dose led lights really work? do they flower the plants right?

• Thread starter pure arghan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pure arghan

:help: to all famers, dose the ufo really work? they should be good for vegging but will the ufo flower your plant to its full potinseal( will you get the best out of the plant) i think still smoking was trying theses out? or maybe an outher famer? (i smoke to much) would love to hear of a famers work with one of these ufo's as it would really help over the summer :sun2: thanks in advance

P

pure arghan

thanks for all the help

id like to thank all the farmers that done shit for me on this subject, thanks again assholes

O

ograskal

not many people use those ufos thats why you didnt get any answers....lol

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

id like to thank all the farmers that done shit for me on this subject, thanks again assholes

I think Led grows are a waste of time, you can get much better quality from hps and higher yields.

your welcome anytime:boogie:

A

antimatter

The hydro grow leds seem to do a better job then the UFOs but as far as quality goes and yield there not quite there yet at least from what I saw on ICMAG, time will tell :friday:

A

antimatter

Yes the Hydro-grow LED seems to be a way better product. I did not mention that. I am still a no believer. But I was specifically talking about the first models that came out...Non-HydroGrow.

RC

Every product has to start somewhere and evolve, just a matter of collecting the funds and improving.

S

satyr

I would not use them for flowering either.

I am however interested in LEDs strictly for vegging. Seems they do a fair job at lower wattage getting the girls ready for some lovely HPS......

Having a lot of mothers and clones on 18-24 hour 7/365 is quite a drain on the meter. I would be happy to go all LED on vegging if I could save 30-50% of the watts I will go for it.

But I have a strong feeling that my HPS succesor will be a sulhourplasma lamp. They seem to have what it takes with some development and tweeking. They have lots of grow potential.

O

organickat

Well I have a HTG supply 3rd gen ufo 90 watt ready for your challenge

my last grow I got 9 to 15 grams per plant and I get around a zip with my 430 hps with one month veg

E

eyeswideopen

I've used the hydro grow led's since last August and I'm pleased. As far as gram per watt I achieve much better results with the LED's than with my HPS. However, they do cover a much smaller canopy so you really need a bunch of them, which may be cost prohibitive initially for people growing in a larger area. Over time they will pay for themselves in savings on bulbs, utilities, etc. They also seem to grow really happy and healthy plants. I would love to have 40 or so of these lights for my new 12x20, but there's no way I can shell out that kind of paper, so HPS it is. I WILL however still have a continuous aero rack under the LED's for my personal stash because I believe they grow superior, heavily resinated, quality bud. My last two cycles I ran soma sour diesel with 9 plants under two 600's and 8 plants scroged under my 4 126 watt LEDs. All were in aero/nft rails, all on same nutes schedule. The LED run was just over a g/watt and my HPS was about a half a gram per watt. However, the sq footage in the hps tent was almost double that of the area for the LED's. Hence, if I could afford to cover the entire ceiling of my new room with LED's I would.

sedate

sedate

eyeswideopen said:
I WILL however still have a continuous aero rack under the LED's for my personal stash because I believe they grow superior, heavily resinated, quality bud.

I've read some pretty convincing stuff that LED's are the wave of the fututre.

From what I understand - and this is from some of the print mags funded with MMJ dollars here in Colorado - places like Oaksterdam are doing some interesting work in this area, finding the best spectrum matches and such - the results, from what I can gather, really are quite superior to what HPS lights offer.

This technology, particularly as grow lights, is still in its infancy, but the flexibility and extrodinairly low power requirements of LED's make these the wave of the future. In twenty or thirty years time, methinks this entire world will be lit by LED's.

G

greenthumbbumb

Where do people get that leds produce less quality bud? Only people that havent grown with these leds would say that. I have grown with hid and led and can tell you plants like the less intense light of the led, quality if anything i would say is better. Im very happy with my leds since switching from hid but i never tried any of the cheap ones just hydrogrow leds. Plus im not even running an exhaust fans right now

S

SweetIslandFunk

superior for veg (depending on the spectrum)
inferior for flower

sincerely,
big stinky asshole.

S

SweetIslandFunk

Your right, I have no experience with LEDs. Only seen them in action around town and whatnot, but from what I've seen and discussed with others its a common belief that LEDs used in veg are superior to others. But in flowering I guess inferior would be the wrong word to use, if your looking for some real high quality stuff then use LEDs, but if you are try to build a commercial grow op your not going to see many people running LEDs because its all about quantity. Trust me I am a firm believer in LEDs being the future in growing and if I could afford one right now I'd run it with my HPS. As for the stinky asshole thing that was directed towards pure. didnt mean to ruffle any feathers

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

IMO.
And I am obsessive type of person so I have read alot about LED's.
And they produce some excellent flower's. The yeilds just slack a little.
But they are just getting better and better.

C

Crimble

hi everyone, I'm Crimble I am a CO medical grower, I use LED and I work with growl LED's exclusively and I love the results I get with them. We run 1400W of LED and get real results. I know most will respond, that I must have paid too much for them but we didn't, these are the same people telling me my LED's are too expensive when I get an $111 electric bill each month and they are paying more like $275, and I get gram per watt results. you have to hang LED's low and you have to have almost an led over all areas of your table. growing with LED's allows me to have virtually 5 canopies from 1 table with the ability to hang my lights vertical and get REAL results on the undersides of my canopy, its great using LED but just like computers in 70's, its a fledgling industry and some companies are so bad with their claims of how a 90W will do just as well as a 400HPS and use non-american made LED's that they give good, American made companies like GROWL a bad name. you should look into Growl if you are considering LED's. :animbong:

S

SweetIslandFunk

Sweet: I honestly agree with you on your assessment of "LED Grow Lights" in a general sense, as most of the products online are inferior when compared to other lighting systems. There are many reasons for this, which is why I requested the information on the lights you had used specifically, except you haven't lol. As far as veg goes, yes plants seem to love just about any LED grow light, but when it comes to bloom a lot of them are missing vital components necessary for photosynthesis. It's for this reason that most of them don't stand up against HID, or even CFL for some. There are tons of differences from one MFR to the next, but most of them share one common design flaw: a 120 degree lens. It's 4x less intense than our 60 degree lens, which means less penetration and less light to plant energy conversion. Anyhow, thanks for the reply! :)

Well feel free to send me one of those giveaway LEDs youve got, lol.

K

kaveman jr.

ill do a side by side with a maxx power 200 watt if interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom