Dolomite lime question

• Thread starter Setiboy30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Setiboy30

If my soil is 6.1 out the bag do I need dolomite lime? And if so how much per cubic foot?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ideal range is 6 to 7 on ph,middle is 6.5 ,that is what i shoot for,so 6.1 i wouldnt mess with it,your nuterients will adjust to swing,but if you add lime ,it really depends on how much soil your talking about by volume

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thing also is if you put to much then your at a neutral 7.0 ph getting it down to middle range of 6.5 is gonna be a chore indeed,so i would stay at the 6.1 and instead use all my feeds going in the pot at 6.5 with the proper ppm for stage of growth

S

Setiboy30

ideal range is 6 to 7 on ph,middle is 6.5 ,that is what i shoot for,so 6.1 i wouldnt mess with it,your nuterients will adjust to swing,but if you add lime ,it really depends on how much soil your talking about by volume
I took a 3 tbsp of soil and put about a 1/2 in of water over it to make a liquidy mix and test that and it was 6.5 I mean it's a 2 cubic ft bag of Happy Frog

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I took a 3 tbsp of soil and put about a 1/2 in of water over it to make a liquidy mix and test that and it was 6.5 I mean it's a 2 cubic ft bag of Happy Frog
1:2 mate,do 1 part soil 2 parts soil,then shake or stir,with ro or distilled water,let sit for 30 min ,then put your ph meter in the liquid,floating stuff on top,silt in bottm,you want the liquid in middle,then you will know for sure.
every bag of ocean forest and frog ive done and i check them all has been right on 6.5 and the npk test on the ocean is always really high in N happy frog comes out ideal each time

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

1:2 mate,do 1 part soil 2 parts soil,then shake or stir,with ro or distilled water,let sit for 30 min ,then put your ph meter in the liquid,floating stuff on top,silt in bottm,you want the liquid in middle,then you will know for sure.
every bag of ocean forest and frog ive done and i check them all has been right on 6.5 and the npk test on the ocean is always really high in N happy frog comes out ideal each time
Mine too (except for one hokey bag I got once) I'm curious why he thinks it's 6.1??

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Mine too (except for one hokey bag I got once) I'm curious why he thinks it's 6.1??
only time i got a bad bag it was for free,the garden center i use a lot had a busted bag and it was wet as shit,i took it ,it was free ph was still 6.5 but npk testing was over the top being wet as it was,got 3 bag of mushroom compost same day same way that was also over the top

Latest posts

Top Bottom