Dreadlocks

• Thread starter index
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Joker

The Joker

I knew a bunch of guys from Brooklyn who became Pseudofarians. One day out of no where, they lost their New York accents and started speaking with a Jamaican accent! That was in the 80's. There was a scene connected to NYC and Woodstock that connected lots of subculture hippy stuff. Since then, I've lived in SF and some of those people live here. Just saying what I saw, as the 20 somethings did not outgrow the slacker lifestyle and got older...
They all became... health food store employees, bar backs, pot dealers, slackers. They do the minimum to get by. Tried to get a few of them good paying jobs over the years, but they say things like: I don't like to get up early, I need to get paid to go to work.... It's hard to get up early when you wake and bake and then stay baked every day.

If you went to see your doctor and she came in looking like she slept in her clothes and had dreads and red eyes, would you question her ability to diagnose you? Just sayin. However, if she was teaching a yoga class, that would be great.

It is a slacker uniform. Conformity to an old idea. It's a hot, hair hat.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

I knew a bunch of guys from Brooklyn who became Pseudofarians. One day out of no where, they lost their New York accents and started speaking with a Jamaican accent! That was in the 80's. There was a scene connected to NYC and Woodstock that connected lots of subculture hippy stuff. Since then, I've lived in SF and some of those people live here. Just saying what I saw, as the 20 somethings did not outgrow the slacker lifestyle and got older...
They all became... health food store employees, bar backs, pot dealers, slackers. They do the minimum to get by. Tried to get a few of them good paying jobs over the years, but they say things like: I don't like to get up early, I need to get paid to go to work.... It's hard to get up early when you wake and bake and then stay baked every day.

If you went to see your doctor and she came in looking like she slept in her clothes and had dreads and red eyes, would you question her ability to diagnose you? Just sayin. However, if she was teaching a yoga class, that would be great.

It is a slacker uniform. Conformity to an old idea. It's a hot, hair hat.
boh boh! nuff disrespect ya bombaclaat baldhead!;)

neverbreak

neverbreak

A year ago when i started locking my hair again it was about 8 or 9”, right now my locks are about 6” long

exactly bro, they shrink then they grow. can take more than a year actually. my ex had the same length dreads for more than 2 years as they grew at the same speed that they shrunk. eventually they began to grow.

neverbreak

Latest posts

Top Bottom