Dragonsflame "Dude Your Drooling" under Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w lighting

• Thread starter Madmax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
haha yeah, think of running your grow space air ducting like plumbing an exhaust from the valves back to muffler/dump. smooth is key. no drastic changes. having an ugly 4-to-1 collector is way worse than a 4-to-2-to-X-to-1. it's all about letting the air move like an undisturbed lazy river. just, our velocities are significantly higher.

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Ive been looking at the can fans actually..im looking into a silencer one as these phesh fans are quit noisy..the ol girl complains how noisy it is...very expensive bit of equipment
I have the newest 6 inch phresh fan with silencer and phresh can and it runs smick
Also have the 6inch silencer fan in itself and that's super quiet too 👍

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Yes 2 weeks in Tone..so another 7 weeks and they will b close to chop.that will make 11 weeks all up .i might turn on the rapididled far red pucks to see if i can speed them up a little.i was thinking that last night to turn them on this moring but clean forgot.onset last grow was at 10 days but the buds overall still had taken awhile to finish so im not too sure if they are speeding it up much to b honest.i think its more genetic...
Gotcha cheers

Madmax

Madmax

Just looking at the weather forcast for the nxt 2 weeks..i can see why i struggle with the humidity being in an outdoor shed..daytime humidity is going to be aver 60% while nite time is 80% .thank god i have lights on through the nite 10.30pm -10.30am .before lights comes on its around 64% .through lights on can keep it hoovering round 52% at best to 60% .its going to test jeffs gals out big time.indoors is way more prone to mold than out being they have continuous air circulating better than inside where i have little margin for error in a 5x5 room,a fans only got to fuck up and im in strife..thats actually happened twice so far.i guarantee the plants outside wont get it as its real open here .went to get some nutes and thought it was fri lol..its sat ha..my excuse,i had a hit last nite for the first time in months.was racey as fuck and near kept cracking whitey's every couple minutes till it calmed down.crashed on the lounge too haha..i picked planet of the grapes a little early lol..

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

Just looking at the weather forcast for the nxt 2 weeks..i can see why i struggle with the humidity being in an outdoor shed..daytime humidity is going to be aver 60% while nite time is 80% .thank god i have lights on through the nite 10.30pm -10.30am .before lights comes on its around 64% .through lights on can keep it hoovering round 52% at best to 60% .its going to test jeffs gals out big time.indoors is way more prone to mold than out being they have continuous air circulating better than inside where i have little margin for error in a 5x5 room,a fans only got to fuck up and im in strife..thats actually happened twice so far.i guarantee the plants outside wont get it as its real open here .went to get some nutes and thought it was fri lol..its sat ha..my excuse,i had a hit last nite for the first time in months.was racey as fuck and near kept cracking whitey's every couple minutes till it calmed down.crashed on the lounge too haha..i picked planet of the grapes a little early lol..
Ya got an aircon in the shed? They are good to lower the humidity
Not sure if I seen in the thread but how many gallon/ litres are your final pot size? Cheers

Madmax

Madmax

Nar.no aircon if i had a bigger room id think about it but id have to upgrade the amps.i ran a 40 amp line from fuse box to shed.20a to shed 20a to room.using the air con would pretty much overload the line.id rather get a bigger dehuey bro.

15ltr pots (4 gals) water 3ltrs ea plant once a day around 750ml runoff.sometimes more..using cyco lite coco/perlite 70/30 .i use 10 handfulls of 70/30 to 2 handfulls of chunky perlite .i like good drainage.seems to b working well..

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

I have a fair sized dehuey and I reakon that would suck more amps than my ac
I reakon the ac is the go for summer and the dehuey for winter as it keeps things toasty
I'm in shed too with lung room on one side have the ac in there
That seems like a lot of water to me . Im using 26L geo pots and water nearly every second day with 1.5L sometimes 2L. Im in just straight coco . Lots of mixed opinions on the coco watering schedule huh

Madmax

Madmax

That makes me jealous as fuck..you got a lung room.and all the good gear lol.how bigs your dehuey ,mines only 200watt .i thought the ac would b atleast a 1000w.
I keep my dehuey on lights on so it helps heat the room up quicker for more air exchanges through lights on.i actually turned dehuey off today as it was 26deg .my waterings perfect with 25% runoff and never had a problem with salt buildup .i dont even check ec of runoff anymore which i was in 5 gals and have problems..id advise you to read Aqua Man's "How to water coco for best results" thread.sorry i cant do a sticky just type that up in the
search bar and see if you can try watering often in a smaller pot with perlite with just one plant and see the improvement..its a good read...

tobh

tobh

Supporter
wouldn't stress on jeff's gear catching any botrytis man. i've ran his shit indoors and out, and it's insane how resilient it is. Even last run with love stash during the last three or four weeks of flowers when most of the colas were laying on top of each other, essentially creating a mat of buds, I only found one bud buried in the mat that had what looked suspicious but wasn't outright bud rot.

When I ran bms and love stash outside, they both killed it despite the last couple weeks of flower getting rain dumped on them almost non-stop.

That's one of the main traits he breeds for - mold resistance. If a contender ends up with mold, it doesn't get bred with.

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

That makes me jealous as fuck..you got a lung room.and all the good gear lol.how bigs your dehuey ,mines only 200watt .i thought the ac would b atleast a 1000w.
I keep my dehuey on lights on so it helps heat the room up quicker for more air exchanges through lights on.i actually turned dehuey off today as it was 26deg .my waterings perfect with 25% runoff and never had a problem with salt buildup .i dont even check ec of runoff anymore which i was in 5 gals and have problems..id advise you to read Aqua Man's "How to water coco for best results" thread.sorry i cant do a sticky just type that up in the
search bar and see if you can try watering often in a smaller pot with perlite with just one plant and see the improvement..its a good read...
Yeah I'm lucky in the shed, wish I could do it inside !
I'll grab some info off dehuey today and the Ac and let you know. I have checked before but can't remember off the top of my head. I have upgraded to a 3.9kw ac now which is the bomb, the 1.6 didn't cut it. Electricity bill will be interesting next time round but I don't use them a great deal only if the shed reaches 29 degrees I'll flick the ac on. I was freaked when I checked Ro from coco was well over at around 1200ppm but shop guy says don't worry about it. I have read that thread from Aqua and a fair few others on watering with coco but just sticking to one watering roughly every 2 days . It seemed to work well last time only crop fucked up due to me not covering powerboard light ( 1 plant turned the others Hermy) I started from bag seed either cheese or amnesia. So it may have even been genetic. But yeah I've read some people do the frequent feed of a few shots a day, or feed daily but I just found watering daily was not needed as it would be wet constantly I like to see a bit of dry back . You could say I'm taking the stick ya finger into the medium upto ya first knuckle if she's dry water if not don't water. Next time round I'll experiment with 1 plant see if there's any diffrence

CreekWolf

CreekWolf

@Madmax 720w for the deheuy and a huge 1500w on the AC!!!!! Sheesh lucky I got solar panels on here, I'd definitely use the air conditioner more than the dehuey though as the dehuey puts of too much heat, thinking it's gonna be my best friend in winter running leds

chemistry

chemistry

I find 60% humidity if fine, but if it reaches 70% then I'm dead in the water. This is why I'm having problems, if I don't let enough air in my grow space, then the humidity goes tits up, but if I speed up my extraction, cold is sucked through the house from outdoors, but where as I don't mind a bit of a chill, the plants do. lol

Madmax

Madmax

@Madmax 720w for the deheuy and a huge 1500w on the AC!!!!! Sheesh lucky I got solar panels on here, I'd definitely use the air conditioner more than the dehuey though as the dehuey puts of too much heat, thinking it's gonna be my best friend in winter running leds
It certainly will b .its one tool of the job i cant do without..what is the brand of your humidifier bro..makes mine look like a baby.

Madmax

Madmax

I find 60% humidity if fine, but if it reaches 70% then I'm dead in the water. This is why I'm having problems, if I don't let enough air in my grow space, then the humidity goes tits up, but if I speed up my extraction, cold is sucked through the house from outdoors, but where as I don't mind a bit of a chill, the plants do. lol
Near the opposite happening here.fans up near flat stick to keep it at bay and the temp of room sitting on 25dg celcius .if i slow it down up she goes up and sits around 65% ..i dred these downpours we get here.we have had a wet summer.normally the grass is dead this time of year instead shes still green.would of been a perfect year for a bumper crop out the scrub.

Last edited:
Chem77

Chem77

I have a few friends that moved their grow from their house to their barns/sheds. They have all said it’s much harder to grow in than their controlled environment of their house. Nice work Max!

Madmax

Madmax

Id kill for an in house grow.problem wouldnt even exist but if i can build a lung room adjacent to it , id b grinning..its all bloody money..it never stops lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have a few friends that moved their grow from their house to their barns/sheds. They have all said it’s much harder to grow in than their controlled environment of their house. Nice work Max!
I actually find it easier to grow in my shed than in the house. I've always found it far easier to tune an entire building in terms of environment than to create a microclimate inside of another building. Also easier to use treatments like a sulphur burner, and its safer for running Co2 if that's what you do..

What I dislike is the lack of convenience. Having to go outside for a short walk to look at the plants in the winter is not as simple as just popping downstairs to have a look.

Makes a big difference too if the outbuilding is properly insulated and adequately wired. If not, that is step one to growing in an outbuilding successfully.

Chem77

Chem77

I actually find it easier to grow in my shed than in the house. I've always found it far easier to tune an entire building in terms of environment than to create a microclimate inside of another building. Also easier to use treatments like a sulphur burner, and its safer for running Co2 if that's what you do..

What I dislike is the lack of convenience. Having to go outside for a short walk to look at the plants in the winter is not as simple as just popping downstairs to have a look.

Makes a big difference too if the outbuilding is properly insulated and adequately wired. If not, that is step one to growing in an outbuilding successfully.
We get a lot of climate change here, with big humidity swings. Most houses are controlled by central air keeping a 50’s to 60% humidity, where as outside could be 90% humidity. Having every tool for the job helps tremendously here.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
We get a lot of climate change here, with big humidity swings. Most houses are controlled by central air keeping a 50’s to 60% humidity, where as outside could be 90% humidity. Having every tool for the job helps tremendously here.
We do here too, sits 90-100%RH in the winter and goes down to <30% in the summer.
I just find environmental conditioning units like dehumidifiers, humidifiers, air conditioning etc seem to work better and are easier to dial in on a larger scale, applied to a large room or building, as opposed to trying to condition air inside a lung room to be fed into a tent using smaller systems for example.

Just the way I've always grown I think, it's just easier for me personally.