Does VPD matter at night?

• Thread starter PulsePeet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
Hey everyone,

I've been working on an update to my VPD guide for a while to answer a question I often get:
"Does VPD matter at night?"

To sum it up:
Although VPD at night isn't nearly as important as your day VPD,
it's still an important factor to consider for vigorous plant growth and increased yields

If you're pressed for time or just don't like reading a lot, here's a handy infographic with a bunch of tips:

Does vpd matter at night

Learn about ideal nighttime VPD, how much optimal VPD can increase yields, and more on the blog I wrote

Also if you have any questions or feedback on the blog, lmk. I'm sure there are typos in there lol

freezeland2

freezeland2

I believe that target daytime vpd range of .8 - 1.2 to be late vegetative / early flowering stage. I run 1.2 to 1.6 during mid to late flower. For seedlings through early veg I run . .4 - .8

I do maintain those recommended nighttime vpd during the dark period.

PulsePeet

PulsePeet

Supporter
T
I believe that target daytime vpd range of .8 - 1.2 to be late vegetative / early flowering stage. I run 1.2 to 1.6 during mid to late flower. For seedlings through early veg I run . .4 - .8

I do maintain those recommended nighttime vpd during the dark period.
Those are pretty good values to run, 1.2 is more ideal in flower, but you always have the worries of mold as you get later into it so it makes sense to drop your RH which raises VPD

GeneralRedEye

GeneralRedEye

that’s very interesting. Everything I’ve seen chart wise increases the VPD. Do you think running lower temp but in the ideal VPD 1.2 is better than running warmer but higher VPD using Co2 enrichment with both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom