Doing it cheapy cheap cheap!

• Thread starter cleanreid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cleanreid

cleanreid

30$ led bulb with uv lizard light just to make sure they atleast have some correct light. I know this is all wonky first indoor grow as an adult mine got haulted when I was 16 because I got arrested(for weed) I’m 33 now so I’m giving it another shot. In a legal state also in the desert. Caffeine right Wedding Cake Gelato left. Both clone guy clones

Doing it cheapy cheap cheap
Doing it cheapy cheap cheap 2
Doing it cheapy cheap cheap 3
Bilber

Bilber

Good evening @cleanreid....looks good so far........

You said Caffeine........gotta look into that one.....sounds super Sativa dominate......

Pictures are awesome....and helpful.....thank you for sharing......

If you run into any issue, or concerns with your plant or anything related to your grow area, there's another helpful and very useful form to fill out that will help others, help you........

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

Hope this helps......I'm watching.....

cleanreid

cleanreid

You said Caffeine........gotta look into that one.....sounds super Sativa dominate......

If you run into any issue, or concerns with your plant or anything related to your grow area, there's another helpful and very useful form to fill out that will help others, help you........

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

I will in fact type it up tomorrow. extremely basic I need to do this list for sure I did mix my own soil

cleanreid

cleanreid

Caffeine clone guy clone planted in pot 5/7/23
Wedding cake gelato33 planted 5/10/23
The clones were planted in palm citrus cactus dirt 1 quart pot.

5/27/23 plants were put in 4 gallon pots with potting mix I made.
Potting mix ingredients: Kellogg’s garden soil organic, stay green perlite, and stay green earthworm castings.
Castings and perlite are both 1 part to 4 parts dirt and a handful of extra castings in each pot. Aswell as an extra handful of perlite in the potting mix before potting.

Potting mix is not perfect I didn’t have all funds and won’t have all funds available to dedicate to this grow unless something big pops off soon.

I’m using a 300 watt led light with a homemade light cone.
Also using a uvb light for reptiles as I don’t have anything else at the moment and seems to be working for veg stage I definitely plan on getting a light for flowering. Lights are kept about 18” from the top of plants.

Grow space is a cardboard box with aluminum foil it’s bright as shit in there possibley to bright. I don’t have any light testers either.

Light, plant, box, humidifier, and fan

I know I need stuff and I love input so let me have it

cleanreid

cleanreid

30$ led bulb with uv lizard light just to make sure they atleast have some correct light. I know this is all wonky first indoor grow as an adult mine got haulted when I was 16 because I got arrested(for weed) I’m 33 now so I’m giving it another shot. In a legal state also in the desert. Caffeine right Wedding Cake Gelato left. Both clone guy clones
Caffeine clone guy clone planted in pot 5/7/23
Wedding cake gelato33 planted 5/10/23
The clones were planted in palm citrus cactus dirt 1 quart pot.

5/27/23 plants were put in 4 gallon pots with potting mix I made.
Potting mix ingredients: Kellogg’s garden soil organic, stay green perlite, and stay green earthworm castings.
Castings and perlite are both 1 part to 4 parts dirt and a handful of extra castings in each pot. Aswell as an extra handful of perlite in the potting mix before potting.

Potting mix is not perfect I didn’t have all funds and won’t have all funds available to dedicate to this grow unless something big pops off soon.

I’m using a 300 watt led light with a homemade light cone.
Also using a uvb light for reptiles as I don’t have anything else at the moment and seems to be working for veg stage I definitely plan on getting a light for flowering. Lights are kept about 18” from the top of plants.

Grow space is a cardboard box with aluminum foil it’s bright as shit in there possibley to bright. I don’t have any light testers either.

Light, plant, box, humidifier, and fan

Bilber

Bilber

It sounds good so far....I went from Walmart screw in grow leds, which was good for a start......

then the friend that encouraged me to grow loaned me his 2 ft. x 2 ft. 4 build t8 setup.....that totally boosted productivity....

This was another quick veg tent that I needed for clones.....

20230529 222759

I'm always trying to upgrade, but as everyone knows, it takes time.....ha.....well.....not everyone.....it takes time for me......

We grow on a budget........we learn and have fun doing it.....

I'm still learning about super soils and additives......

Nice setup.......the plants seem to love it......

Not telling you to nor that you need it, but maybe a piece of plastic to cover the carpet......loss of humidity, spills/stains etc.......

Thank you for sharing your setup......

Definitely looking forward to a smoke report on the Caff......

cleanreid

cleanreid

Once they go to flower can you stick 'em outside? Taste is oh so much better and no electric bill.
I have solar panels on the place I rent and I live in the desert sand to snow national mountains. It’s real windy here and also summer can be 120 degrees I also had my caffeine outdoors today for 10 minutes every leaf on it drooped I thaught I killed it. I ran inside misted it down 5 mkinutes later right back to chilling under the lights all leaves rose back up no damage to any leaves. Someone allready said sativa will be picky and this one’s allready bossing me around lol

cleanreid

cleanreid

It sounds good so far....I went from Walmart screw in grow leds, which was good for a start......

then the friend that encouraged me to grow loaned me his 2 ft. x 2 ft. 4 build t8 setup.....that totally boosted productivity....

View attachment 1987433

I'm always trying to upgrade, but as everyone knows, it takes time.....ha.....well.....not everyone.....it takes time for me......

Not telling you to nor that you need it, but maybe a piece of plastic to cover the carpet......loss of humidity, spills/stains etc.......

Cool stuff looking to do the same as you

cleanreid

cleanreid

View attachment 1987433

Oh yeah I think I’m going to get a bigas cheap grow tent like room size idk yeah carpet problem for sure my moms letting me run the humidifier in there like crazy so it definitely is like a little jungle in there

cleanreid

cleanreid

Update on Wedding cake gelato33 taking off on the caffeine plant as expected. People came to look at the house today and I had to take them outside for 2 hrs Misting to keep them cool it’s way too hot here in the desert. For them to be outside at all can’t wait to be done with this and settle in new home.

B80B5212 481E 4E9E 983B 8E6D0C2B534D
66EC841B B5AA 4099 A98B 2F12520D862A
04A81EF5 1816 4524 B217 935834322EA7
B95D21BC 49D8 48E4 83C5 BBF3829CB9EB
DADECF6E E372 4927 9548 8B10942B82D8
2E322B72 4B14 40B3 9E20 53616465EF7A
67CCE81F 5167 4360 A53B 09D2AD92A15E
8A806D88 A585 4003 8F0C F1585CB5D956
B

BudgetGrower

Does the 300 watt led light pull 300w from the wall?
I use 100w leds bulbs but they only pull 13w from the wall, 12 bulbs cost me £16 and thew bulb holder cost me less than £1 each.
So using some old wire/timber I can build a flower light, 60cm (D) x 80cm (L) for about £30, just enough light for 2 plants

cleanreid

cleanreid

Does the 300 watt led light pull 300w from the wall?
I use 100w leds bulbs but they only pull 13w from the wall, 12 bulbs cost me £16 and thew bulb holder cost me less than £1 each.
So using some old wire/timber I can build a flower light, 60cm (D) x 80cm (L) for about £30, just enough light for 2 plants
Pulls 30 cooldeal

B

BudgetGrower

That’s great idea I’m thinking about how to rig like 60 small led bulbs together on a frame some how
You don't need 60 bulbs, when I build my leds, first i think about the space I want to cover, a basic rule of thumb, you need 30-40w ft2(flower)
I would use 100w(13w bulbs) so if my room is 2ft x 2ft thats 4ft2 and I need 120-160w (10 -12 bulbs) spread the bulbs out, so the spacing is even.
You could use 16 bulbs(4 lines of 4 bulbs) in a 2ft x 2ft but any more is a total waste of electric, even 16 bulbs is 52w ft2

More bulbs more heat, so you want to take that into consideration.

cleanreid

cleanreid

You don't need 60 bulbs, when I build my leds, first i think about the space I want to cover, a basic rule of thumb, you need 30-40w ft2(flower)
I would use 100w(13w bulbs) so if my room is 2ft x 2ft thats 4ft2 and I need 120-160w (10 -12 bulbs) spread the bulbs out, so the spacing is even.
You could use 16 bulbs(4 lines of 4 bulbs) in a 2ft x 2ft but any more is a total waste of electric, even 16 bulbs is 52w ft2

Right that would be something to see huh

cleanreid

cleanreid

I need more bulb holders lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom