• Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dolphins are people too

Lol

Klinstead

Klinstead

Hmm.. very interesting. I’ve caught my fair share of the buggers and new about the toxins & sushi delicacy, but hadn’t heard anything about the dolphins. Not just full of cannabis knowledge MMG ;). Funny how even the birds know not to go for them when you toss em’ back.

0FB76EEC 0A6F 4EAB B3E6 DA720692762A
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hmm.. very interesting. I’ve caught my fair share of the buggers and new about the toxins & sushi delicacy, but hadn’t heard anything about the dolphins. Not just full of cannabis knowledge MMG ;). Funny how even the birds know not to go for them when you toss em’ back.

Thank Mrs. MMG for that one. I just received the text.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Don't them fuckers have a toxic poison in them? edit: I was reading about it also. I've caught a few in my time also, tons of them, actually, But they are generally loners. Even stepped on them a once or twice, with bare feet as a kid.

Certainly never eaten one, (yuck no thanks) But the one you've caught there is a pretty biggin. I would much rather eat gator tail or some grouper of some type, than that crap. Asians will eat testicles too. I also don't consume goat horns to make me horny either. To each their own, some of it might have some validity, I suppose.

Asians, and the Old World cultures have some extraordinary ancient medicine, and much to teach modern mankind, and a deep understanding of nature, but they have lot's of myths also, I try to steer toward the scientific method, in this respect.

No question their toxins are an evolutionary defense mechanism, along with the puffing, and thorns on it's top side. It's a otherwise slow, small fish that would have a target written all over it. Some fish are like "eat/punish me", but they have other reproductive niche that they exploit. It's truly amazing to study, evolution/adaptations of the species. Must be a really ancient fish, I suspect.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
LOL, It's a Caucasian Fish, (Diverged from Caucasus Mountains) lol, puffer & toxic, how fitting. 🤔

The majority of the pufferfish's species are toxic and some are among the most poisonous vertebrates in the world. In certain species, the internal organs, such as the liver, and sometimes the skin, contain tetrodotoxin, and are highly toxic to most animals when eaten; nevertheless, the meat of some species is considered a delicacy in Japan (as 河豚, pronounced fugu), Korea (as 복, bok, or 복어, bogeo), and China (as 河豚, hétún) when prepared by specially trained chefs who know which part is safe to eat and in what quantity. Other pufferfish species with nontoxic flesh, such as the northern puffer, Sphoeroides maculatus, of Chesapeake Bay,[2] are considered a delicacy elsewhere.

The tetraodontids have been estimated to have diverged from diodontids between 89 and 138 million years ago. The four major clades diverged during the Cretaceous between 80 and 101 million years ago. The oldest known pufferfish genus is Eotetraodon, from the Lutetian epoch of Middle Eocene Europe, with fossils found in Monte Bolca and the Caucasus Mountains.

Top Bottom