Driver Repair / or upgrade?

• Thread starter M0nStarNuggety
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Hi there, I have an OhMaxx oh-gl-024. I had bumped the light the other day, and watched in horror as it swung and the hit wall. I was able to grab it in time to stop any more wild swinging. But it appears that knocked a row of chips out.
Driver repair  or upgrade

This was flowering my autos and only couple weeks till finish.
So yay me I had to switch out with my other light rig ( 8- hlg qb132 3000k).
I could have probably finished the run but was interested in running the QB rig, as I just finished it up and have not used it yet. And having those out would drive me slowly insane.
Now here I sit trying to track down components. I have checked wiring and all seems intact. Not the most efficient set up but as this monster was FREE to me from a tradeshow display, I can not complain.
Driver repair  or upgrade 2

Driver repair  or upgrade 3

I tracked issue down to single driver. Seems that when it hit the wall, it dislodged an isolator on the circuit board. Solder is good but the center post in between windings is loose.
Driver repair  or upgrade 4
Driver repair  or upgrade 5

I am having a hell of a time trying to track down an exact replacement.

This is a little tricky since they use multiple style chips on these. And it is 3 boards together on a single sink.
So I am throwing around ideas.
- Should I deconstruct this and make a new fixture and add a few QBs into the mix?
- Should I try and repair if replacement can be found?
- Should I keep fixture and remove drivers, run the red and blue on new separate drivers to keep control of spectrum?
As I have not found reviews or anyone running this brand fixture I am having some difficulty.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
For many LED companies, they will have the oversea repair centers and warehouses. You could get the relative info about the light and company on Google, contact them ask for help and the replacement, I see that they offer 3 years warranty.
Hope you can work out it soon, and start the growing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom