Don't Worry I've Read The Stickies

• Thread starter ArcticOrange
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

So I have some yellowing between veins starting from the inside of the new growth going toward the outside. I'm thinking possibly iron zinc or manganese? This may help diagnose it.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? SEED
2. How old are your plants? 7.5 WEEKS FROM DAY PUT IN SOIL
3. How tall are your plants? 12-14 INCHES (SCROG)
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 GALLON
5. What is your soil mix? 35% PERLITE 65% FOX FARMS HAPPY FROG
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? ONCEEVERY 3-4 DAYS
7. What is the pH of your water? 7.0
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? DYNA GROW FOLIAGE PRO, DYNA GROW PRO TEKT, RECHARGE FOR MICROBES. NUTES AT 1/4 STRENGTH. COMBINED NPK 9-3-7.5
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? NO
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 600w MH (dimmed to 400)
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 16 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3x3
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 72 Degrees 55% RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.5
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
16. How much experience do you have growing? 0-6 months prior to this grow.

Also important to note one of my feedings recently had mag pro added and the NPK combined was really high with P. I think with ph ruled out there's a deficiency at play or excess of something causing lockout but I've only fed 3 times? Once a week on average since I started feeding at week 4. Also take note of a few brown spots on the leaves this developed a few days after the chlorosis.

Dont worry ive read the stickies
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Are you letting your soil get completely dry between waterings?

Yes the watering frequency listed is what it has ramped up to recently. Previously it was as low as once per week since I planted directly in the 5 gallon container so it took a long time to dry out

I'll check out the post enigma thank you.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Looks like the start of n-deficiency but I am not sure. Maybe try half strength and see how they respond.

I thought they looked like they might just be hungry. I think I will give them a little more nutes next feed, I've kept it as light as possible during veg trying to avoid burning the young thing

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Some strains like a little nute burn, it's the really finicky strains you wanna be careful with the nutes on.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Drop the pH that you're using to water and feed with. Get it at least down to 6.8, and a bit lower ranging might help here, too, down as low as 6.5.

Beyond that, you can foliar many things, but I wouldn't think you'd need to here, given what you're working with. Try changing the pH of the water and see how the plant responds.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I want to say ec was .3 but I can't remember atm I'll check my notes when I get home not sure exactly what that equates to ppm wise.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Fed at full strength 2 days ago, no nute burn and new growth is nice and green, I think it's safe to assume I'm out of the woods at this point. Thank you all for the help!

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Also if anyone cares to follow I have a grow journal going as well as new construction on a 4x8 perpetual, again thank you all for your help. I'm going to have to transplant this one here soon woke up this morning and tried to feel if the soil was moist and I couldn't find a place where the soil wasn't so dense with roots I couldn't get a finger in there.

Top Bottom