Drainage question from a newb...plz help

• Thread starter CannabinoidCarson33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

Hello growers..
I'm working with 6 plants in a 4×4 tent in 7 gal fabric pots (35% perlite, 65% soil) and bought plant saucers to sit under my plants and catch the runoff...
My problem is, I'm a FIRST time grower and didn't realize that the runoff gets rid of buildup and allows the soil to kind of "wash itself out" and now im concerned that the buildup in the runoff will just soak back into the plant and kill it.
As of now, they are doing okay but im looking for expert help on if its mandatory or necessary for me to lift em up to finish the last 2 months of the grow...The only reason im not wanting to lift em is because they are in the middle of growing into the scrog net and I was trying not to mess with them...

Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

If the do need to be lifted, what the hell should I use?! 7 gal fabric pots with 16inch saucers underneath...

THX!! IDK WHY I DIDNT THINK TO RAISE EM BEFORE HAND...🤦🏼LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS!
Drainage question from a newbplz help
Drainage question from a newbplz help 2

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

What should I do?! Lift, not lift??? With the net up it's going to be pretty hard but I can pull it off if needed. I just dont know what to use to lift em!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dont know the answer to your issue, but if you do need to lift them, you can get a cookie cooling rack and put it between the saucer and the pot bottom. that would just lift a tiny bit, but the pot bottom could breathe and not sit in moisture. walmart has them, and not too much money

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use these 1 inch foam blocks under mine, for run off and for leveling canopy lol just tilt one side of the pot up high enough for a block or piece of whatever u can use then repeat on other side
20210316 131435

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

You can put ping pong balls in the saucer and then put the plant on top. Idr who I saw do that but it was on here. Lol
I started doing it too. That way my plants don’t sit in the water and I can turn the plants easy. I don’t use a trellis because of this reason. I just use Bamboo sticks if I need to hold em up but usually my lst during veg usually take care of the spacing between buds anyways. Lol

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

You can put ping pong balls in the saucer and then put the plant on top. Idr who I saw do that but it was on here. Lol
I started doing it too. That way my plants don’t sit in the water and I can turn the plants easy. I don’t use a trellis because of this reason. I just use Bamboo sticks if I need to hold em up but usually my lst during veg usually take care of the spacing between buds anyways. Lol

Bro, that is the friggin BEST idea I've heard on this site yet!
I sat here and was trying to think of a way to pull it off, BUT CAME NOWHERE CLOSE TO THIS BRILLIANT IDEA! Wow, thank you man!

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

i dont know the answer to your issue, but if you do need to lift them, you can get a cookie cooling rack and put it between the saucer and the pot bottom. that would just lift a tiny bit, but the pot bottom could breathe and not sit in moisture. walmart has them, and not too much money

Awesome idea, that would do the trick PERFECTLY and they are cheap and easy to find. Thanks bro!

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

When I water my scrog, I sponge out the excess. You can use a wet vac too.
Or, you could lift them above the tray on some kind of grate; something like this next time.
Damn that looks like a great little setup! Im wondering if i could pull off lifting em' enough ro do this while keeping the net on...
I guess we will see! Lol

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

When I water my scrog, I sponge out the excess. You can use a wet vac too.
Or, you could lift them above the tray on some kind of grate; something like this next time.
I also see you have a unique sticky trap setup going...May I ask what you dod there? Looks cool!

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

I use these 1 inch foam blocks under mine, for run off and for leveling canopy lol just tilt one side of the pot up high enough for a block or piece of whatever u can use then repeat on other sideView attachment 1107963
That is such a quick and easy way to get them off the floor, thanks so much! Those babies are wasting NO energy on lower growth! Lookin great!

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Thanks man your pants look good too bud. yea the blocks I had laying around taking up space so I put em to use lol use what ya got if u can kinda deal

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
hmmm... i was thinking about this, and watering some houseplants when i realized that for my dieffenbachia i put gravel in the dish then the pot on top of that, so it never sits in water, its picky that way. so maybe toss some gravel in the saucer and that would work and free and easy!

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

LmAo, I though you cut strips from a sheet and made those yourself. Wish I had seen those before I bought the sheets!

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

hmmm... i was thinking about this, and watering some houseplants when i realized that for my dieffenbachia i put gravel in the dish then the pot on top of that, so it never sits in water, its picky that way. so maybe toss some gravel in the saucer and that would work and free and easy!
Gravel is such a cheap and easy fix. Thank you!

weed_weasel

weed_weasel

Hello growers..
I'm working with 6 plants in a 4×4 tent in 7 gal fabric pots (35% perlite, 65% soil) and bought plant saucers to sit under my plants and catch the runoff...
My problem is, I'm a FIRST time grower and didn't realize that the runoff gets rid of buildup and allows the soil to kind of "wash itself out" and now im concerned that the buildup in the runoff will just soak back into the plant and kill it.
As of now, they are doing okay but im looking for expert help on if its mandatory or necessary for me to lift em up to finish the last 2 months of the grow...The only reason im not wanting to lift em is because they are in the middle of growing into the scrog net and I was trying not to mess with them...

Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

If the do need to be lifted, what the hell should I use?! 7 gal fabric pots with 16inch saucers underneath...

THX!! IDK WHY I DIDNT THINK TO RAISE EM BEFORE HAND...🤦🏼LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS!

I use these pot elevators, they work great. Get someone to slide them in when you lift the pots, won't have to lift much.

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

I use these pot elevators, they work great. Get someone to slide them in when you lift the pots, won't have to lift much.
Dude those are PERFECT but cost like 17$ EACH! I just cant imagine paying over 100$ for plant raisers but maybe I need to step up my game...
I actually found about 12 golf balls in my closet and found those to work GREAT! I can turn the plant as needed and its raised above the water nicely...
I ordered a pack of 60 ping pong balls to raise thr others for 10$, I think it will work well. Thank you SO MUCH for the advice and reply! I really appreciate it!

Grownup

Grownup

if you can manage to lift them use turkey baster to suck up run off .I've been told if I use organic nutes there is no need to flush.
IMG 20210430 085452209
it's slow but it gets the job done

Top Bottom