Dolomite lime?

• Thread starter Drdre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Just wondering about dolomite lime I heard it was a ph buffer can anyone give anymore info on it. Does it raise ph it? Lower it? maybe someone could tell me if it's necessary in my situation for my outdoor grow, I'm watering with well water. The well is 150 feet deep it comes out about 250 ppm ph 7

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

It should drop your PH a bit, and add calium magnesium and carbon to your soil.

S

shavits

Dolomite lime is an excellent amendment to add to your soil mix! It will stabilize your soil ph at about 7 and adds calcium and magnesium as well(which plants require)! I added 2 cups of prilled dolomite lime to my soil mix along with 2 cups oyster shell flour which will also stabilize your soils ph! Oyster shell does the same exact thing as dolomite lime! Mix it well and if you could give it time to break down and do its thing in the soil before you use it, it will be good stuff!

D

Drdre

Guy who digs fat girls
Supporter
Thanks for the info farmers

Tiger Brandz

Tiger Brandz

u can`t go wrong by adding dolomite to soil! As he said- it stabalises ph at 7, and gives cal mag. I use dolomite indoors in my soilmix for a cal/mag and to buffer ph- cause some of the organic feeds i use change the ph over time. Dolomite keeps ph constant.

I would recomend using it

peace

green punk

green punk

The crushed oyster shells (lay blend) create a great environment for beneficials to live on. Also delivering Ca, but slowly. Where the oyster shell flour acts much more quickly as a buffer. IME And the dolomite has a ton of magnesium in it, way more than regular garden lime.

Erik

Erik

Is it true that dolomite lime only able to keep the pH stable for about 2 1/2 months? If that's true, do you add more of it after about two months? Just mix it in with the top layer of your soil?

J

jcash

u can`t go wrong by adding dolomite to soil! As he said- it stabalises ph at 7, and gives cal mag. I use dolomite indoors in my soilmix for a cal/mag and to buffer ph- cause some of the organic feeds i use change the ph over time. Dolomite keeps ph constant.

I would recomend using it

peace

J

jcash

Can u please tell me how much dolomote lime I need to reamend a 1.5cuft bag of foxfarm ocean forest. Want to stabalize ph at 6.5-7 also have some left over humate,rock phosphate,epson salt azomite, bone/blood meal

Latest posts

Top Bottom