Don't Believe In Flushing? Nute Industry Explained

• Thread starter Tardbuster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahhh but there is/was a lot of science that went into that cigarette ash my friend. Back as far as the 60’s (from what I’ve seen ) there were university peer reviewed studies done on tobacco to determine the ideal nutrient blend/dry/cure to give the most clean burn. They got that shit dialed in

Great points. They do have ideal nutrient ratios, but I believe the "even burn and white ash" comes from those very chemicals they add. Not just the way the tobacco was grown. If true, sure puts a halt on the theory chemicals make the ash black. I also agree it's part of the cure for sure.

P

PharmHand

Phytoestrogens will have ZERO effect on you unless you're a plant. PHYTO = PLANT.

Add cannabis to that list. And yes, unfortunately, phytoestrogens most definitely have an effect on animals- humans. Ever heard of the term soy boys? Watch out for that lavender body wash too , grow you some boobies haha

P

PharmHand

Great points. They do have ideal nutrient ratios, but I believe the "even burn and white ash" comes from those very chemicals they add. Not just the way the tobacco was grown. If true, sure puts a halt on the theory chemicals make the ash black. I also agree it's part of the cure for sure.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/03758397.1960.10857675
Here’s a study from the 60’s. I bet they were all hacking butts in the lab while working too haha. Back then everyone smoked :)

P

PharmHand

You can bet these studies are already underway for canna too but the knowledge won’t be so readily shared.... Too much money at stake atm. Maybe in 20 years

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

You can bet these studies are already underway for canna too but the knowledge won’t be so readily shared.... Too much money at stake atm. Maybe in 20 years
Unfortunately, it seem a lot of these papers have an ulterior motive by the persons funding such research.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Add cannabis to that list. And yes, unfortunately, phytoestrogens most definitely have an effect on animals- humans. Ever heard of the term soy boys? Watch out for that lavender body wash too , grow you some boobies haha

You have definitely been watching too much InfoWars. This is not true, there is no evidence to support what you're saying. It's hogwash.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Nonsense. Estrogen concentrations in soy wont give you man boobs. And eating tofu doesnt make you a weak pussy "soyboy" any more than chugging back a beer full of hops or eating a flax seed bagel.

Im a vegan with a fair bit of muscle on a rather lean frame, and no sign of man boobage over here. I also homebrew and consume a ton of hop juice. Honestly, no other vegan guy I know has man boobs.

You know who DOES get man boobs? The milk chuggers and folks who regularly dine on fast food. That's who gets man boobs, and that's a fact. Take a look around next time you're in Mcdirt.

As a matter of fact, every single dude I know with man boobs is an omni. Females with a genetic risk for breast cancer need to be careful about consuming exogenous estrogen for sure. But for the average person its harmless.

P

PharmHand

Nonsense. Estrogen concentrations in soy wont give you man boobs. And eating tofu doesnt make you a weak pussy "soyboy" any more than chugging back a beer full of hops or eating a flax seed bagel.

Im a vegan with a fair bit of muscle on a rather lean frame, and no sign of man boobage over here. I also homebrew and consume a ton of hop juice. Honestly, no other vegan guy I know has man boobs.

You know who DOES get man boobs? The milk chuggers and folks who regularly dine on fast food. That's who gets man boobs, and that's a fact. Take a look around next time you're in Mcdirt.

As a matter of fact, every single dude I know with man boobs is an omni. Females with a genetic risk for breast cancer need to be careful about consuming exogenous estrogen for sure. But for the average person its harmless.
That was super offensive, my apologies. I’ve got nothing against being vegan, but there are more than a few studies pointing to soys estrogenic effect. And the boobies I referenced were from a lavender body wash study. Have you been vegan your whole life? Just curious, my wife’s best friend is vegan and they’re raising their kids vegan..... Just seems like a lot of work to make sure you’ve got all your nutritional bases covered- especially for a developing child. Idk. Sorry once again. Peace

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That was super offensive, my apologies. I’ve got nothing against being vegan, but there are more than a few studies pointing to soys estrogenic effect. And the boobies I referenced were from a7 lavender body wash study. Have you been vegan your whole life? Just curious, my wife’s best friend is vegan and they’re raising their kids vegan..... Just seems like a lot of work to make sure you’ve got all your nutritional bases covered- especially for a developing child. Idk. Sorry once again. Peace

No offense taken, This is just obviously a part of my life and I know a thing or two more than most about it. Take a look at who sponsored the studies showing soy is bad. It's like adverts saying "fuck beans! (*paid for by the national pea council)"

I haven't been plant based my whole life no, but have been for a couple years. And I have many friends who are decade plus vegans. Most of them are very fit and quite active. Look at guys like woody Harrelson, no man boobs and hes been vegan for decades. Or Liam Hemsworth, or Dave Bautista (Drax from guardians of the Galaxy).. Again, no man boobs and plenty of muscle. Vegan for many years.

Honestly it has been easy for me. My options are very clear, and the whole family is vegan. Plus there are tons of options almost everywhere now. I love it, and it completely cured my lifelong battle with chronic eczema. Gone. Never going back.

And this is a guy who 3 years ago was in Ketosis eating deer I hunted. I feel so much better now both physically, as well as spiritually. It's awesome, you should try it! lol.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have this problem a lot. What is this thread even about anyway?

Lol. Same thing almost every thread is about since they started having weed forums.

Why isn't the answer ever “if needed” to just about every question?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol. Same thing almost every thread is about since they started having weed forums.

Why isn't the answer ever “if needed” to just about every question?

So damn true.

"flushing", as in running a ton of water through the pot is really only necessary for correcting issues. Even at the end of the grow I dont "flush" my plants. I will however feed just water for the last couple weeks so the plant can use up what is left in the soilless mix. Soiless peat based potting mix like promix or proterra actually has a decent CEC and can hold nutrients for quite a while.

That said, I do think it's very important to not overfeed near the end. I have no love for weed that doesnt burn properly.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So damn true.

"flushing", as in running a ton of water through the pot is really only necessary for correcting issues. Even at the end of the grow I dont "flush" my plants. I will however feed just water for the last couple weeks so the plant can use up what is left in the soilless mix. Soiless peat based potting mix like promix or proterra actually has a decent CEC and can hold nutrients for quite a while.

That said, I do think it's very important to not overfeed near the end. I have no love for weed that doesnt burn properly.

I try to feed only what each plant needs. Not easy or always successful with new seeds but i try.

I taper the nutes back down the last 3 weeks or so like i taper them up the first 3 to get the plant used to them. I transition from nutrient rich potting soil and well water only to fertilizing about week 1 or 2 as needed.

I tapered this plant down a bit early. I must feed really light because in less than a week i have a strong potassium deficiency and now calcium starting.

My runoff read .4 ec. Thankfully she is just about done.

8DCC6CF8 7104 4252 8E42 5F59E9C65586

Not the best pic obviously but she is lightening at the top. Thickening and curling down at the bottom, white tips all round and calcium spotting in some upper leaves.

However the flowers look and smell amazing.

2B4DC7BA 6193 422E B820 2F21FFE16211

Sorry for the crappy pics. I was in a hurry tonight.

Top Bottom