Dr. Toboggan's World of Wonders

• Thread starter mantistoboggan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Welcome gang!

I made a couple introductions elsewhere if you want to read a little about me. This isn't a full grow journal per se, but more or less just updates on my garden. I grow different varieties of vegetables as well as cannabis. Everything in my garden this year has been started from seed.

First and foremost, let's get this part out of the way so we can get to the good stuff: I live in a legal state and comply with all local and state laws. Everything you see here is for personal use. Nothing is ever for sale or for trade, ever. Please don't ask, for both of our safety.

Alright - now that we have that out of the way. Let's get down to it!

The garden is currently a 3.5' x 3.5' x 5' tall tent, 315 CMH (dimmable 50-110%), with a 4" inline attached to a tall boy carbon filter.

Genetics in the garden currently:

Dosidos x 9# Hammer (tester from Jinxproof genetics) - 9# hammer is a strong hitting indica, a staple from Jinxproof using some killer TGA gear in the end of their days. good enough to knock out stuff as severe as PTSD, but doesn't effect productivity. I don't love the cookies hype surrounding the Dosi, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I only got three testers, so I just popped one for now. and it is a specimen already. I'm not disappointed.

Stardawg - Hazeman Seeds (open pollination testers) I got 5 of these beans for free with an order, and popped 3 to start. The third was a runt from the start, didn't make it much past the first leaf set. Fell over and died without much reason. And that's what we call evolution. Only the strong survive here! The other two are going strong, and my SD #1 is really the perfect example of what an indica leaning pheno will look like. short, squat, fat leaves, tight node spacing. It's all there.

The last set of genetics I have going currently are Winston Wolf from Doc's Dank Seeds. It's an '89 Romulan cut crossed with Bear Creek Kush. I don't know a ton about the BCK, but Romulan is a killer, and one of the parents of Space Queen. Legendary.

Feel free to leave comments, ask questions about my setup, anything you'd like!

Thanks for stopping by.

Dr toboggans world of wonders
Dr toboggans world of wonders 2
Dr toboggans world of wonders 3
Dr toboggans world of wonders 4
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. Watching that stardawg. Have some hazeman on the way. Happy grows.
Burnz

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Welcome. Watching that stardawg. Have some hazeman on the way. Happy grows.
Burnz
Nice! What Hazeman gear did you grab? I'm eyeing a few different things.

also this first SD pheno I have is already stinking up the tent and it's still in pretty early veg. no stem rub needed, straight up dank, chem, gasoline is the best way to describe it right now haha. I'm glad you're along for the ride!

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Stardawg #1 in pics 1 & 2. The stack and spacing on this one is quite impressive. This is around 5 or so weeks from seed. It isn't even over 12 inches tall yet, and it is already on its 6th or 7th node. Also, this thing is no joke aroma wise. I had to readjust the carbon filter to make sure it was working properly. This thing is smelly, and is showing no signs of slowing down. The vigor on it isn't insane like I have seen with some before, but it has been chugging along consistently.

Pic #3 is my Dosi x 9# Hammer at about 6 weeks from seed. I just topped it within the past week. I tried using some material I had around the house for LST, but it didn't work out so well. I'm gonna let them do their thing for now, but will start training soon. They all get the shake test a few times a day, make sure they're awake and building strong stems ;)

Pic #4 is my top selected Habanero so far. I have a few more going, along with a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, and some cayenne.

Screen Shot 2020 06 17 at 95626 AM
Screen Shot 2020 06 17 at 95559 AM
Screen Shot 2020 06 17 at 95612 AM
Screen Shot 2020 06 17 at 95642 AM
Last edited:
mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Oh man I’m hyped to see your grow. Your like a weed historian buddy 😁

Lmao, thanks bud! I guess I consider myself one, hahahah. My wife will tell you I know too much for my own good. I think it's just enough lol

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Little update from the garden!

First pic is Stardawg #1 post multi-top and cloning. Handling light training super well. I really have a gut feeling it's going to be a male, but has not shown any signs of early sexing. I'll be happy either way to keep it around for pollen because at this point, the carbon filter has to be on 24/7 just for this one plant in veg. It will be a specimen regardless. I'm extremely happy with it. The Stardawg #2 got a little lazy and laid down, so I facilitated and just helped train it a little. (Pic #3) Not nearly as stinky as my SD #1, but the vigor is all the same. Slow and steady.

Pic #2 is of the Winston Wolf's at around 3 or so weeks from seed. They are really doing great, and I'm probably going to flower them in their current pots.

I'm pheno hunting here, not really maximizing for yield. Just hunting some genetics down for future projects.

I topped and cloned the Dosi x 9# Hammer. Currently, it looks like Frankenstein so I'll wait until it looks a little nicer to post a picture hahaha.

Thanks for stopping by!

Screen Shot 2020 06 24 at 73101 PM
Screen Shot 2020 06 24 at 72940 PM
Screen Shot 2020 06 24 at 73142 PM

Latest posts

Top Bottom