Does this look like rust fungus?

• Thread starter The_Dank_Wizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

I have some brown-rust colored splotches on my plant leaves. Hoping it’s not rust fungus but it seems like it to me.

Does this look like rust fungus
The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

Here’s a close up of one of the lower leaves front and back.

Anthem

Anthem

That is not rust fungas. You are not correctly feeding your plants and they are show some def.
If you can give basic grow information someone can help you.
Some full plant photos to start
Your grow set up
What you are feeding amounts
Soil
Lights
ETC.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
watering too frequently and it needs to be transplanted!

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

watering too frequently and it needs to be transplanted!
I’ll cut back on the watering but these are in a small indoor grow and are auto flowers already in flower so I can’t really transplant them.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

That is not rust fungas. You are not correctly feeding your plants and they are show some def.
If you can give basic grow information someone can help you.
Some full plant photos to start
Your grow set up
What you are feeding amounts
Soil
Lights
ETC.
I have been watering every other day usually. The cycle I’ve been using is one feeding watering then just ph water the next time then a watering using backstrap molasses.
The lights I’m using are 2 feit electric 66watt led grow lights.
They are in straight fox farms ocean forest soil.
I’ve been using genera hydroponics bloom and micro for feeding with some molasses for minerals.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Thats one thirsty plant!!!!!!! sever under watering. watering properly could solve all your problems. Start by putting a cup or half cup in the middle and WAIT for it to absorb before adding more. The water will just run off the sides if just poured on. Keep watering slowly until a bit of water comes out the bottom. Thats how you know that the media is fully saturated.
Also heres the soil growers line up if you want more than guesses;
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Anthem

Anthem

You have some unhappy plants. The first set of pictures told me you need to up the calcium and magnesium.
Is the plant in the HD bucket the happiest? Does water come out of the clay pots when you water? I see the clay tray at the bottom of the pot and I am wondering if this is trapping water. Plants look like they are either over watered or underwatered. And with the lights you are using more than likely over watered. Go pick up one of the clay potted plants and get an idea of the weight. This is about the easiest way to tell if they need to be watered. Cannabis likes their feet to be dry. Meaning if you keep the soil wet the plants will get unhappy.
I would hold off on watering until the pots are really light. It is going to take 10 to 14 days for the plants to fully recover. And I do not recommend the molasses it is just sugar to feed the microbes

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

Ak 48 auto flower
Grown from seed
Plants are 39 days old
They are in 10” terracotta pots
They’ve been flowering for roughly a 1-1.5 weeks
My grow box is about 2x2x4feet
The one in the hd bucket I transplanted just before flower and it does seem to be the happiest but unfortunately I don’t have the room to transplant my other plants.
Growing in fox farms ocean forest.
Ph water to around 6.3 usually
I’m using general hydroponics bloom and micro the ratio is 8ml of bloom and 4 ml micro per gallon of water. I also add roughly 1-2 teaspoons per gallon of molasses.
My guess is that I am overwatering. But will these deficiencies go away if I just let the plant dry out a little.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

You have some unhappy plants. The first set of pictures told me you need to up the calcium and magnesium.
Is the plant in the HD bucket the happiest? Does water come out of the clay pots when you water? I see the clay tray at the bottom of the pot and I am wondering if this is trapping water. Plants look like they are either over watered or underwatered. And with the lights you are using more than likely over watered. Go pick up one of the clay potted plants and get an idea of the weight. This is about the easiest way to tell if they need to be watered. Cannabis likes their feet to be dry. Meaning if you keep the soil wet the plants will get unhappy.
I would hold off on watering until the pots are really light. It is going to take 10 to 14 days for the plants to fully recover. And I do not recommend the molasses it is just sugar to feed the microbes
My guess is that I have been overwatering but could that lead to a deficiency?

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

The plants in the terra-cotta pots are roughly a foot away from the lights and the actual temperature of the leaves is right around 70° and the humidity I try to keep around 45-50%

Anthem

Anthem

Ak 48 auto flower
Grown from seed
Plants are 39 days old
They are in 10” terracotta pots
They’ve been flowering for roughly a 1-1.5 weeks
My grow box is about 2x2x4feet
The one in the hd bucket I transplanted just before flower and it does seem to be the happiest but unfortunately I don’t have the room to transplant my other plants.
Growing in fox farms ocean forest.
Ph water to around 6.3 usually
I’m using general hydroponics bloom and micro the ratio is 8ml of bloom and 4 ml micro per gallon of water. I also add roughly 1-2 teaspoons per gallon of molasses.
My guess is that I am overwatering. But will these deficiencies go away if I just let the plant dry out a little.
You have 2 things going on over watered and I believe a calcium deficiency. As mentioned above do not water them until the soil dries out. It will take some time, the pots are smaller than I assumed. When you do start watering again I would recommend not using the molasses, but if you most no more than 1 teaspoon per gallon. Secondly, I always cut the nutrients in half. If the bottle says 4 mills per gallon start off at 2 mills per gallon. It is much easier to add nutrients than remove them. Additionally I would add 5 mills per gallon of calcium and Magnesium (cal mag0 for a good 3 to 4 weeks and than taper to the finish. It is just a waiting game at this time. 10 to 14 days before they bounce back and look happy. Happy plants pray to the lights.
Lights are not going to be a problem if they are as mentioned 66 watts a piece. Ideally you want around 30 watts per square foot.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

You have 2 things going on over watered and I believe a calcium deficiency. As mentioned above do not water them until the soil dries out. It will take some time, the pots are smaller than I assumed. When you do start watering again I would recommend not using the molasses, but if you most no more than 1 teaspoon per gallon. Secondly, I always cut the nutrients in half. If the bottle says 4 mills per gallon start off at 2 mills per gallon. It is much easier to add nutrients than remove them. Additionally I would add 5 mills per gallon of calcium and Magnesium (cal mag0 for a good 3 to 4 weeks and than taper to the finish. It is just a waiting game at this time. 10 to 14 days before they bounce back and look happy. Happy plants pray to the lights.
Lights are not going to be a problem if they are as mentioned 66 watts a piece. Ideally you want around 30 watts per square foot.
Alright I’ll let them dry out a bit. I am going to try topdressing some more ff ocean forest instead of feed from here on unless more deficiency’s appear. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom