Double D's 4x4 Featuring Pineapple/mango Kush And Golden Lions Lemon Cookies.

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello all and welcome to my grow journal.
Trying some new genetics this round in my favorite medium,soil.
I was gifted some beans from the same source I got the HSO-GC from and he assures me that they are feminized.Both were in the same pack so I don't know which are Mango and which are Pineapple yet...
I also cracked 6 beans of Golden Lions Lemon Cookies with 5 survivors.(Thanks Drewski!)
Will take some time to see if I get a girl.(fingers crossed)
I'll be using BPN 2 part high yield nutes as always,they've given me great results.
Soil base is Fafard pro w/resilience along with a bit of compost from a friend and just a tad more perlite as Fafard's mix is almost the perfect amount.
Skipped the MH bulb this time and will be running the 600 Ushio for the entire grow.
Hopefully this grow will go smoothly and yield me some winners,I'm really on a tight time frame this go round so hopefully it all works out.
Here's where I'm at now.Things are a bit wilted but should perk up.I had an exhaust leak I didn't see and had some high temps but things are fixed now. Thanks for dropping by and positive vibes back to you!

Double ds 4x4 featuring pineapplemango kush and golden lions lemon cookies
Double ds 4x4 featuring pineapplemango kush and golden lions lemon cookies 2
Double ds 4x4 featuring pineapplemango kush and golden lions lemon cookies 3
Double ds 4x4 featuring pineapplemango kush and golden lions lemon cookies 4
Double ds 4x4 featuring pineapplemango kush and golden lions lemon cookies 5

DismalDude

DismalDude

Right on. You are gonna love the Lemon Cookies. I did a LC outdoor grow with superb results. I am dying to see how they run indoors.

To find your females quicker is cloning and force-flowering an option for ya?
I saw where you had ran the Lemon Cookies before and they sounded so good.
Normally I would clone and force flower but I'll be on the road during the summer so I'm pressed for time.
I still have some seeds left and will be doing that method when I get back.
Hopefully I'll get at least one girl out of these five,I sure as hell hope so anyway. ;)

DismalDude

DismalDude

I'm not familiar with making bho but have had a few good runs with bubble bags. I really enjoyed doing it.I Hope you are blessed with choice bubble hash my friend.
Never made BHO either though I know the process.I'll stick with non flammables as I've tried ISO and it was nice but I think I'd prefer a nice bubble hash. ;) Thanks buddy.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Ok,here's where the girls and hopefully LC girls are today.The soil mix is a little hot but I think it'll be ok.
The kush are getting huge fan leaves and stinking like no other plant I've ever had in veg.They just reek!
Not going to top,LST,nothing and they are already showing beautiful structure.They're going to be hardy bushes.
Time is of the essence so the tent will be flipped today.As much as I'd like to veg longer it's time.Looks like I'll already be running at least a week late.
So that's what's going on here.Hopefully I'll have some LC keepers here in a couple weeks! Thanks for stopping by. Peace and good vibes.
100 1958 100 1959 100 1960 100 1961 100 1962 100 1963 100 1964 100 1965 100 1966 100 1967

I look forward to running these in the near future. :)
IMG 20150330 102853 265

DismalDude

DismalDude

Decided to do a test run with my bubble bags today.It went pretty well for my first time I guess.Started with about 30 grams of Big Bang scuff bud and sugar leaf.Did an 8 bag run but did the mixing in a separate bucket.The bags that did the best for me were the 73 and the 45.The 90 had a bit and so did the 25 but all in all the 73/45 were the best.
I'll narrow it down to my favorite five for next time.Getting ready for a second run now but here are a few pics.
I know I'll need to spread it out more after pressing through the sieve but not a bad first run.I do not care about separating the different grades at this time so for now I'll just be sieving it all together.
100 1970
100 1971
100 1973
100 1975

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
are you using the whole set of bags? - what sizes did it come with?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
your best stuff will likely come from the 73 or 90 - sometimes the 45 is good

25 is a bitch to drain and I never liked that material - its mostly pieces of stalks

point is you could ditch using a few of those bags to streamline it for you

nothing good comes from the 160 - you could use that as your work bag - sometimes the 120 will be good enough for edibles usually its mostly stringy material

if it were me i would run only the 190 -or 160 as work bag - the 120 to catch all the fibrous crap - and then the 90, 73 and 45

for my next run I plan on buying 5 of the zipper washing machine bags - putting my materiel into those and then all of them into separate ice filled buckets that will be hand worked and then the content of all 5 buckets will get run through the 120/90/73 and 45

I am not going about this for quantity but quality

DismalDude

DismalDude

your best stuff will likely come from the 73 or 90 - sometimes the 45 is good

25 is a bitch to drain and I never liked that material - its mostly pieces of stalks

point is you could ditch using a few of those bags to streamline it for you

nothing good comes from the 160 - you could use that as your work bag - sometimes the 120 will be good enough for edibles usually its mostly stringy material

if it were me i would run only the 190 -or 160 as work bag - the 120 to catch all the fibrous crap - and then the 90, 73 and 45

for my next run I plan on buying 5 of the zipper washing machine bags - putting my materiel into those and then all of them into separate ice filled buckets that will be hand worked and then the content of all 5 buckets will get run through the 120/90/73 and 45

I am not going about this for quantity but quality
Awesome reply and thanks for that info,it's just what I was looking for.The 8 bags were nice but I was thinking I need to streamline this as it seems like too many when most use 4 or 5.
Separate buckets,I like that idea too!That 25 was a bit of a pain for sure and though the color was good it had a finer,more watery consistency when I spooned it off the screen.
I'm glad I went with a small test run just so I can refine the next ones!Still have a LOT of material to run...
Let me ask you this,how many runs of same material do you do?I know I read a lot about the process and it seems most do 2 runs and some 3?
Thanks for the input! ;)

DismalDude

DismalDude

I hope you dont mind if I smoke in your growroom. I brought my bong and my beanbag chair, Im here for the duration. That icewater hash looks very nice!
Haha,thanks man,I wish I still had a beanbag chair but not sure I could get up out of it,lol.
It looks pretty darned good to me as well though I know it'll get better here very soon!
I haven't smoked any hash in a very,very long time and I'm pretty stoked to try it here in a few days!

Latest posts

Top Bottom