Drooping Leaves on Autos - Please Help!!!

• Thread starter HowardMarks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HowardMarks

HowardMarks

Hey everyone, hoping you can help me out with a problem I have, first grow in over 10 years, things have gone reasonably well up until a few days ago and I'm going bananas figuring the problem out.

Problem
I have 2 auto strains growing, Royal Bluematic and Watermelon strains from RQS. The Watermelon's were drooping and initially I thought this was down to over watering, but appears I was under watering as I wasn't getting any run off. I now manually water each day, an hour after lights come on until I get 10-20% run off. But the problem now is persistent. The royal blfematics on the other hand have weird symptoms, one has lots of flower buds and stunted and the others seems really short too. The grow is 6 weeks in, since germinating, they were kept in propagation for 2 weeks before being replanted in to 11L pots in their final home.

Environment
The environment is tightly controlled using automation (for peanuts I might add), I will write up an article on how this can be achieved should anyone want to try. Temps and humidity are stable, due to the automation involved, however the heater became faulty over a week ago and I noticed temps dropped to 15c when lights went out, max temps have been 26c with 23c as the average temp most of the time.

The environment is as follows;
1.5m x 1.5m bud box pro
1000W Lumatek LED (currently running at 50%, 24" / 60cm above canopy to achieve ~600 PPFD)
Humidifier - Controller by automation sensors, set to turn on when levels get below 40%
Dehumidifier - Controlled by automation sensors / Currently set to operate when levels are above 50%
Internal circulation fans - 2x 9" fans in either corner, running when temps are over 19c
Exhaust and Inlet fans - Running 24/7 on a SMSCOM fan controller, moving ~220m3 p/h
Heater - Only kicks in when temps get below 19c

Medium
I'm using Canna Coco professional plus in 11L pots, I have one 12.5L air pot which I wanted to try and will be buying more for the next grow as well as automating the feeding and run off collection.

Nutrients
So again, using the full range of Canna Coco nutes, not sure if they are the best but happy to be told otherwise. Right now I'm making juice to 1.4 EC (week 6) and manually feed once a day after lights come on. Water is RO and I add the following to take it to 1.4 EC, 7ml CalMag, 5ml Rhizotonic, 25ml A + 25ml B, 25ml Cannazym, 20ml Canna Boost.

I've gone through several posts and forums, I believe this to be a Phosphorous issue but want to get your guys take on it before I make matters worse.

Drooping leaves on autos   please help
Drooping leaves on autos   please help 2
Drooping leaves on autos   please help 3

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

Hey everyone, hoping you can help me out with a problem I have, first grow in over 10 years, things have gone reasonably well up until a few days ago and I'm going bananas figuring the problem out.

Problem
I have 2 auto strains growing, Royal Bluematic and Watermelon strains from RQS. The Watermelon's were drooping and initially I thought this was down to over watering, but appears I was under watering as I wasn't getting any run off. I now manually water each day, an hour after lights come on until I get 10-20% run off. But the problem now is persistent. The royal blfematics on the other hand have weird symptoms, one has lots of flower buds and stunted and the others seems really short too. The grow is 6 weeks in, since germinating, they were kept in propagation for 2 weeks before being replanted in to 11L pots in their final home.

Environment
The environment is tightly controlled using automation (for peanuts I might add), I will write up an article on how this can be achieved should anyone want to try. Temps and humidity are stable, due to the automation involved, however the heater became faulty over a week ago and I noticed temps dropped to 15c when lights went out, max temps have been 26c with 23c as the average temp most of the time.

The environment is as follows;
1.5m x 1.5m bud box pro
1000W Lumatek LED (currently running at 50%, 24" / 60cm above canopy to achieve ~600 PPFD)
Humidifier - Controller by automation sensors, set to turn on when levels get below 40%
Dehumidifier - Controlled by automation sensors / Currently set to operate when levels are above 50%
Internal circulation fans - 2x 9" fans in either corner, running when temps are over 19c
Exhaust and Inlet fans - Running 24/7 on a SMSCOM fan controller, moving ~220m3 p/h
Heater - Only kicks in when temps get below 19c

Medium
I'm using Canna Coco professional plus in 11L pots, I have one 12.5L air pot which I wanted to try and will be buying more for the next grow as well as automating the feeding and run off collection.

Nutrients
So again, using the full range of Canna Coco nutes, not sure if they are the best but happy to be told otherwise. Right now I'm making juice to 1.4 EC (week 6) and manually feed once a day after lights come on. Water is RO and I add the following to take it to 1.4 EC, 7ml CalMag, 5ml Rhizotonic, 25ml A + 25ml B, 25ml Cannazym, 20ml Canna Boost.

I've gone through several posts and forums, I believe this to be a Phosphorous issue but want to get your guys take on it before I make matters worse.

View attachment 1335784View attachment 1335785View attachment 1335786
They look thirsty to me but may have also been the cold as well. Do you know what the EC of your run off is? Are the pots dry when you water them after 24 hours?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah looks like a watering issue…

size of pots?

light cycle?

how much water and how much runoff?

ph and ppm of runoff?

Last edited:
HowardMarks

HowardMarks

They look thirsty to me but may have also been the cold as well. Do you know what the EC of your run off is? Are the pots dry when you water them after 24 hours?
Yes, the EC coming out is 0.7, going in it's 1.4, they start to become dry and you can see the top getting lighter, if I grab some from the top it's a little moist and crumbles easily.

I gave them a good feed today (EC 2.1) as I haven't had any burn issues and have also read this could be a symptom of under feeding, they are under a 1000W LED, running at 50% getting ~610 PPFD, so I think it may have been a combination of things. Low temps causing too much variation & under feeding. After the feed today, they seem to have perked up loads and are looking much healthier.

HowardMarks

HowardMarks

Yeah looks like a watering issue…

size of pots?

light cycle?

how much water and how much runoff?

ph and ppm of runoff?
11 litre pots, one is in a 12.5L airpot
18/6 light cycle for autos
watering 1.5L daily after lights on, with too much run off I think, today I only watered 1.3L - still got 20% run off
PH going in is 6, yesterday coming off was 7.1. EC1.4 in, 0.7 out. Today the feed was EC2.1 as they just looked really thirsty. They are in week 2 of flower getting ~600PPFD of light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Id back the light up to 30 inches.

they need fed 2x day runoff is almost half ppm of input. Feed at lights on and again half the light cycle.

You can water about 750ml and should get 75-150ml of runoff.

Have a read here and if you have any questions just ask

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Id also start by running 3 gal of nutrient solution through each plant to reset the media

Latest posts

Top Bottom