downey mildew/septoria/blight/rust issues

• Thread starter BuBBleboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

up yours

:bong2:Done dude and yes I did answer his question but enough already my bad man

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nothing kills them all that I know of, BuBB. I've not used Organicide, either, not familiar with it. I know the cupric solutions kill the Septoria, but mine was rather resistant and required not only repeated treatments, but dosing rates at the higher end of the scale.

It's an awfully pretty blue.

U

up yours

:rasta:Wow that stinks organicide is decent sprayed duriing night cycle and rinsed before your lights come on and not within three weeks of finish and if your outbreak was that tough that stuff brand plant wash would be a waste of money, later U.Y.

U

up yours

Organicide is fish oil soybean and lecithin it is omri listed and available through most home depot and indoor shops less than twenty three bucks usually. good luck. U.Y.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Soya'nara is definitely at least in part soybean oil. Much, much harder to find. If it's something I can find at Lowe's I'll try to remember to take a look. Thanks!

U

up yours

:smiley_joint:only to glad to help it does smell but if it ever smells rancid don't use it and make sure to rinse completely or it will suck I like to mix it in a blender I have just for neem, azatrol ,organicide any oil base really it also kills 25 different bugs was the only thing that killed my red mite problem some years back good luck and thank you for knowledge. U.Y.

Z

Zissou Intern

Hey motherlode you seem to be the peanut gallery maybe it is you who should find a new place to be agro you could have helped w/ his problem not be jerk at least and besides you only add to thisproblem everytime you whine I do not like your kind what so ever you are simply a bully and a cad
Up Yours

yeah dude maybe he just wants his post count up.

cause he def didnt help this guy but call him out.

i kinda agree with you. but im not here for drama so i just laugh and shake my head.
over n out

U

up yours

Nor am I. I want more knowledge less drama but I could been better about how I handled it. It was bubbleboys post and not my place to do it but thank you for support if anyone needs help and I can help please pm I will answer all that I can thanks. Up Yours:rasta:

B

BuBBleboy

Seamaiden, I was wondering how you apply agri-fos in general. I read the label and I can't help but wonder why it isn't allowed for use in California only on about half of the edible plants mentioned in the directions? Just can't come up with a logical answer, and want to be as safe as possible. I am ordering that, and oxidate to use in my veg. regiment.

I also am looking into a UV light to put and run over my door to my room... Does anyone have experience with these and or can anyone back up the claims I see that it kills anything in it's area....?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ca epa is tight as a bugs ass in a rainstorm

B

BuBBleboy

in reading the directions the closest thing to cannabis approved for agri-fos for soil drench/feeding is ornamental application... I don't read any systemic applications for edible plants. There are approvals for foliar spray on some veggies and fruits, but that eliminates my need for a systemic fungicide (i think 2 foliars is more than enough on that end of things).

So even though it isn't organic... with that in mind are the directions over bearing in anyone's opinion? does anyone use it in veg, and never have noticed anything after 2 months and a proper flush...? Sounds like a good product if it can be used systemic, with no health effects after a it being flushed out by flower feedings and a flush long term.

U

up yours

:passingjoint:It was always said at my shop put nothing on or in your plants you would not put in or on you and oregon and washington ag are huge dicks also I would keep looking for a better way you can deal w/ issues

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden, I was wondering how you apply agri-fos in general. I read the label and I can't help but wonder why it isn't allowed for use in California only on about half of the edible plants mentioned in the directions? Just can't come up with a logical answer, and want to be as safe as possible. I am ordering that, and oxidate to use in my veg. regiment.
I have zero knowledge or experience with Agri-Fos, cannot answer your question.
I also am looking into a UV light to put and run over my door to my room... Does anyone have experience with these and or can anyone back up the claims I see that it kills anything in it's area....?
That's not proper QT/vector control. If you're interested in vector control and proper QT (quarantine) protocol then you will need to use a 'clean room' and tray system, I believe. I am only familiar with procedures in a facility like a large public aquarium, and how it was done when we needed to handle the penguins was there's a room in which a big blower is blowing down on you, and you have to step into this tray of liquid, I assume it's a strong antiseptic though I never asked exactly what it was (I was more interested in the fish than the stupid penguins, they stink).

UV irradiation as a method of vector control requires proximity and exposure time--neither of which you'll be able to safely perform in the home, let alone adequate to actual vector control, IMO.

Far better, IMO, to utilize handwashing and changing clothes for entering growing areas. Also, how about you start giving the plants in question a little shot of aspirin, to boost their immune systems?

Aspirin Water Helps Plants

B

BuBBleboy

Thank's for the advise, I know what your mean the the control... and with a heppa filter in my first room, all my clothes being washed and taken off and on in the down stairs laundry room. I take showers every time before i go it, and wash my feet, hands and hair thoroughly. To be honest I think it is the natural plants, and roses from my neighbors. Spores can travel, and I'm not doubting that at one point or another they are going to get in my room. That is why I am considering running a bar UV light over my door to a back room (it is sectioned off, and only have one entry. QT with bleach, floors get three layer set up (baking soda/plastic tarp taped/linoleum taped), walls with panda, and sealed intake/venting lights form the attic. And most importantly start with seed this time only.
I am supposed to talk with a rep for a UV light company tomorrow. I am going to dig his brain on the topic a little. I want to see if I run the light 24/7 and it covers the width of the door if it is possible for a spore to travel past it and make it into my room. Of course i'll still take showers, clean clothes (if any), and sanitize like always.
As for my current room, everything is looking ok, and I am hoping that by spraying the stylet on the stems and foliage only on my flower girls, the fungus won't try and go for the only thing not covered.... the buds.

B

BuBBleboy

Seamaiden: I've read about asprin over at IC and didn't really believe it, but now I am going to have to try it out.
people where using it instead of an expensive nut. sold at hydro stores (can't remember which one, but I wanna say pirahna?). I'm using slicon currently (dynagro) and it is great for the stress, I can really tell how much it helps keep them together from this disease.
I'll also post back on how some of my veg experiments do with stylet being fed systemic in a couple days when they have had time to take it all in. Thanks for the ideas and input everyone.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use aspirin the same way I use lysine (an amino acid) to control cold sores instead of Valtrex, which kills your liver (and is $80/pill last time I used it). Lysine has been proven to boost human immune system response, used in conjunction with arginine you have a proven wound healing combination. And so, aspirin can help plants in a similar manner, boosting their immune system response and giving them a boost in fighting pathogens.

It's not a substitute for proper nutrition, which is where it's a little different than the lysine/arginine story.

Read this:
This is the protocol used for animals (avian protocol), which is somewhat different I'm sure than that used for plants.

Quarantine Treatments for Pests of Food Plants.

Top Bottom