Down On Buck's Farm

• Thread starter RoeBuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I've been hanging around here off and on for a couple years now learning how to grow in rdwc and trying to help out when I can. My camera had broken a while ago and without one, I've never started a grow thread. I just picked up a new camera so thought I'd finally post up my grow. I also promised UCMENOW that I would report back on the Current Culture nutrient samples he sent me. So here goes.

I'm running two UC8XLs. On is lit with two 630 watt Kind XL1000 LEDs with four 108 watt T5HO fluoros, two on each side. The other system had been lit with four 4 bulb UNO T5 XHOs. I did a couple grows with those and wasn't satisfied, so am in the process of replacing them with two more of the Kind XL1000s. For side lighting on this system I'm going to use four 208 watt strip LEDs. If I like those I may replace the T5s on the other system with more of them. Each system has a 30 gallon top off res. Water is RO with UV. Two 55 gallon storage tanks are piped down one wall to the top offs. A drain line runs down the other wall to a deep sink. I use a transfer pump mounted on the wall over the storage tanks to move the water. Everything has quick connects so I can easily move the pump and hook it to the drain line when I need to change a system.

I also have a veg room with a DIY rdwc system and a clone machine. That system is four 14 gallon Rubbermaid Brute totes, two plants per tote. Lighting there is three 280 watt FERO Bulldog LEDs, two for the veg system and one for mothers. The clones are lit with a 100 watt LED bulb.

I run a closed, shared environment between the veg and bloom rooms with co2 supplied by a propane burner. Heat and a/c are supplied by a 12,000 btu mini split heat and a/c pump and a 14,000 btu a/c unit. I'm not currently venting co2 during lights out but plan to in the near future. That's about the last thing I need to do to complete the room. This has been over a two year project. I started with one system, then the second, then the veg room, adding more after each grow. Total investment at this point is around $18k.

My current grow is Blue Dream. It is also my first run from clones and my first run using Cultured Systems nutes. Prior to this I have been using House & Garden Aqua Flakes. I had those dialed in pretty good, so a bit of learning using the CS. So far it seems that the pH stays more stable on the CS. I'm not getting the steady rise I was used to with the H&G. If anything it drops slightly even when the plants are feeding heavy. I'm also seeing a bit of P and K deficiency if I don't keep the bloom supplements up, something I didn't experience with H&G running the same strain. On the flip side, I was getting some strain dependent mag deficiencies with H&G and was supplementing with epsom salts. I've not had to do that with the CS.

These pictures are from day 32 in bloom. I need to change the system tomorrow so will take some new ones.
Down on bucks farm

Down on bucks farm 2

Down on bucks farm 3

Down on bucks farm 4

Down on bucks farm 5
Down on bucks farm 6

Latest posts

Top Bottom