Does this look any good?

• Thread starter CraigB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CraigB

CraigB

Hey all,
It looks like things may be changing soon where I live in Thailand. So I am doing some research on lights so I am ready to go as soon as they tell us we can grow six plants.
Used to grow in the UK back in the early 90's but it looks like we have a lot more lighting options now.
My thinking is this... 8' x 4' tent, scrog 6 plants in around 6' x 4' and have room for standing fan, humidifier and/or dehumidifier. Originally I was looking at 1 spider farmer sf4000 and add another later on, then saw some posts about Kingbrite so had a look around and looks like their alibaba page is no longer there(?) but I did find this.

and I can get 4 of these for less than 1 spider farmer. I was thinking 3500k(correct me if i'm wrong) as I will veg and flower in the same tent. So does it look any good?

cheers Craig

BigCube

BigCube

That looks decent, but for your size of grow, you are going to need a LOT more light than that.

In a 6x4 area you will need a minimum of 35w per sq ft. So:

6x4=24x35=840

You want about 840w of LED light in that space. So like 3 or 4 of those would do. 👍

CraigB

CraigB

Thanks for the reply... i was planning to get 4 of them and have since found another thats a little more expensive but doesnt use epistar diodes. ☺
Now just need the thai government to pull their finger out as i dont want to end up in a thai prison. I guess atleast i get plenty of time for research but im itching to get growing again.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks for the reply... i was planning to get 4 of them and have since found another thats a little more expensive but doesnt use epistar diodes. ☺
Now just need the thai government to pull their finger out as i dont want to end up in a thai prison. I guess atleast i get plenty of time for research but im itching to get growing again.
Have you checked out Kingbrite on Alibaba yet.....Good stuff, and uses Samsung Diodes...Cree of Epistar for far reds (I chose Cree of course..LOL)

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah 4 would be perfect. You could always dim if needed. Hope it works out for you man! Keep us posted!

BigCube

BigCube

Have you checked out Kingbrite on Alibaba yet.....Good stuff, and uses Samsung Diodes...Cree of Epistar for far reds (I chose Cree of course..LOL)

Kingbrite is GONE... 🙁 I'm hoping its temporary, but they are not on alibaba right now.

CraigB

CraigB

I thought they were gone but they popped up in a feed which had the far reds as samsungs...maybe they are updating their manufacturing page...who knows but alibaba seems like its quite a mess

BigCube

BigCube

I cant find kingbrite there if I search them, a bunch of similar stuff comes up, but the seller isnt kingbrite. Let's hope they are just updating. I want more! 🤣

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Kingbrite is GONE... 🙁 I'm hoping its temporary, but they are not on alibaba right now.
Huh?

BigCube

BigCube

Now WTF.. lol. I was searching all night and they weren't there... 🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom