Double & treble pots

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7rayos

Couple of years ago i've tried an experiment, adapting some technique i've heard is used in SOG in which you just place the seedling pot on top of the second, instead of transplanting, letting the roots find their way through the bottom holes. Further, just before flowering i've put a third, bigger of course. It was a 1/4 litre on top of a 1'5 ltr on top of a 7 litre more or less.
The first one was just plain compost, didn't have any drainage apart from the standard holes, the second one had a bit of arlite as drainage, for not allowing the roots get packed against the plastic and was enriched with 1/3rd of worm humus. The third and definite one was as the second plus bat guano. The roots where finger wide thick knots passing the holes, the first pot of lighter black plastic was broken.
I don't keep all photos, although is more or less published in a spanish forum (unfinished i think, whatever reasons). The results were good though, my best to date then, but i didn't compare two clones, or well, i did later but they ended in other hands, may them rot. The thief hands, i mean.
My question is, after seeing photos of British Hempire using double pots too

if anybody else have used it and what's their reasons and results.
The only photo i've got is last winter, south of Spain, the colder nights sleeping inside. I've cut them two days later after 48 hours in the dark, at the time didn't watered for 5 or 6 days and had the roots washed a week before that. And spidermites, noblesse obligue. Good winter smoke, mind you.

Cultinvierno
T

thcnology

I recall BOG swearing by this, His book may be a good read for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom