Does Stem Rub Tell You The Flower Smell?

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Wanna know if the smell from stem rub give you the smell your flowers are gonna be? Or is stem smell most likely totally different than what your buds will smell like?

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I have had both. Flowers that smell much like the plant in bloom and flowers that smell nothing like the plant live.

Also have had flowers change completely after some time curing.

My answer probably doesnt help much.
Your answer helps a lot because I have no idea yet lol. Now I got an idea of how they compare. Thank you!

Nugg

Nugg

I agree with mimed....I grow King Tut..it smells skunky growing in veg.. flowers smell kinda like idk...b.o.? Lolthrn after cure..flowery hash? Some strand have there own fragrance..like you can smell it and know what it is..train wreck is good example.

the rrock

the rrock

This is a great question,Ive been growing alot of strains over the last 40 years and cant remember ever rubbing a stem for smell.Ive squeezed alot of buds and rub some leaves but rarely smell the stem, I will give it a go and report back. On the question though early plant growth doesnt always replicate the flower smell,if it does, what does it mean? Better potency? Better flavor?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
A little bit yeah, if you rub your fingers just at the node where the leaf petiole joins the stem. But only once it's somewhat mature. You wont get much smell off of young plants.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s not prom night, ffs. Kidding. You do get a hint of the smell later in veg. In flowering you can rub the trics and get a much better sense for how the terps will turn out. But it can change once you dry and cure it. Usually not a lot but some.

3 balls

3 balls

A little bit yeah, if you rub your fingers just at the node where the leaf petiole joins the stem. But only once it's somewhat mature. You wont get much smell off of young plants.
I'm curious what strain you're smoking that has given you the inspiration and energy to post so many replies? I need some!

Top Bottom