Does The Real True Old School Og Kush Exist Anymore?

• Thread starter Purp Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

I am far from being an expert on this topic. But I think you're right, it might be a sign of the times, I don't know? Everything is so diluted and convoluted and polluted it's really hard to tell what the hell! What I can't stand is people calling something and OG when it's only like one third OG Kush. And I've said this before I just don't think you can slap the OG tag on something that isn't at least 50%you know? I'm starting to run on tangents here I can feel it so I'll try to reel it in. But I talk to some friends of mine in the Bay Area and a couple people here on the farm and there's some like-minded people that are basically going back to the drawing board so to speak. Which I think is probably the best thing to do we all love OG Kush, and there is more than enough talented breeders and Seed makers that could probably take some healthy good yielding not so finicky landrace lines and basically recreate the OG.
Swami comes to mind. I haven't had a chance to try any of Med man stuff but I think he's using an afghan Kush 4 some of the strains he's calling Kush. And diesel for that matter. Yeah there I go I'm I'm lost where was I... Sorry :-)
You are correct for once, I really should not have degraded myself by calling you buddy...
im not your pal, buddy!
im not your buddy, guy!
im not your guy, pal! lmao

shaganja

shaganja

I’ve been growing for 20 years. And most the og s1’s you get at stores contain pgr’s there are good knock off’s but the only way to tell if it’s the real deal is by tasting it. The real OG Kush had a flavor and a richness in taste you won’t forget. The expando effect you feel in your lungs when you try to hold a hit is like smoking dabs. And even real OG Kush grown with pgr’s is not the same. That’s why most of you are like I can’t find it anymore. Everyone that I knew grew are starting to not grow it anymore and go with a high yielding commercial og. The quality of OG Kush has dropped because of pgr’s It’s the sad truth
it hs also dropped because cali doesnt have florida sun! the original has thcv from florida sun. this is why you love the buzz. it comes from the thai. thai strains known to contain thcv. when you take these strains, and stop putting them in a uv rich light, they begins to degrade. is reason why og is best. it hasnt been degraded as far as others. i bet, if you take a thcv strain and move to florida, and grow it there, you will have a winner! same reason cookies took off. the thcv from the durban reenvigorated the thcv from the thai. its the magic cannibinoid.

SinCity

SinCity

So, I'm curious your thoughts on Dabe Richard and his tales of OG KUSH.

thanks @shaganja for your recent laughter at my post asking who dabe richard was. gave me a chance to look him up and reply to
@Krypto's question from awhile back...lots of fun! i see from the context that the reference is to dave richards, the kid who got busted growing a bunch of pot in bunkers. we all heard about that back in the day and laughed and laughed at it...only thing was that a dude who had worked hard on legalization got caught up in it.

OG Kush was around way before that. can't speak to anything beyond that.

and regarding the BOEL...well, i'm old friends with hana padilla. and my parents had a house in crystal cove. and i have a big fat fucking belt buckle. rich kids...

Oregonbus

Oregonbus

There are a few tell tale signs of the original og kush. First of all. The quality of the plant is extra high. You can tell everything by the leaf. Og kush has 3 longer finger leaves and the bottom two leaves are small and the midrib is straight across just like any thai strain. The midrib is a lemon lime color compared to most other strains which are white. So its 5 fingers on each leaf. Also the leaves are unusually thick. Evergreen in color (on the top) and lime green undersides. All of the finger leaves are football shape. The 2 defining characteristics (,for me) is the sheen of grease on the topsides of the leaves and the leaf veins are very straight and at a certain perfect angle all the way down the leaf. Like diagonal lines perfect. No branching and short. The buds are obviously high quality full of crystals. The flavor and high is a lemon car wax, grease like a clean lithium grease and lots of gas. Lighter indica high. The lemon willl burn your nose off and absolutely no anxiety. Very high quality all thru out. This was a clone I was given in Flagstaff in 2000. By a guy who was an indoor grower for a while so back in the mid to late 90s that was rare. Im sure there are people who still have the clone, not everyone lives on the internet. As far as anything ive seen in the last 20 years compare to the original og kush. Its a clone I got of member og from ethos. The leaves are thick and have that same coat of grease. I guess they have the 92 kush which im not super familiar with but seems legit. The member og is skunkberryx mandarin sunset x temple kush (sour d x temple flo x 92 kush). The og kush clone I had long ago was I believe. Lemon thai x paki kush (aka secret ingredient) crossed to watever the original dog bud or chemdog is which my guess is nl x shiva skunk x afghani hawaiian. As far as the og kush goes I believe all the original ogs were seeds made from a cross from the 2 guys from Cali. Harold and Putz wen they crossed the secret ingredient to their chemdog. Strains like the TK just for example, show alot of the same OG traits im talking about. Peace.

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

Pretty sure the original og from Humboldt is sometimes called Legend og

It's spaghetti so you gotta stake the shit out of it and it's a 10 weeker

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pretty sure the original og from Humboldt is sometimes called Legend og

It's spaghetti so you gotta stake the shit out of it and it's a 10 weeker

Seems to me that breeders all over around the same time were crossing chem with thai. Bet there were quite a few “originals”.

Mr. Krinkle

Mr. Krinkle

idk - all i remember is somebody got shot over that cut....i think it was in Eureka

Top Bottom