Doktor Doom? Anyone tried?

• Thread starter radical farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Good Science

Doktor Doom knock out spray works to extent. It kills on contact and will help make a severe infestation go down to minimal very quickly. Problem is does nothing for eggs and additionally the stuff can kill a plant in it tracks. Very harsh stuff. Also it says it can be used within one day of harvest, but at the same time on the back of the can it states pretty much in a nut shell flush/wash for 15-20minutes or call poision control if this stuff gets anywhere in contact on you. Also no where on the can does it say "non-toxic." Big red letters on the Back state precautionary hazard to humans and animals.

I just recently tried there fogger, and instead of using their spray again i tried this other product called NO spider mites.Non-Toxic, safe for animals and humans, and kills on contact. Ive only soaked my plants one good time and then fogged a few days, later and its already looking promising. None of my leafs burned off after treatment, no plants were lost unlike with the DD spray.Litte pricey as a 1 pint ready to use spray bottle was $25 and i pretty much used it all. From my experience i wouldnt touch the DD spidermite knock out spray with a 10 ft pole.
Doktor Doom knock out spray works to extent. It kills on contact and will help make a severe infestation go down to minimal very quickly. Problem is does nothing for eggs and additionally the stuff can kill a plant in it tracks. Very harsh stuff. Also it says it can be used within one day of harvest, but at the same time on the back of the can it states pretty much in a nut shell flush/wash for 15-20minutes or call poision control if this stuff gets anywhere in contact on you. Also no where on the can does it say "non-toxic." Big red letters on the Back state precautionary hazard to humans and animals.

I just recently tried there fogger, and instead of using their spray again i tried this other product called NO spider mites.Non-Toxic, safe for animals and humans, and kills on contact. Ive only soaked my plants one good time and then fogged a few days, later and its already looking promising. None of my leafs burned off after treatment, no plants were lost unlike with the DD spray.Litte pricey as a 1 pint ready to use spray bottle was $25 and i pretty much used it all. From my experience i wouldnt touch the DD spidermite knock out spray with a 10 ft pole.

Pyrethrin is approved for organic gardening and is the active ingredient in doctor doom, it is also approved for food crop usage up to the day of harvest so precautionary statements are in place to make sure you do not spray it in your mouth or face I would think.

What is in No Spider Mites? No list of ingredients and who says it is Non-Toxic-the label only where is the proof!

Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knockout Spray is the strongest Pyrethrin based plant spray on the market and if used as per the label instructions offers excellent results. Use this product from a minimum 4-5 feet away from the plant with short 1-2 second bursts of spray-a light mist is all rhat is required to kill the mites and you do not want to soak the foliage as it will cause leave burn. I love it when people blame a product when it does not give them great results when 99% of the time they did not use it right as per the instructions. I have use spider mite knockout on clones and never get leave burn and gotten great results because I read the label. Seems all EPA Registered insect control products have precautionary statements about hazards to humans and pets it is just the unregistered products that do not they also do not have any proof that they work.

G

Good Science

Has anyone ever tried Avid?Just wondering how that stuff works?

Avid use to work for the entire life cycle of the plant now your lucky if it works for a week-pure poison and the mites have grown resistant to it.

Stick to pyrethrin-it always works you just need to be thorough and have patience.

G

Good Science

Ive got a problem seems like so does everyone else, Ive tried everything from neem to liquid laybug and a few other proucts. The thing that gave me the best results was the hot shot. But after a while the mites get used to it and it has 0 affect anymore, I guess they developed some kind of resisdence to them, ive replaced them many times an even put 4 brand new ones in a 10x12 room divided into 2 rooms sealed off. im at a loss now, what is my best bet, I do keep them down from getting to bad with constant heavy air flow an lots of neem and recently i tried 0 mites wich worked a little better but for 30.00 a bottle ill just stick with the neem. Can someone give me an idea how to get rid of these permently. Im so sick off going in my room an finding spots on a leaf or 3. I despize those little bastards

This is a good start and make sure you have clean clones going in.

Doktor Doom rocks as long as you use the Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knockout Plant Spray first. Foggers are released into the air and go up to the ceiling and fall on the plant canopy-so they only treat the top of the leaves-so when you spray the under side of the plant canopy first the mites run to the top of the plants. If you do not treat the underside of the Plant canopy first no foggers will give you good results especially if you have a bad infestation. This procedure must be done 3 times for 100% effectiveness. The Spider Mite Knockout Plant Spray must be used very carefully- short bursts of spray from 4 to 5 away from the plant so just a light mist actually contacts the underside of the leaves-you do not want to soak the foliage as this will cause leaf burn and the leaves will die and fall off. Once you have carefully applied this product and release a bomb-the treatment works really well-it just takes time to be thorough-and thorough gets great results.

G

Good Science

I seem to have gotten a fairly good population of spider mites going on in my grow room. They have infected my flower tent (5x5, 24 plants) and have began infecting my veg tent, and I found a couple on my clones. A couple of the plants had webs forming on them. I had to kill 1 plant because it was infested so bad, that it wasn't even worth saving. We started our erracation process yesterday when we found them. Sprayed everything with neem oil. Today is when I found that they were also in the veg tent. ripped the entire veg tent and cleaned it, sprayed off all plants in the shower, including clones, and then sprayed them all with neem oil. I am also about 3 1/2 weeks into flower, so I don't want to use anything too harsh.

Okay, so I am looking into Doktor Doom fogger and spider mite knock out spray that they have. Do you guys think that this will take care of the problem? I have been keeping my humidity super high so they don't reproduce fast, but I need something to really get them. I was also maybe thinking if worse comes to worse to get the Hot Shots No pest strips, but that would be a last resort. I'd like to keep it as organic as possible when they are in flower.

You are on the right track-doctor doom works great you jus need to apply it properly-this is what I did

Doktor Doom rocks as long as you use the Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knockout Plant Spray first. Foggers are released into the air and go up to the ceiling and fall on the plant canopy-so they only treat the top of the leaves-so when you spray the under side of the plant canopy first the mites run to the top of the plants. If you do not treat the underside of the Plant canopy first no foggers will give you good results especially if you have a bad infestation. This procedure must be done 3 times for 100% effectiveness. The Spider Mite Knockout Plant Spray must be used very carefully- short bursts of spray from 4 to 5 away from the plant so just a light mist actually contacts the underside of the leaves-you do not want to soak the foliage as this will cause leaf burn and the leaves will die and fall off. Once you have carefully applied this product and release a bomb-the treatment works really well-it just takes time to be thorough-and thorough gets great results.

G

Good Science

I seem to have gotten a fairly good population of spider mites going on in my grow room. They have infected my flower tent (5x5, 24 plants) and have began infecting my veg tent, and I found a couple on my clones. A couple of the plants had webs forming on them. I had to kill 1 plant because it was infested so bad, that it wasn't even worth saving. We started our erracation process yesterday when we found them. Sprayed everything with neem oil. Today is when I found that they were also in the veg tent. ripped the entire veg tent and cleaned it, sprayed off all plants in the shower, including clones, and then sprayed them all with neem oil. I am also about 3 1/2 weeks into flower, so I don't want to use anything too harsh.

Okay, so I am looking into Doktor Doom fogger and spider mite knock out spray that they have. Do you guys think that this will take care of the problem? I have been keeping my humidity super high so they don't reproduce fast, but I need something to really get them. I was also maybe thinking if worse comes to worse to get the Hot Shots No pest strips, but that would be a last resort. I'd like to keep it as organic as possible when they are in flower.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

2 weeks into flower. Is doom okay to use? Do u apply when lights are on or off?

F

fats905

You can use either spray people are recommending. I recommend if you can remove all your plants from your grow rooms or tents. Clean the room with bleach. Bleach everywhere with the clorox spray and wipe it all up. This will clean your whole room of micro organisms and kill any
bugs, eggs, or larva that may be lingering. Then use your spray Dr.Doom for instance and spray the bottom of the plant and under neath all the leaves. Let it sit for 3 min and then spray all the tops. This method scares any lingering bugs you may have missed with direct contact to the top of the fan leaves where you can get them all. I wait another 15 minutes and give it a third spray for good measure and return to your tent. Also if you are growing soil you can top dress with sand to prevent thrips and other things like fungal gnats from getting into your soil. It also works the other way around and stops larva from coming to the surface. If you think you have any larva in your medium put a wedge of potato down and anything will come up to feed. Water your top layer with hydrogen peroxide. Get the 35% h2O2 from the grow store. It will not hurt your roots. The only thing if you use cultures be sure to reenocculate your substrate a few days after you hit it with H202. Always change your clothes before entering your room. Do not even touch dry buds before entering. Pot you bought off a friend and grinded up in your finger can contain TMV and other stuff that can infect your grow. Use a hepa filter in your tent, and if you have an air intake use a mushroom style cap filter to filter out contaminants. If you do all this you will never have a problem again. ps. NEVER TRADE CLONES WITH FRIENDS!!!

Blaze

Blaze

FYI pyrethroids are not very effective against spider mites and can actually stimulate their reproduction cycle making infestations even worse. Take a look at some of the UC Davis IPM guidelines if you do not believe me. They are one of the worst insecticides that can be used for mites; do not believe everything the fools at the hydro stores tell you. Pyrethrin foggers can work great for certain pests - just not mites.

F

fats905

The product has a small amount in it but its the extract from the crysanthamum flower that kills the spider mites. For someone who seems to know so much you don't seem to even know whats in the product. Pyrethrin is lethal but spider mites can build up immunity I have used this product in the exact same way explained and it killed 100% of the mites. The trick is applying it properly.

G gnome

G gnome

ya dr dooms a waste of money. used it a few times and didnt do a damn thing with a large problem. I have been using azamax, its a little expensive but if you have a big problem and if your plants are flowering,.. azamax is the way to go
Agreed. Dr.doom is garbage and it fucks ur plants up.
Azamax ftw!

F

fats905

Dr. Doom is not garbage, but It will kill your plants if you hold in point blank and tottaly spray the hell out of them. It will burn your leaves but if you follow directions and hold it 30-40cm away it works really good. Azamax is better, mighty wash is even better than that.

Goatbudsusa

Goatbudsusa

Ive got a problem seems like so does everyone else, Ive tried everything from neem to liquid laybug and a few other proucts. The thing that gave me the best results was the hot shot. But after a while the mites get used to it and it has 0 affect anymore, I guess they developed some kind of resisdence to them, ive replaced them many times an even put 4 brand new ones in a 10x12 room divided into 2 rooms sealed off. im at a loss now, what is my best bet, I do keep them down from getting to bad with constant heavy air flow an lots of neem and recently i tried 0 mites wich worked a little better but for 30.00 a bottle ill just stick with the neem. Can someone give me an idea how to get rid of these permently. Im so sick off going in my room an finding spots on a leaf or 3. I despize those little bastards

I hate them so damn much man, I just walked in my room today and found an infestation on one side. 10x10 grow.. I am trying a Doktor doom foger and than following with a azamax foliar spray down, will let you know what happens.

cottageman

cottageman

I just fought back and have won a battle against spider mites on my flowering room of 200 plus plants. I sprayed every 2-3 days for 7-10 days. I used plant therapy first to kill anny adults and eggs it came in contact with. Then alternated with purecrop1 and repeated that for 7-10 days and then introduced beneficial mites for a complete kill and it’s completely organic and safe for the plants!

Top Bottom