bicarbonate and how that would react ect. I seem to be able to add that after without negatively affecting anything, I feel like my nutrient regement is pretty good now but I'd be lying if I said it was perfect and that I fully understand it.
IF you would share your other additives I would be curious.

I use Bennies assorted, and some enzyme. And I like to add a little coco-wet wetting agent and get a little suds action.
I use what was Final Phase at the end is not Flawless Finish for about 3-5 days in RDWC...

growsince79

growsince79

I use it and it works great. Buds are denser, heavier, and burn better. Use em in a slingshot to break windows and kill squirrels.

Top Bottom