Does Root Rot Pass To Cuttings?

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I just noticed the other night after spraying some 3 in 1 spray. Some white on the stem. I figured it was residue from the safer spray. Last night when I went to take my cuttings. I realized the stalk of the plants had become weakened. After pulling the roots out I see that the plant had a bit of ROOT ROT.

These plants looked very healthy appeared to be growing quickly.

I'm wondering if my clones will be effected... is root rot systemic? Or will it not be passed to the plant without any roots?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If the base of the stem is affected then yes it will pass it onto the clones . I lost a whole line from such an infection.
Some say they had luck with using Caps' Bennies , but didn't work on my problem .

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

If the base of the stem is affected then yes it will pass it onto the clones . I lost a whole line from such an infection.
Some say they had luck with using Caps' Bennies , but didn't work on my problem .

It's root rot that effects the base of the stem that way. At that point it's inside the plant?

I killed the entire garden cleaned the area and took cuttings I was hoping they won't be messsed up.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So far the cuts don't seem to show any signs of stress
I guess I was lucky with mine as it only affected that one strain. It was a Blue Mango. None of my other 20 plants in the garden showed no signs of it.

Top Bottom