Drastic pheno differences

• Thread starter Nick420man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nick420man

Nick420man

T.h.seeds French macaron. Day 3 of flower.
Drastic pheno differences
Drastic pheno differences 2
Drastic pheno differences 3

One is huge with large thick branches and a wide growth to match, the other small and slightly thinner branches with far more aide shoot activity. Quite interesting. I excited to see what the flowers on each of these phenos look like. Stay tuned and please feel free to drop some advice

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

T.h.seeds French macaron. Day 3 of flower. View attachment 982495View attachment 982496View attachment 982497
View attachment 982498
One is huge with large thick branches and a wide growth to match, the other small and slightly thinner branches with far more aide shoot activity. Quite interesting. I excited to see what the flowers on each of these phenos look like. Stay tuned and please feel free to drop some advice
Looking forward to watching these grow. I’m fascinated by this plants strains and their phenos.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
We are all getting terms mixed up. Your talking about genotype and phenotype is the environmental changes. Genotype is the genetic variations of 2 parent plants...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
But you got some great looking ladies! Ive seen the same strain grown in two different place and it looked different most of it was different. If you do an indoor you can dial in the pheno with temp control, humidity control, light intensity, medium composition, fertilizer regiments, aerobic and anaerobic, the list goes on. But the genetic variations between seeds is what we are all looking for. And selective breeding and knowledge of selection in breeding gives us those amazing regular strain that will pop 100 all the same genotype every time...

FourthCity

FourthCity

T.h.seeds French macaron. Day 3 of flower. View attachment 982495View attachment 982496View attachment 982497
View attachment 982498
I dont think it is that unusual. It can come down to what you are growing, the more difference there is between the two parent strains the greater the variation will be among its offspring.
We are all getting terms mixed up. Your talking about genotype and phenotype is the environmental changes. Genotype is the genetic variations of 2 parent plants...
No, phenotype is a broader term that includes genotypes as part of its definition, I think the op was using it correctly.

Phenotype (from Greek pheno-, meaning 'showing', and type, meaning 'type') is the term used in genetics for the composite observable characteristics or traits of an organism. The term covers the organism's morphology or physical form and structure, its developmental processes, its biochemical and physiological properties, its behavior, and the products of behavior. An organism's phenotype results from two basic factors: the expression of an organism's genetic code, or its genotype, and the influence of environmental factors. Both factors may interact, further affecting phenotype.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I dont think it is that unusual. It can come down to what you are growing, the more difference there is between the two parent strains the greater the variation will be among its offspring.

No, phenotype is a broader term that includes genotypes as part of its definition, I think the op was using it correctly.

Phenotype (from Greek pheno-, meaning 'showing', and type, meaning 'type') is the term used in genetics for the composite observable characteristics or traits of an organism. The term covers the organism's morphology or physical form and structure, its developmental processes, its biochemical and physiological properties, its behavior, and the products of behavior. An organism's phenotype results from two basic factors: the expression of an organism's genetic code, or its genotype, and the influence of environmental factors. Both factors may interact, further affecting phenotype.

Phenotype noun definition = the set of observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment.

Genotype noun definition = the genetic constitution of an individual organism.

I read the Wikipedia thing but I don't vibe with it. When I read the dictionary definitions I vibed with them more.

The discription on most breeders pages is the geno they consider the winner. Proabably not their personal cut but as close to that as they can get without giving away their special fire.

Both are valid in their own way. But we have no base zero for pheno temps and environment ferts etc...

But the question remain in a breed does the pheno characteristics stay in the plant or is it always the same geno and the pheno changes things... But can't carry over in seeds....

Ive had the same strains grown by different companies and they were different experiences...

So in use according to my google search.. I would say I have the It geno of 9lbs hammer and the pheno changes. With each season. Do you get what I'm saying because its the same cut from the original seed pack but each season the flavors and look is changed a bit due to the weather, but the base expression is the geno the it, geno as described on leafly... This last season smells more like afgoo then the last 5yrs, that sweet grapy thing. All no till bubble teas and consistent like hitting the number 5 on a calculator with good batteries and software...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter

You may ask what brought you to your conclusion of understanding... Kauai electric two different geno types and some 9lb hammer.... I was super toasted and in that great head space after watching timpool podcast timcastirl and I was like dude I need to double check my terms cuz according to my high and combined with intuition I have never used the word pheno correctly. I might have even been corrected once or twice in the past but until I was kauai electric high x 9lb hammer high with the tim pool cross I wasn't sure. But I want my book to be loved and a success and show I'm not just a fucking idiot who is just talking out my ass and that my weed is better then most out there and I'm not a glory hog I'm just fucking honest if it was shit high n taste I would say it even if I spent a yr growing it. Honestly integrity to the best of my being at that moment right.

But the word pheno for some reason just sounds better to most of our ears..
So its the 9lb hammer "it" geno, 2020 short season pheno.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
A genotype is an organism’s complete set of heritable genes, or genes that can be passed down from parents to offspring. These genes help encode the characteristics that are physically expressed in an organism, such as hair color, height, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genotype

So the pheno changes would be terps and other cannbinoids I assume their concentration levels. Colors effects... What do you think.. Are pheno changes we can observe

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Do genos change due to pheno situations? Another good question

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter

"
genotype (G) + environment (E) + genotype and environment interactions (GE) = phenotype (P)

"

Last edited:
jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
If your a big breeder you can buy a machine that tell you the genetic code of the plants, take a picture of the seed and the plant throughout growth and be able to tell us with the strain has a geno of color like purple with out the cold! The future... Anyone want to invest in a middle age amateur breeder lol we could revolutionize the industry.... Some guy out of left is all is he taling about making fem seeds...lol

Top Bottom