Drones over Cali

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

So I just read a crazy disturbing article about how LA county recorded the whole 10 sq mile municipality of compton via drone back in 2012 with noones permission. The technology doesnt have to be watched live they can go back at anytime and zoom in anywhere In compton and see what was going on, on every corner, every minute of the day. Its kind of crazy my boy was a huge conspiracy theorist and he talked about the eye in the sky back in 2005 and I just laughed at him. Talk about foot in my mouth now..

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...urveillance-of-compton-to-big-brother/360954/

sixstring

sixstring

Game of drones?

:)
they got em now where you can take it on vacation with you and fly overhead at the beach and stream live vid of your family on vacation to facefuck or youtube....or just peep all the bikinis lol.great idea, let the thieves know your out of town haha.wait till one falls out of the sky and cuts up some kid of the beach.

urban1026835

urban1026835

FB people are crazy they show you every aspect of their life and then when there not home they let you know...it blows my mind how unsafe people are with that let alone if someone is trying to pry.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I just read on another site how anyone can now own this technology with a go pro camera hooked to it for like 1500-2000 bucks,they even use fpv glasses to fly them as if they are actually onboard,i think its called first person video or FPV.Check it out,
They also have GPS built into them so if you fly out of range of your controls they will automatically come back and land where it took off from.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I just read on another site how anyone can now own this technology with a go pro camera hooked to it for like 1500-2000 bucks,they even use fpv glasses to fly them as if they are actually onboard,i think its called first person video or FPV.Check it out,
They also have GPS built into them so if you fly out of range of your controls they will automatically come back and land where it took off from.
That is so badass!

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya Facebook is big brothers wet dream, what worries me is when the generations who use facebook and broadcast their lives get older and have kids and the whole society is used to publicizing their whole life, that being spied on seems like normal life to them. Theres nothing we can do about it but sit back and enjoy life and hold on for the ride. Man wtf now I want a drone to watch my outdoor come harvest time!!! attach little beebee guns to it and just swoop down like PEW PEW PEW!!! then fly off. Sounds better than xbox1 or ps4 combined.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ive heard rumors of drones being used by rippers up in nor cal but i also know the cops use them up there too(standard gear for all LEO now) so how would you know whos who?The other thread that i got that youtube video from was started by a guy who had a drone follow his fishing boat out of san diego,both Fish and game and border patrol/ice use them down there but once again how do you know whos who?I watched a guy from a real estate firm use one to take aerial pics of a house awhile back too.They are becoming so common that the FAA is considering regulating them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They're now being used to amazing results by archaeologists.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That makes perfect sense sea and i think they are a fantastic tool just not for spying on folks or blowing people up.I guess just like a gun or a hammer or a screwdriver its the operator behind it and his morality that determines if its used for good or bad.Folks are already trying to capitalize on the issue,.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Lancaster revealed on Thursday its newest crime fighting tool that provides a bird's eye view of the city.

The new surveillance system is a specially equipped plane that will give Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies an aerial vantage point.

This new tool will be useful for the city, especially because the town is so large and spread out and law enforcement officials just can't be everywhere at once.

The technology, called the Law Enforcement Aerial Platform System (LEAPS), will be attached to the underbelly of a single-engine Cessna. LEAPS is basically a radar system, and it will provide deputies with a sprawling view of criminal activity and provide information they just cannot get from the ground.

Also, LEAPS will be invaluable when it comes to natural disasters like fires or earthquakes, where an aerial view can assess damage and help with rescues.

The tool has similar capabilities as drones, which are used by the military to scan warzones and transmit live video from the battle field. However, the difference is that drones are remote controlled, whereas the LEAPS technology will be attached to a plane that will have a Los Angeles County deputy inside.

Though the LEAPS camera isn't as strong as the ones on military drones, it can still zoom in on a person walking on the street from more than three miles away even in the dark.

Some residents and civil rights groups have expressed privacy concerns, but officials assure that LEAPS will not be used to spy on neighborhoods.

"The people saying that have an imagination of what they think it is. And you know, they watch '24 Hour' and they think it's like that. That's not what this is. This is a system that has been cut down do meet the needs of law enforcement and at the same time safeguard privacy and I think we've successfully done that," said Lancaster Mayor R. Rex Parris.

The current plan is to have LEAPS up in the air for 10 hours a day at the cost of $300 per hour, which adds up to about $90,000 per month or more than $1 million per year. Though the city is cash-strapped, city officials say this technology is a necessity and they hope it lowers the city's crime rate, which has spiked recently.

(Copyright ©2014 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

All the LEO pilots are scared as fuck for their jobs chalky.I mentioned another thread at another site earlier and one of the posters there is a highway patrol pilot and hes invested heavily in this tech and trying to master it so when they quit using human pilots he can hopefully transition over as apparently they can save 75%+ over the cost of a human piloted full size aircraft by using a UAV.Also if your around that lancaster area im sure you see the blue/white CHP cessna over the 14 all the time,that plane has had the LEAPS system in it for a couple years,saw it at the big bear air show a couple years ago,lots of PD's use that tech.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Spent about 4 hours researching these FPV's yesterday, forums, bought a book and spoke with a retailer. Going to get one built asap, just about the coolest thing I've ever seen!

sixstring

sixstring

Spent about 4 hours researching these FPV's yesterday, forums, bought a book and spoke with a retailer. Going to get one built asap, just about the coolest thing I've ever seen!
i know,after seeing that video i watched about 2 hours of vids from those same guys lol.cool shit,my old lady would kill me if i took up that lil hobby :(

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

BIG BROTHER! Yeah....it's getting worse and worse. There is NO SUCH thing as privacy anymore. There are camera's at all the major intersections in Compton. Lynwood even has signs about the camera surveillance. LA is literally becoming a police state. Can't wait to head for the hills.

I have quite a few friends who have quads and go pros. One friend is a photographer and he is getting some INSANE pics off the Santa Cruz coast. If I ever did something like that I would want of these for my GoPro though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

i know,after seeing that video i watched about 2 hours of vids from those same guys lol.cool shit,my old lady would kill me if i took up that lil hobby :(
BIG BROTHER! Yeah....it's getting worse and worse. There is NO SUCH thing as privacy anymore. There are camera's at all the major intersections in Compton. Lynwood even has signs about the camera surveillance. LA is literally becoming a police state. Can't wait to head for the hills.

I have quite a few friends who have quads and go pros. One friend is a photographer and he is getting some INSANE pics off the Santa Cruz coast. If I ever did something like that I would want of these for my GoPro though.

LOL, that cat copter is hilarious....

Check this video out, this is the one i'm working on building:

squiggly

squiggly

The only issue I have with conspiracy theorists is that they make a jump in logic from the system being fucked up to an absolute need to combat the system from outside of it.

History shows clearly, without reservation, that change must come from within.

Apart from this one failure in their logic, they typically come up with some fairly realistic issues. Kolah is a guy who, despite our disagreements over the years, actually comes up with quite a few interesting conspiracy theories (or rather, reports them here).

It's hard to know which direction to move in, frankly--and it'll be hard to tell which way is the right way in the immediate sense, because these things move in baby steps.

I've thrown my lot in with democrats, mostly because I figure if I'm going to lose my freedom I'd rather lose it to an overall secular worldview as opposed to the bible being codified into legislation. I've read the bible. I've followed it--it didn't work for me.

Apart from that there are two other reasons why I throw my lot in with them:

1. I find very often Republicans paying lip service to this idea of "government overreach" and then turning around and fervently supporting these VERY types of programs (and their secrecy--look at some of the congressional oversight hearings looking to declassify CIA and NSA reports and see which congressmen are defending their right to secrecy the most). This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

2. Supreme court justices appointed by Republicans have, historically, participated in more of the erosion of freedom and inclusion in this country. You might disagree, but this is the way I see it.

I think by now it's pretty clear that we're not going to get anywhere if we don't, as a nation, pick a horse and run with it.

I'd rather we pick one now while the races are still competetive. In about 25-30 years we're going to be witnessing the end of the GOP, and if you're worried that they're shuffling in puppets now--imagine how easy it will be when one party has a virtually unopposed stranglehold on elections.

On the other hand, the Republican party strikes me as the party where it's a bit easier to elect every day Americans (even though it rarely happens--it seems easier here), and that could be a way to get a sensible foot in the door. That's gonna have to come with a big turnaround from them on race relations, immigration, and entitlement though. I'm just not sure if its possible at this point.

Drones in the sky? Scary.

Pretending we can fix it without playing the game? Even scarier, to me. It's that type of thinking that got us to this point, and it's not the right way to pull us back from it.

Until more than 50% of the voting population is ACTUALLY VOTING--we're never gonna have a chance to see the type of turnaround on this shit that we deserve. Sad but true. Libertarianism is not the answer.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The only issue I have with conspiracy theorists is that they make a jump in logic from the system being fucked up to an absolute need to combat the system from outside of it.

History shows clearly, without reservation, that change must come from within.

Apart from this one failure in their logic, they typically come up with some fairly realistic issues. Kolah is a guy who, despite our disagreements over the years, actually comes up with quite a few interesting conspiracy theories (or rather, reports them here).

It's hard to know which direction to move in, frankly--and it'll be hard to tell which way is the right way in the immediate sense, because these things move in baby steps.

I've thrown my lot in with democrats, mostly because I figure if I'm going to lose my freedom I'd rather lose it to an overall secular worldview as opposed to the bible being codified into legislation. I've read the bible. I've followed it--it didn't work for me.

Apart from that there are two other reasons why I throw my lot in with them:

1. I find very often Republicans paying lip service to this idea of "government overreach" and then turning around and fervently supporting these VERY types of programs (and their secrecy--look at some of the congressional oversight hearings looking to declassify CIA and NSA reports and see which congressmen are defending their right to secrecy the most). This doesn't pass the smell test for me.

2. Supreme court justices appointed by Republicans have, historically, participated in more of the erosion of freedom and inclusion in this country. You might disagree, but this is the way I see it.

I think by now it's pretty clear that we're not going to get anywhere if we don't, as a nation, pick a horse and run with it.

I'd rather we pick one now while the races are still competetive. In about 25-30 years we're going to be witnessing the end of the GOP, and if you're worried that they're shuffling in puppets now--imagine how easy it will be when one party has a virtually unopposed stranglehold on elections.

On the other hand, the Republican party strikes me as the party where it's a bit easier to elect every day Americans (even though it rarely happens--it seems easier here), and that could be a way to get a sensible foot in the door. That's gonna have to come with a big turnaround from them on race relations, immigration, and entitlement though. I'm just not sure if its possible at this point.

Drones in the sky? Scary.

Pretending we can fix it without playing the game? Even scarier, to me. It's that type of thinking that got us to this point, and it's not the right way to pull us back from it.

Until more than 50% of the voting population is ACTUALLY VOTING--we're never gonna have a chance to see the type of turnaround on this shit that we deserve. Sad but true. Libertarianism is not the answer.
This is one of the very RARE occasions where I feel I have to disagree with you Squiggly. I don't see EITHER horse as being a viable option for the United States. POLITICIANS, who are in the whole LAWYERS (Liars), do NOT give a shit about any of us. Corporations control the politicians. Plain and simple. Until we get lobbying outlawed NO CHANGE will take place. Want to see a glimpse into the future? Watch Continuum, a Canadian series. Don't pay attention to the time travel bit....pay attention to what the "Terrorist Organization" is fighting for....and what the main character is coming to grips with as she uncovers more and more of the truth.

The two party system left us a LONG time ago sir.

squiggly

squiggly

This is one of the very RARE occasions where I feel I have to disagree with you Squiggly. I don't see EITHER horse as being a viable option for the United States. POLITICIANS, who are in the whole LAWYERS (Liars), do NOT give a shit about any of us. Corporations control the politicians. Plain and simple. Until we get lobbying outlawed NO CHANGE will take place. Want to see a glimpse into the future? Watch Continuum, a Canadian series. Don't pay attention to the time travel bit....pay attention to what the "Terrorist Organization" is fighting for....and what the main character is coming to grips with as she uncovers more and more of the truth.

The two party system left us a LONG time ago sir.

And that's the problem. You see neither one of these as viable solutions.

Where does that leave us?

If people continue to abandon the parties without meaningfully organizing themselves, all it does is empower the parties even more (as we whittle them down to their bare bones supporters).

To combat something you must understand it. If these parties really wield all the power people claim, then what's the alternative? Rolling over and dying as a country?

You're entitled to your opinion and your prerogative is your own--but I'm not gonna just sit here and watch the erosion take place. If you bring me a viable third party, I'd jump on the bandwagon faster than you could say pot--but the reality is there exists no such party.

People want to exit the political landscape because they don't like it, and they sit behind their keyboards and bitch. It helps nothing. While I find libertarianism is an even WORSE alternative to either of the two major parties, I commend the people gathering behind that movement because at least they are doing something.

What we need is a party with an ideology with a much less slippery slope than libertarianism. I claim that we can turn either of the existing major parties into such a party. If the GOP isn't a shining example of how a party can change to meet the will of its constiuency I don't know what is.

Frankly, I find the ideology which dismisses this possibility nothing short of lazy. The problem isn't that these guys are running the show--it's that WE are NOT. That isn't their fault, it's ours. We won't get anywhere till people take responsibility for that.

When you point the finger on this one, three point back at you. Read the constitution and tell me again who has the power.

Top Bottom