Down to Earth Dry Amendments/ feeding

• Thread starter Bagseedsteve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Roonie

Roonie

I have had more success at 6.5 than 6.8+ I try to move across a range of 6 to 6.5 and have had similar success to Mr. Canuck in this range. One of the harder things is timing the top dressing because you dont want to overfeed but also cannot wait for deficiencies to appear (top dressing is too slow for an immediate fix). The schedule you follow should start from something generic like first top dress at 4 weeks then top dress every 3 weeks, but then you should dial it in for your plants for the next run after seeing how they react to the top dress timings. I also highly recommend mixing the top dress with some compost to prevent it from caking up on the surface of the medium (happens near the end of the run when the roots have a solid hold over the top inch of medium), the caking can make watering more difficult.

Good luck with your grow!

Thanks brother, this gives me more confidence!!

JoeyBliss

JoeyBliss

DTE organic dry mixes will absolutely work in coco. Just add a teaspoon per gallon of gypsum for calcium (not lime, which will jack up the pH) and a good humate source like castings or Mr. Fulvic to buffer the coco. I've used coco as the base for my organic mixes for years and it works great.
I’m loyal to the soil but my growmie swears by his coco and castings with 10-15%compost. He hits em 1x a month with the 4-4-4 and the 4-8-4 mixed together. His plants are always good so to each their own. For me I’m loyal to the soil. I’m on year 6 reusing my soul and I get better and better results every year

Latest posts

Top Bottom