Drastic change in fan leaf color (dark green --> light green). Problem or normal?

• Thread starter Sauromayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sauromayne

Zkittlez Auto, Fast Buds, Day 69 from seed. Been in flower since around day 35 (34 days flower)

In the first picture (taken 2/26), you can see the fan leaves are a much darker shade of green compared to the rest of the pictures (taken today). Is this because flowering is getting close to finished and the leaves are starting to change color? Or could this be because of some sort of issue I have?

The yellow spotting is likely from a nutrient issue but I don't have PPM meter to test it. I am so close to the end I am just going to save my money for now and wait for my next grow so I can get a quality meter. Any help with the current status of my plant would be really helpful. This is my first grow and it seems like I am close to the finish line, just want to make sure I don't screw up anything at the very end.

Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal
Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal 2
Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal 3
Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal 4
Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal 5
Drastic change in fan leaf color dark green    light green problem or normal 6
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Zkittlez Auto, Fast Buds, Day 69 from seed. Been in flower since around day 35 (34 days flower)

In the first picture (taken 2/26), you can see the fan leaves are a much darker shade of green compared to the rest of the pictures (taken today). Is this because flowering is getting close to finished and the leaves are starting to change color? Or could this be because of some sort of issue I have?

The yellow spotting is likely from a nutrient issue but I don't have PPM meter to test it. I am so close to the end I am just going to save my money for now and wait for my next grow so I can get a quality meter. Any help with the current status of my plant would be really helpful. This is my first grow and it seems like I am close to the finish line, just want to make sure I don't screw up anything at the very end.
What are you growing in ? The medium looks dry, what are your watering practices?

S

Sauromayne

What are you growing in ? The medium looks dry, what are your watering practices?
FF happy frog potting soil only. You are right it was a bit dry, I ended up watering it today around 4 hours ago. Usually I go through a couple gallons a week, I have been letting the soil dry and watering until runoff (usually 3 days, but lately she been thirsty). My water is gallon distilled with cup of tap, pH to 6.2.

Do you think it could be an under watering issue?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

FF happy frog potting soil only. You are right it was a bit dry, I ended up watering it today around 4 hours ago. Usually I go through a couple gallons a week, I have been letting the soil dry and watering until runoff (usually 3 days, but lately she been thirsty). My water is gallon distilled with cup of tap, pH to 6.2.

Do you think it could be an under watering issue?
I’m not much of a soil guy so I’m not sure if you should be watering more or not. Have you been feeding it anything?

S

Sauromayne

I’m not much of a soil guy so I’m not sure if you should be watering more or not. Have you been feeding it anything?
I have been using these. Just using the flower blend now. I didn't give any for 2 weeks because I thought I had given too much with the yellow spotting. I did give a half dose today though after watering.

Screenshot 20220305 204718
F

FutureFarmer

I think that could be one of two things my friend. I am not familiar with the entirety of your grow but I believe those spots come from either heat stress. A particularly hot day or maybe you lowered your lights. Could be humidity or air circulation as well. From what I see it looks like you have a great setup and the bud is beautiful. Second thing I believe it could be is Low Ph at the roots. Have you checked your PH lately? Could be low PH causing a calcium deficiency late in this stage. Overall plant looks great buddy and I think you'll be fine.

Top Bottom