Drainage question from a newb...plz help

• Thread starter CannabinoidCarson33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Just be careful turning your plants once they grow into the trellis. I’m a new grower as well and if there’s a possible mistake to make growing, I’m going to make it. I messed up my roots by turning the pots messing with run off. Heartbreaking :/

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

You can put ping pong balls in the saucer and then put the plant on top. Idr who I saw do that but it was on here. Lol
I started doing it too. That way my plants don’t sit in the water and I can turn the plants easy. I don’t use a trellis because of this reason. I just use Bamboo sticks if I need to hold em up but usually my lst during veg usually take care of the spacing between buds anyways. Lol
It was gnick55 and it was golf balls i too commented on it as drainage balls yet nick mentioned that it makes it easier to rotate the plant.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Hello growers..
I'm working with 6 plants in a 4×4 tent in 7 gal fabric pots (35% perlite, 65% soil) and bought plant saucers to sit under my plants and catch the runoff...
My problem is, I'm a FIRST time grower and didn't realize that the runoff gets rid of buildup and allows the soil to kind of "wash itself out" and now im concerned that the buildup in the runoff will just soak back into the plant and kill it.
As of now, they are doing okay but im looking for expert help on if its mandatory or necessary for me to lift em up to finish the last 2 months of the grow...The only reason im not wanting to lift em is because they are in the middle of growing into the scrog net and I was trying not to mess with them...

Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

If the do need to be lifted, what the hell should I use?! 7 gal fabric pots with 16inch saucers underneath...

THX!! IDK WHY I DIDNT THINK TO RAISE EM BEFORE HAND...🤦🏼LIVE AND LEARN I GUESS!
View attachment 1107960View attachment 1107961
Get some SLF-100. Then no need to feed to runoff or flush for salts just at finish. My whole run this run I haven’t flushed once

9493AB14 9F93 470D 82D7 D8552FD45499
A314EE90 8BC6 41C8 9D1D 4408FCC25627
Top Bottom