Does this "mix" look right for organic soil ?

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

Just finishing up my second grow in ffhf soil with liquid nutes. Went pretty well, with a few rookie hiccups for sure. Got lots of potent bud off a white widow and a Acopulco gold. Gonna try organic this time and am looking for comments/suggestions on the soil make up. There's a new store in town called HTG Supply and the guy set me up with the following- Starting with ffhf since I have a couple bags I need to use. He had Lush which I'll use in the future if this all works out. 5 gal. Fabric pots with ffhf and 1 handful (yeah, not to scientific) of happy frog all purpose fertilizer with active soil microbes (6-4-5). Plus 3 handfuls of Coast of Maine "Quoddy Blend organic Lobster Compost". Then he says- after 4 weeks veg, add 1 handful hf all purpose fert. And 1 handful of the Lobster compost. Then- day of flip to flower, add 1 handful of hf fruit and flower fert with active microbes, 4-9-3. Repeat after 30 days in flower. So that's it. Suggestions, criticisms, words of wisdom ?!!!!🤔🤔

Panhead59

Panhead59

I've mixed this up and watered, put in tent under lights while AG finishes. Will keep moist till seedlings get bigger. Probably will go to 1 gal. Pots, then 5 gal. Fabric. Sound like a successful plan ?

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I am also making an attempt to grow pure organic and the guy here I am learning from is cool, knows his shit to so far lol. check out his thread it may help you.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Yeah and still when I need his input he shows lol. Glad I found this forum the others I was trying to get help at sorry to say were a joke. I aske one time for help here and no bull got it right away, and I was going to give up glad I didn't.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Just finishing up my second grow in ffhf soil with liquid nutes. Went pretty well, with a few rookie hiccups for sure. Got lots of potent bud off a white widow and a Acopulco gold. Gonna try organic this time and am looking for comments/suggestions on the soil make up. There's a new store in town called HTG Supply and the guy set me up with the following- Starting with ffhf since I have a couple bags I need to use. He had Lush which I'll use in the future if this all works out. 5 gal. Fabric pots with ffhf and 1 handful (yeah, not to scientific) of happy frog all purpose fertilizer with active soil microbes (6-4-5). Plus 3 handfuls of Coast of Maine "Quoddy Blend organic Lobster Compost". Then he says- after 4 weeks veg, add 1 handful hf all purpose fert. And 1 handful of the Lobster compost. Then- day of flip to flower, add 1 handful of hf fruit and flower fert with active microbes, 4-9-3. Repeat after 30 days in flower. So that's it. Suggestions, criticisms, words of wisdom ?!!!!🤔🤔
I’ve heard awesome things about Lush, never used myself though because I use a local SS. As far as your top dress feed schedule, it’s very similar to most of them out there. This is the one I use, but yours looks totally fine.
631CB772 F9FA 4368 94B5 2565670F5A74

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Sorry, Been busy.
What's up @Panhead59 ! Hows the wife? Did you shoot that Doctor yet?

When you mix, you can just do them all at once. You don't have to wait.
The FFOF is fine for now, because you are adding what it needs. Switch when you can.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Hey @ComfortablyNumb how's it goin'? Hope all went well with the move or at the very least, the preparations. Huge job for sure ! Say Aloha to your better half for us.😎😊😉. Finally cut down the Acopulco Gold yesterday. I let her go 11 wks at least, in flower, and many would've waited longer I'm sure. Those sativa dominate plants sure do take their sweet =/_ time getting ripe !!!! Anyway, Judys' dr. Is still alive, I haven't caught up with him yet- 😎😉😂. Next up is a Strawberry Kush CBD for meds, probably will go into storage. One ? Bro, soil "mixture" will have sat mixed and wet/damp for 30 days or so before transplanting so should I add anything? If so, when and how much ? Tks. Here's the AG I just cut.

20220117 092717
20220117 092802
20220117 092741
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, Sativa's seem to take longer to get fully ripe.

We are not moved yet. We still have at least a month to go. Early March is the soonest we can leave here. So, we are getting rid of everything. Especially since the house we were looking at getting just got sold out from under us. It is crazy busy though just trying to get everything ready. I try and take an hour or so a day to get in here and relax, but its hard when there is no regular schedule running.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom