Dragonsflame "Dude Your Drooling" under Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w lighting

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I wonder why they have dropped in the ass as your about the 5th person i know that has said they arnt filtering as well as they should..that bullshit on there part as australia has one of the biggest reserves in the world .they still state in hydro stores they are using 1.8'inch rc-4/8 pro grade particle size..
Manufacturing of everything has gone to shit. Not to mention shipping. Wanted to get a snowblower for my Kubota, went from 5k 2 years ago to 10k now, and I wouldn't recieve it until September.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ive been looking at the can fans actually..im looking into a silencer one as these phesh fans are quit noisy..the ol girl complains how noisy it is...very expensive bit of equipment
That's what I use. 10" Qmax. It's absolutely dead silent. Worth every fuckin penny if you're serious about growing

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
20220113 184802

Madmax

Madmax

Can filters are the way to go if you can afford them. I've had the same one in my shed for over 4 years, still can't smell shit outside. All i do is vacuum the pre-filter between cycles.
4 yrs shit that sounds the go..how you mentioned how you clean it reminded me when i was younger watching the ol man clean his 2 huge filters to his trucks..

Madmax

Madmax

How wides that overall.looks like it would b tight to fit in my 1.5 mtere room

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
4 yrs shit that sounds the go..how you mentioned how you clean it reminded me when i was younger watching the ol man clean his 2 huge filters to his trucks..
Yeah you always want to keep the pre-filter clean. But for real this thing has kept my yard 100% smell proof since I built the place in 2017.

I will say, I run the fan on its lowest setting and the filter can handle more. It's intentionally oversized to run slow and pull air slower than it's rated to, so it scrubby better. That is key really to killing smell. Slow the airflow and oversize the filter.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I hear ya. But how much? Lol .
They must have really gone up in price. My 10" that's good for 850cfm cost me $239 plus tax, about $275 out the door.

I thought that was expensive...
last i priced out a 24"x 6" inlet can filter at the local shop it was gonna put me out the door at right under $400. I swear that's like the magic number those fuckers try to take me for every time I'm in there. Can filter is one of the best though, only bettered by Mountain Air Filters which are even more expensive and harder to find.

But he's right Madmax. Oversize the fan and filter, and run the shit slower than you are capable of. Really been debating about upgrading to an 8" exhaust myself just so I can run it at like 40% instead of 70%. Higher efficiency overall.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
last i priced out a 24"x 6" inlet can filter at the local shop it was gonna put me out the door at right under $400. I swear that's like the magic number those fuckers try to take me for every time I'm in there. Can filter is one of the best though, only bettered by Mountain Air Filters which are even more expensive and harder to find.

But he's right Madmax. Oversize the fan and filter, and run the shit slower than you are capable of. Really been debating about upgrading to an 8" exhaust myself just so I can run it at like 40% instead of 70%. Higher efficiency overall.
Exactly. The fan lasts longer and so does the filter. Plus it's way quieter, especially when you get into the bigger ducting. And it scrubbs smell one hell of a lot better. I could have used an 8" fan in here but it would be loud and pulling hard. This 10" is so quiet you can't hear it at all outside the building, and hardly at all inside.

One thing I liked about the can fans is they have a speed control built in to them that I KNOW is going to work well with the fan. Fan speed controllers can actually cause a lot of fans to make more noise and get whinier as they slow down.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
One thing I liked about the can fans is they have a speed control built in to them that I KNOW is going to work well with the fan. Fan speed controllers can actually cause a lot of fans to make more noise and get whinier as they slow down.
That's probably my favorite thing about the AC infinity t6 i run. it's quieter than the S6 inline fan I run on the intake, and pulls double the CFM. figure i'll bump up to the T8 at some point and hopefully get rid of the "whooshing" sound. It's hard to explain to people on work calls. Tell em my place gets hella humid during the winter and my dehumidifier is just loud af. Cutting the sound of the fans out would help work stealth a ton. only problem is, i already have a 6" hole in the wall. getting that to 8" in real sheetrock, not this new powdery gypsum shit, will be a PITA.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i actually went oversize too with an 8 phresh fan rated at 720cfm and filter was 750cfm.reason i went big was that i could turn it down low to keep noise down.didnt realise they work better down low..just been trying to find a pic of my setup when i first built the room but now i know why i havnt purchased the can cause the damn thing all together wont fit..unless i put an 90 deg elbow fitting so i can put the filter on other wall .

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah i actually went oversize too with an 8 phresh fan rated at 720cfm and filter was 750cfm.reason i went big was that i could turn it down low to keep noise down.didnt realise they work better down lol..just been trying to find a pic of my setup when i first built the room but now i know why i havnt purchased the can cause the damn thing all together wont fit..unless i put an 90 deg elbow fitting so i can put the filter on other wall .
so long you use a solid ducting elbow, not flex ducting, it won't impact airflow terribly bad. it's that flex ducting that's damn noisy and really hits the efficiency of airflow. That's why they run aluminum ducting in buildings -- it's quieter and more efficient. smooth like butter ya know

Madmax

Madmax

We think alike..used 2 6' elbows for the passive setup to room should work well if they butt up..i might look at one without the flange i think would go together better.
20220114 142625
Images

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i personally wouldn't use plastic/pvc for ducting. its surface texture is rough, will create a ton of air turbulence and the turn in them is too sharp. air moving through will want to keep going straight, hit a wall, change direction and a vortex will get created right on the inside bend reducing flow efficiency. You can get proper HVAC ducting for cheaper than PVC and it's a more stepped bend and smoother texture for reduced turbulence and gentler changing of direction of airflow.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
full disclosure, i'm not hvac tech nor super knowledge in aerodynamics nor hydrodynamics. just picked some things up over almost ten years as a construction contractor and building various fast cars and other systems lol. my advice might not be correct but it makes sense to the last two cells rattling around between my ears.

Madmax

Madmax

Bastard.looks like i cant put filter on wall anyway as my bar light doest allow it unless its not put right up on ceiling but thats exactly where it is right now.i do plan on making my room bigger at some point though and that will allow me to run it straight..

Madmax

Madmax

full disclosure, i'm not hvac tech nor super knowledge in aerodynamics nor hydrodynamics. just picked some things up over almost ten years as a construction contractor and building various fast cars and other systems lol. my advice might not be correct but it makes sense to the last two cells rattling around between my ears.
It makes sense though as air will take the shortest route like how air fuel runs through a manifold..

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It makes sense though as air will take the shortest route like how air fuel runs through a manifold..
exactly. and air doesn't like rapid changes in direction, or textures (except right before an intake valve when heavily concentrated with fuel). it wants smooooooooth bends for maximum velocity.

Madmax

Madmax

Haha..well maybe i can modify my ducting lol.get the die grinder out smooth out the port 😂 i reckon i will take out too much and go into the water jackets haha..