Drooping

• Thread starter Durksta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Durksta

Durksta

Wilting not sure why first pic plants are hanging downwards like they are overwatered second pic looking fine they are both getting the same treatment can anyone help please

Drooping
Drooping 2
Kepp89

Kepp89

usually i think that means too much water especially at a young age. they require (all their life) dry soil just as much as wet soil. the roots cant breathe as much oxygen out of soaked soil as it can oxygen from the air passing through the dry soil. so they suffocate/drown but will recover as long as you dont continue over watering.

looks like a small amount of burn on the 2-3 leaves so i'd assume again its over watered. the water helps release the ferts i think. use less water = less ferts available = healthier non over powered nutes

Durksta

Durksta

I did have the burn and I caught that effectively what you said it what I thought over watered thanks

Kepp89

Kepp89

looking at the pic again...is your watering line only watering the corner? i'd think the opposite corner would be best to force the roots to spread out. and i imagine waiting for all of the medium to be wet would result in soaking one of the corners before the other corners have adequate wetness. maybe look into tubing and piercing your own holes but idk shit about much. just what i think on it.

and id grab some peroxide and clean some of that stuff up but thats just me. spray bottle + paper towels ezpz

I

Ikkt

Are they in corells or is there something else beneath?
If it's straight corells I'd use drip rings or two drippers per container. Otherwise a lot of substrate stays quite dry.

How often are you watering?
How long are they in the system?
And what medium are the cuts/seedlings in?
Usually its hard to overwater in coarse corells. But with a rockwool cube/peat or something the like down there they can get overwatered before the roots had time to spread into the corells. Just reduce to 5 minutes every 4 hours for example if you feel more comfortable that way. But usually 24/7 is no problem in corells.
Had such drooping at the beginning a couple of times myself but it usually stops after a couple days.

As a tip for the future:
You can get crushed corells for horti use or as insulation material or use smaller correls mixed with perlite or straight fine/medium perlite in netcups instead of rockwool for cuttings/seeds. Doesn't matter much what you use as long as its a fast draining airy substrate and nothing as wet as rockwool or peat etc.
Works extremely well with a simple "flood & drain cloner" constantly flooding and draining, with a 1-2 hour break/dry period 2-3 times a day.
Or with a little water in a tray, but that's not as fast.
You can just bury the whole filled netcup as you would with rw Cubes or other stuff, the roots will grow out just fine, no need to remove the netcup and cause unnecessary stress.
Reduces the chances of rotting and water logging, its a way better propagation substrate than rockwool imho. Plus they can start growing right in the cloner and have nearly no transplant shock and transition phase.

Top Bottom