Dolomite lime help

• Thread starter FromGROtoFLO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FromGROtoFLO

Been reading through forum after forum on the proper use of dolomite lime. Some say it breaks down to slowly to benefit from, some say it shouldnt be used and others say its legit.

Has anyone used it with positive results and in what for/dilution rate did you use?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
its mainly used for PH increase in soil ........I have added it to a nute reg. when plant got cal. def I added 1/4 tsp per gallon mixed it up in tiny amount of water real good it isnt very water soluble and it fixed the cal. problem what were you going to use it for ?

F

FromGROtoFLO

I am looking to substitute it for calmag in my soilless mix. I have put off buying calmag and now my rooms show defiency and lockouts, I think because of the lack calmag.

The increase in ph is a concern because im trying to keep my res at 5.8-6

Which is needed more in flower? Cal or Mag?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
both equaly check out epsom salts its cal. and mag most people think its only mag.

not as much ph problem

jammie

jammie

dolomite lime is a slow to medium release product. when i grew in soil i added 1 tbl per gal of soil/mix., then mix occasionally for a couple of weeks before planting. if ya already have a deficiency then dolomite IS NOT for you. try a cal/mag w/iron foliar spray everyother day for a week to correct deficiencies or lockout

waayne

waayne

Here's the label from my bag of Dolomite lime :pimp:
20% calcium
10% magnesium
I add this to all my soil mix, but primarily to adjust the PH
IMG_4482.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG

If you have deficiencies it's best to use a Cal/Mag supplement......

S

SSHZ

I also grow in soiless soil (pro mix). I add 4 cups of dolomitic lime per 3.8 cu. ft bale. It breaks down very slowly but it helps keep soil pH up (fertilizer is acidic and slowly drives pH down so they offset somewhat). It's important to add for the long term, not short term. You will often develop problems after about 1 month into flowering without it.

I use r.o. water and add 10 ml per gallon cal/mag always too. Pot uses alot of both in the grow process and needs additional supplements since most fertilizers don't put enough in.

Whoever has said not to use it does not have a clue what they are talking about........

F

FromGROtoFLO

Right on guys I appreciate all the help - fact of the matter is a was just being a tight ass about buying calmag.... Guess ill sack up.

Thanks

Danoid

Danoid

What I do is 1 tsp powdered dolomite 1tbs prilled/granular dolomite per gallon of mix. I also use RO and I don't have to add calmag until about halfway thru flower. I never add calmag last two weeks of flower. With me alot of it is strain dependent also. I am going to try powdered gypsum next. This is what works for me your results may vary. Good Luck

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

ok so if your growing in soil then do you add it before you plant in it and how much

S

SSHZ

Who do you think it is? I thought it was rather obvious but I'm old..... and your not.

Danoid

Danoid

I mix mine in when I am mixing my soil up(have a cement mixer). You should really mix it good as it can sometimes cause burned leaves if it is concentrated in one spot. I have also had some luck with top dressing with 1tsp dusting on top then watering. I was doing this due to a ph issue so the earlier done the better. Good luck hope tis helps

Top Bottom