Does your uc ph drop a lot and often ? Do you know why?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Checked the ph today it actually went up to 6.5. I added 10 gallons of water and ph down now its 6.1 ph 580 ppm No sign of any root issues either. Gonna raise the ppm's on the 26th to 650-700 if they look happy still. So far no huge drift.

Quantum9

Quantum9

If things are going well then thats great, dont change a thing... But if your still having issues do a search for zimes in the UC, they are known to be problematic.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have had customers complain about AN pH perfect in Hydro systems. pH drift is the big complaint with it. I don't have many people using it but I have had some change back to their old nutrient. I think AN has some excellent products and they use the best minerals and elements money can buy. I just never got into AN base nutrients.

I don't use bennies in the UC as I have seen far to many issues. I do use H2O2 all the time and have found it to work very well and also it has saved a couple crops that got slime, I went with a 6% to kill the slime. AN does not recommend you use H2O2 with their products. I think it is simply because they have a number of bennie products that H2O2 will kill so it's easier to say just don't do it.

It's a long shot but maybe you have a bad bottle of nutrients?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I was told by AN tech support to NEVER use H202 or any other additive with AN pH perfect, what a shocker!

The "chemical" that AN uses that is made by a 3rd party chemical company that is what they add to keep the ph "perfect" does NOT play nice with other compounds and chemicals like H202 due to the chemical reactions and other chemical bonds that will be mad due to interaction with other products if you use them.

NOBODY knows what the PH perfect chemical is that they add, or who makes this "chemical" for them and AN is not telling.....gee I hope it is not a toxin or causes a 3rd arm or head to grow from the body......

I did read that the reason the PH Perfect line was so late hitting the shelves is because the first company they contracted to make the magic ph chemical they add backed out at the last minute and decided they did not want to do business with AN for whatever reason.....I can not find the article and it was also in a video done by Big Mike......that is where I saw it first....

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Well after cutting back on the zone it stabilized the ph. But cutting back brought the root rot back. We are discontinuing this particular system after this run. I designed it wrong all the current culture ones we have are doing great. We knew we took a risk using a prototype. The problems are as follows. With the design its impossible to properly clean in between runs unless you replace all the pipes every time. Also when I designed it I did it in 2 4 plant square sections instead of 2 rows of 4. Meaning I think the circulation is being affected. We plan on changing it to 13 gallon containers and remaking the system. All of the current culture systems that I cut back and stopped using the zone are doing great only one system is still being a dick now. Only 4 weeks left in it and I can trash it. Its been a money pit for a while.

I use more now before I was using 5-7 mils per gal now its like 10-12.
I have noticed a change using the ph perfect not horrible but it isn't impressing me either . I just think they went to far I can do my own ph I am not and idiot. Besides what if I want it over or under there 6.0 I still have to add ph up or down so whats the point... If you Should be called AN for idiots. They should carry both not just stop making the old one.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

If your nutes are at 500ppm and two days later there at 350ppm you need to up your ppm! It works like this, change res set ppm at say 600ppm ph 5.9 run for 24hrs, now if you ppm rise and ph drops nutes are too strong. If ppm drop and ph rises, nutes are too weak. But if your ppm and ph are basically stable then you have found the right mix for your plants.

What if your ppm is steady but your ph is dropping but the roots are looking ok

DapperDon

DapperDon

What if your ppm is steady but your ph is dropping but the roots are looking ok
The way the roots look have no bearing on the subject. Watch your numbers not your roots. If you were growing in soil or cocoa you wouldn't be seeing them anyway.

C

cubano420

So I run 6 uc's some home made and some current culture. I run co2 natural gas burners in some rooms and none in other I have sealed rooms and open. All my rooms have ph problems at some time during there life cycle sometimes in veg and in flower. I still have yet to nail down the exact reason and was hoping someone else's experience could help me. I run low ppm's never going over 900 usually veg 400-600 flower 600-850 running all an ph perfect,zone and cal mag. veg adding big bud and overdrive in flower.
I have a few that have stayed perfect all the way through but its not consistent and I am doing the same things.
I will give a scenario I a 11k 8 site 35 gallon uc that when full is over 250 gallons. I made the water for veg 500 ppm using no ph down it was 6.3 left it alone . 2 days later it was 5.4 and dropping. This room has a 16 site natural gas burner and the room is sealed. Lately the burner has been having trouble starting and sometimes I smell gas. I was wondering if that could build up in there and cause problems. The ph was always dropping. So we unsealed the room added a 10 inch exhaust fan..Also moved the air pumps out of the room too. It seems to have stabilized but not sure if its from what i did.I have the same problem in another room the veg it still doing the same and there is no co2 in that room. I always thought it was from hi ec/ppms but I find that not to be the situation in my case.
I
So I run 6 uc's some home made and some current culture. I run co2 natural gas burners in some rooms and none in other I have sealed rooms and open. All my rooms have ph problems at some time during there life cycle sometimes in veg and in flower. I still have yet to nail down the exact reason and was hoping someone else's experience could help me. I run low ppm's never going over 900 usually veg 400-600 flower 600-850 running all an ph perfect,zone and cal mag. veg adding big bud and overdrive in flower.
I have a few that have stayed perfect all the way through but its not consistent and I am doing the same things.
I will give a scenario I a 11k 8 site 35 gallon uc that when full is over 250 gallons. I made the water for veg 500 ppm using no ph down it was 6.3 left it alone . 2 days later it was 5.4 and dropping. This room has a 16 site natural gas burner and the room is sealed. Lately the burner has been having trouble starting and sometimes I smell gas. I was wondering if that could build up in there and cause problems. The ph was always dropping. So we unsealed the room added a 10 inch exhaust fan..Also moved the air pumps out of the room too. It seems to have stabilized but not sure if its from what i did.I have the same problem in another room the veg it still doing the same and there is no co2 in that room. I always thought it was from hi ec/ppms but I find that not to be the situation in my case.
I have
I been having the same problem after 4 days the ph drops

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

I

I have

I been having the same problem after 4 days the ph drops
Your roots are unhealthy right now n its not adaquate to absorbs enough nutrients which is making the water acidic, this sometime causes your ph to drop, judging from your system n environment, just my personal xperience. Im assuming your roots are either light to dark brown n can easily pick off. My advice to you is try to keep the nutrients at low to medium strength n change the water every 3-4 days. Add H2o2 with every water change. Just try the best u can with this run. Sterile everything on your next run n keep your water temp below 70, preferably stay at 65. Good luck, pythium is no joke

med man

med man

Breeder
if you run co2, find a fresh air source for your air pump.

the increase in the air will effect your water negatively.

i would also recommend using a regular base nute, not the ph perfect. this will allow you to adjust ph and have total control over your ph

adding 35% h202 @ 1.6 ml / liter every 2-3 days will also be a game changer for ya

med-man

D

Duder

Yes and I am aware of that. My point still stands.
In RDWC? Yeeeah, Not so much.

9 times out 10 when I notice rapid drops in PH you are having problems with your roots or possibly some rot in your pots. So checking your roots is good. If yours look fine its possible you have some rot in your net pots. Your rez will have a different smell to it. Almost like celery. Get your water temps down and add some bennies.
I don’t know what kind of air pumps you are using but the pumps I use have a spot where in coming air has a barbed fitting for a hose. I run a line from there directly in front of my AC. it has helped keep my pumps cool which in turn keeps my water temps down.

DapperDon

DapperDon

In RDWC? Yeeeah, Not so much.

9 times out 10 when I notice rapid drops in PH you are having problems with your roots or possibly some rot in your pots. So checking your roots is good. If yours look fine its possible you have some rot in your net pots. Your rez will have a different smell to it. Almost like celery. Get your water temps down and add some bennies.
I don’t know what kind of air pumps you are using but the pumps I use have a spot where in coming air has a barbed fitting for a hose. I run a line from there directly in front of my AC. it has helped keep my pumps cool which in turn keeps my water temps down.

You are purely guessing and your comment stands testament to that. I do not run bennies as RDWC is not designed to do so. But please tell us more on how this hose parked in front of your AC manages to go through a tube to cool your pumps. I would be very interested in seeing this science fiction.

D

Duder

guessing? No, this is from experience. Its true that bennies do not survive very long in RDWC but they have helped with the onset of rot, which if nutes are rulled out as the culprit of declining PH, its more often than not something rotting in your system. If your using petsmart air pumps I can see why you don’t understand what I am talking about. The larger air pumps get pretty hot and have a barbed fitting where they bring in air. Running cold air through it pushes cold air into your nutrient solution and it definitely helps with bringing water temps down. I know you southerers get taught the bible( a classic "science fiction" novel btw) in your high school science classes but this is a pretty simple concept to grasp.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Perhaps you shouldn't smoke before hitting the forums. Check out my post history if you want to learn something and then get back to me before you start your bullshit flame game. Otherwise you sound like every other ignorant jackoff that just joined a weed forum.

Top Bottom